Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Aug 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4171393)   #76
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No GTPs at Mosport sounds like a bad joke. And that Indy enduro...
Old 4 Aug 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4171395)   #77
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who wants to go to a race with LMP2 cars winning overall? I ZERO have interest in CTMP whatsoever under that format. That is better off being all GTD. Honestly nobody is excited about Indianapolis motor speedway. IMSA don't need them. But the worst is only 1 all GT race (VIR)? Lime Rock off the sked? I was hoping for 3 all GTD races. We only get 1!!!! WTF IMSA. Screw you.

Worst schedule IMSA has put out since the Weathertech series formed in 2014. And there was real opportunity to have something good with the larger grid numbers and LMP3 going away. They blew that.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4171396)   #78
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like IMSA will stick to the same driver rating mandates for GTD Am in 2024. Personally, I would have at least liked for them to add a mandate where you can only have 1 gold driver for Daytona. To lessen the chance of a GTD Am car winning GTD overall like we had in 2023.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4171398)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It sounds like you need to follow the multiple SRO championships and stop being upset that IMSA isn't one of them.

No chance they were going to add races and definitely not GT only, that's not the series goal
Old 4 Aug 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4171399)   #80
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Looks like IMSA will stick to the same driver rating mandates for GTD Am in 2024. Personally, I would have at least liked for them to add a mandate where you can only have 1 gold driver for Daytona. To lessen the chance of a GTD Am car winning GTD overall like we had in 2023.
I thought that was great

It’s perfectly fine that this can happen, indeed it is a good thing. It adds to the overall that a David may occasionally beat a Goliath. Even if it is actual one David and two Goliaths beating three Goliaths.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 23:11 (Ref:4171401)   #81
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought that was great

It’s perfectly fine that this can happen, indeed it is a good thing. It adds to the overall that a David may occasionally beat a Goliath. Even if it is actual one David and two Goliaths beating three Goliaths.
Especially since that seems to be a badge of honor and enjoyed by the field of Davids. And doesn't seem to annoy the Goliath teams at all
Old 5 Aug 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4171434)   #82
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’d be annoyed if I was a Mosport local.

Would I be annoyed if I was a Lime Rock local?

Yes and no. The IMSA meeting there has been so poor since it went GT-only, and I felt this year was a new low with not even MPC having the whole grid there. And that was it! No other IMSA categories in attendance.

The GT grid was stronger than last year and 18-20 or so at Lime Rock is fine but it’s the overall package - it’s just been poor. And you certainly wouldn’t get anyone traveling far for it.

Mid Ohio returning with MPC and VP Challenge is cool.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4171444)   #83
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
2024 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Schedule:
Jan. 19-21 — Roar Before Rolex 24
Jan. 25-28 — Rolex 24 at Daytona*
March 13-16 — Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring*
April 19-20 — Long Beach Street Circuit (GTP/GTD)
May 10-12 — WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (GTP/GTD Pro/GTD)
May 31-June 1 — Detroit Grand Prix (GTP/GTD Pro)
June 27-30 — Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen*
July 12-14 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (LMP2/GTD Pro/GTD)
Aug. 2-4 — Road America
Aug. 23-25 — Virginia International Raceway (GTD Pro/GTD)
Sept. 20-22 — Indianapolis Motor Speedway*
Oct. 9-12 — Motul Petit Le Mans*
The clashes are disappointing, but hard to avoid given how WEC is still deferring to F1, and the fallout from that scheduling headache.

And courtesy of Roger Penske, here's how 2025's calendar will end:

Sept. 19-21 — 6 Hours of Road Atlanta
Oct. 8-11 — Motul Petit Le Mans at Indianapolis
Old 5 Aug 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4171480)   #84
GT3_Fan
Racer

And it looks like at the State of the Series address at Road Atlanta, we will get the full 2024 grid! No need for off season speculation any more eh?

Let it begin now then? Biggest question with GTP for sure has to be the fate of the Meyer Shank Acura team. I sure hope Penske Porsche comes up with new and better liveries for their cars in 2024. Current one is devilishly bad.

GTD Pro. Perhaps it is what we got now but with 2 Corvettes once more. 2 Fords coming in. I wonder also if Turner BMW will go to full season pro entry. I keep forgetting about Risi. But they hopefully have not left the scene yet as well. I think there should be mandate to forbid bronze drivers from competing in GTD Pro so we don't get a couple of the fake pro entries like we did at Daytona. Also hope that IMSA at least decides to only permit one gold to compete in a GTD Am driver line up at Daytona. A decision like that can still be made.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4171485)   #85
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there firsthand at the Petit to verify the state of the Series. Can hardly wait!!!
Old 5 Aug 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4171496)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
The clashes are disappointing, but hard to avoid given how WEC is still deferring to F1, and the fallout from that scheduling headache.

