Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 8 Jan 2002, 14:03 (Ref:195458)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Karts on Aussie TV this weekend !!!!!!!

from www.kartoz.com.au

The final of the Syndeticom/Siemon International Class from the 2001 APS PRO-NATS will be televised this weekend on SBS Speedweek as part of their extensive coverage of the Eastern Creek event from October 21.

Just under 30 minutes of the best karting action you are ever likely to see will begin around 4:00pm this Saturday (January 12). so tune in and make sure you've set the VCR because this is one race you are going to want to watch over, and over again!

We also expect the one hour FOX special to be ready to go within the coming weeks and will release times when they become available.

DONT FORGET !!!!!!!!!

(subtle reminder to myself there )
Old 9 Jan 2002, 01:31 (Ref:195838)   #2
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Marcus.

I heard from some locals that were there racing in Rotax Light that the International race was not to be missed.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 00:42 (Ref:199910)   #3
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it was good.

Five karts nose to tail for most of the race, with some breathtaking positional changes.

Reduced to 3 for the run to the flag when Cox and Hunt came together in the closing stages. We didn't get to see the start of the incident, but Chris Cox going bakwards through the air into the tyre barrier looked spectacular.

The guy in third position with less than half a lap to go ended up winning.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 06:10 (Ref:199980)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep , was interesting to say the least , kinda makes me want to get out and have a crack just after I finished watching it.

and those karts with the gearboxes on them ...wow ..now thats one hell of a machine
Old 18 Jan 2002, 12:03 (Ref:200584)   #5
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the gearbox karts on speedweek. That was some good racing there, The problem is that those gearbox karts have the tech of a V8 Supercar. They have a tacho, a better gearbox than the v8's and alot cheaper to run.What do you's think
regards
the man
Old 18 Jan 2002, 12:36 (Ref:200593)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah they were tops...and the Eastern Creek facility polished up pretty well too...
Old 18 Jan 2002, 17:32 (Ref:200693)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
would have to agree , they were great , dont know if they could be compared to v8's or not but they would be a heck of alot cheaper to run , and just as much fun i reckon , so they get my thumbs up and I would be more likely to be racing them in the future than V8's thats for sure.

and yes the eastern creek facility does scrub up well and a credit to the oranizers (Gary Holt is one of them isnt he ???)
Old 19 Jan 2002, 01:52 (Ref:200997)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I think he owns the joint...

But Karting at that level is stupidly expensive- some of the quotes on how much it costs is a little gobsmacking. For instance one race meeting at that level would be the equivilent of buying a car and racing it for a full season in a State Championship...