Zero chance of that one, they may like to run at Indy for Roger but moving Petit from Road Atlanta and you'll have to shut the series down, even sponsors and teams would line up to kick Penske Promotions in the groin repeatedly

Never mind that the weather at Indy in October is highly variable and can be cool and wet, not great for an enclosed track. And I do NOT want to be camping for a week in the second month of August at Road Atlanta

Last edited by broadrun96; 5 Aug 2023 at 15:36.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4171497)   #87
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I don't understand the absolute fire hatred of GTD here. Seems like some want them to just go away and hide, and get off the track. Look over at GT Americas to see what happened with 37 thousand regs and restrictions. Let things go and race, if a Silver is faster than your second Gold or Platinum maybe you need to rethink your hiring. Same cars, same regs and let em race
Old 5 Aug 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4171499)   #88
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

Let's hope Roger Penske doesn't read this, he might take your idea seriously
Old 6 Aug 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4171686)   #89
GT3_Fan
Racer

PMR BMW to GTD Pro in 2024. A neat move I did not expect. They could do quite well with Sellers/Snow/+ BMW factory driver for enduros.

Sellers/Snow just finished 2nd overall GTD at Road America as they announced this!
Old 6 Aug 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4171689)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And first in GTD
Old 6 Aug 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4171700)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
And first in GTD
And Madison ain't afraid of a challenge and often is in for as much or more time than Sellers
Old 6 Aug 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4171701)   #92
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And Madison ain't afraid of a challenge and often is in for as much or more time than Sellers
As was the case in the last race. 45 laps to 25.
Snow best lap 2:05.204 to Sellers 2:05.088. Good stuff.

Edit: More than that. Look at the spread.

Average Lap time
RankCarFastestTop 5Top 10Top 20
1Bryan Sellers (BMW 1)2:05.0882:05.4312:05.6462:06.034
2Madison Snow (BMW 1)2:05.2042:05.3362:05.4442:05.601
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 1.png  
Old 6 Aug 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4171707)   #93
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Clashes are a result of tv airtime requirements, according to IMSA. Not giving potential adjustments much chance.
Old 6 Aug 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4171709)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
PMR BMW to GTD Pro in 2024. A neat move I did not expect. They could do quite well with Sellers/Snow/+ BMW factory driver for enduros.

Sellers/Snow just finished 2nd overall GTD at Road America as they announced this!
Quote:
And first in GTD
I was thinking about Madison during the race today and qualifying yesterday. He is so quick for an am, and has been reclassified in the past, but BMW should just pay him. I guess with this announcement that is what is happening?
Old 6 Aug 2023, 21:12 (Ref:4171716)   #95
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Clashes are a result of tv airtime requirements, according to IMSA. Not giving potential adjustments much chance.
Yeah, I think in order to get the TV package they want the TV guys get to dictate the schedule and so folks will have to decide on series. Think we will see teams stop running depending on early season success or lack there of
Old 7 Aug 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4171799)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
During the Road America race there was an interview with Doonan and he alluded to some big announcement at Petit. I don't know what that would be other than the potential for a Toyota or Ferrari to run at Daytona?
Old 7 Aug 2023, 21:22 (Ref:4171820)   #97
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
the potential for a Toyota or Ferrari to run at Daytona?
Toyota I don't think so but Ferrari is likely indeed (Risi entry?) and I'd love to see that happen Another thing - will Lambo race at Daytona? I haven't seen any clear answer from them, only something like "maybe, we'll see".
Old 7 Aug 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4171826)   #98
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The way AF Corse and Ferrari sounded earlier this season, Risi running a car ain't high on the list of what they think can happen. Now them running a car for a collector??
Old 8 Aug 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4171867)   #99
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Toyota I don't think so but Ferrari is likely indeed (Risi entry?) and I'd love to see that happen Another thing - will Lambo race at Daytona? I haven't seen any clear answer from them, only something like "maybe, we'll see".
Lambo feels Daytona comes too early but you'll never know.

Ferrari's Daytona 'momentum' seems to have slowed down as well.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:33 (Ref:4171872)   #100
GT3_Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
During the Road America race there was an interview with Doonan and he alluded to some big announcement at Petit. I don't know what that would be other than the potential for a Toyota or Ferrari to run at Daytona?
Probably the full season entry list reveal