Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jun 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4057653)   #451
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
like mclaren, bentley is supposed to go full electric in near future so it fits much more in FE than lmdh... and also because, honestly... after porsche, audi and maybe lamborghini sharing same platform, a fourth rebadge of the same car would be ridiculous
From what Graham said it was a fully private venture anyway - not factory backed. So not a surprise they don't have a high order slot on the chassis production line.

In hindsight, very optimistic for year one, but there could be more possibilities of this nature in future years.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4057654)   #452
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It wasn’t likely to go far without factory backing. Especially if the actual manufacturer didn’t consider LM a priority. I never thought it was going to happen this year anyway. We’ll just have to get through the next few years and see what happens
Old 21 Jun 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4057664)   #453
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
In keeping with the thread title, I am positively confused on the basis for the LMDH category. I understand they will be based off of a P2 tub, but is this one of the current generation cars, or the next gen P2 chassis? Because I still don't know what a next gen P2 car is. I have seen no announcements about the future of the class, but thought it was due for a refresh in 2022 or 2023.
Dallara: “Totally Different Grounds” With New Gen LMP2
Dallara looking to take lessons learned from first-gen LMP2 car into new 2024 contender…
Quote:
“I know the ACO guys and I believe everyone wants to see diversity,” Angelelli said. “I believe every one of us has learned a lesson.
“I think the next LMP2 generation will start from totally different grounds. I believe we’ll see representation from all four constructors.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...5UZXw1_fMsSF-g
Old 21 Jun 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4057673)   #454
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Other than Oreca, all the other LMP2 cars were flawed in one way or another. Angelelli seems confident this wouldn't happen again, but he doesn't say why. Is he implying there'll be BoP in P2 now? I don't know if that's the solution, but it's quite clear that any concept of a prototype with arrested development (an oxymoron, I know) is likely to produce problematic machines. The one car that turned out just fine is the result of a development process that began before the rule set was even carried over to P2, and that development involved actual racing and a lot of troubleshooting. Who knew that having an exclusive opportunity to rehearse a job interview and knowing all the questions in advance may give you an edge vs. other candidates, right?

PS: I wonder how many separate articles can John Dagys produce in the coming weeks and months based on a single talk with Angelelli
Old 5 Jul 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4059949)   #455
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excited to see the Peugeot tomorrow!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4059951)   #456
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be good to see it, but all of this silly video hype is actually getting pretty annoying....
Old 8 Jul 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4060427)   #457
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure this really tells us anything but maybe there will be a useful announcement some time soon.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...h-convergence/
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4060446)   #458
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The article implies IMSA was concerned that LMH hybrids under current regs would outperform LMDh cars. So they'll be slowed down some more and, of course, fans will once again blame Aston Martin
Old 9 Jul 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4060485)   #459
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
The article implies IMSA was concerned that LMH hybrids under current regs would outperform LMDh cars. So they'll be slowed down some more and, of course, fans will once again blame Aston Martin

Considering IMSA and WEC will have different bop, I think LMH will get a more favourable bop in WEC, the oppoiste in IMSA
Old 9 Jul 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4060512)   #460
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Full future convergence!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...from-2023.html
Old 9 Jul 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4060530)   #461
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great news!
Old 9 Jul 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4060557)   #462
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Considering IMSA and WEC will have different bop, I think LMH will get a more favourable bop in WEC, the oppoiste in IMSA
Well, today's convergence agreement pretty much means ACO and IMSA shook hands on what you've just said.

Isn't this what Napolis very cynically said all along?
Old 9 Jul 2021, 23:24 (Ref:4060564)   #463
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't speak about peugeot because we don't even know their real interest for anything but le mans, but I find really unlikely toyota would be happy to accept the possibility to be beaten by a lmp2+ with spec parts.
Everything is getting bopped or spec'ed.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 03:06 (Ref:4060577)   #464
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think all of them are looking forward to a big healthy sportscar world championship. As for racing in IMSA? Hmm. Probably depends on Toyota US operations, which isn’t a simple thing! They’ve been there before. So, who knows? It’s a bonus for the program if they do.

Maybe major races?

Peugeot are unlikely to want to do much IMSA as it’s just not their market.

More generally what about Sebring? Part of the world championship proper? Or still two races?
Old 10 Jul 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4060593)   #465
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least it means we might see a team or manufacturer run a duel program in the WEC and IMSA. Anything that helps both series boost numbers can’t be a bad thing
Old 10 Jul 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4060595)   #466
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I feel this will benefit wec and le mans more than imsa. I'd like to think glickenhaus would run some imsa races, but I struggle to think the other lmh manufacturers interested in anything beyond Sebring anyway.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4060597)   #467
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I feel this will benefit wec and le mans more than imsa. I'd like to think glickenhaus would run some imsa races, but I struggle to think the other lmh manufacturers interested in anything beyond Sebring anyway.
Daytona is quite prestigious and not to forget Ferraris last major sportscar succes was on that track, I can see them going there.

I am possitive about this and sure a goof balance will be found. Until now we have only seen good sporting interest from all parties.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4060627)   #468
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
In the past 20 years, when ACO-centric manufacturers could cherry pick IMSA races, they went to Sebring and Petit. Of course, now Daytona will be the top pick. But there's an argument that if you add just one more race (Glen) to those three you can come away with a NAEC trophy.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4060639)   #469
Mike E
Veteran

I guess it must be easier to do something interesting with underbody aero like Pug seem to be doing if you go down the LMH route rather than LMDh. Bigger investment means bigger marketing potential.

I am really looking forward to seeing these cars lined up together to see what is possible from the two approaches.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4060641)   #470
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Daytona is quite prestigious and not to forget Ferraris last major sportscar succes was on that track, I can see them going there.

I am possitive about this and sure a goof balance will be found. Until now we have only seen good sporting interest from all parties.
Antonello Coletta said 3 months ago that they want to be at Daytona 2023.

Quote:
Ferrari has set itself the aim of an early 2023 race debut. Its target for the first track test is April or May next year, but this will depend on how the coronavirus pandemic pans out.
The date of that first race could depend on whether IMSA allows LMH cars to compete in its top class. IMSA’s season typically starts with the Rolex 24 at Daytona each January, several weeks before the WEC usually begins.
Ferrari is understood to be eager for LMH cars to run in both the WEC and IMSA.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...r-lmh-program/
Old 10 Jul 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4060650)   #471
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
In the past 20 years, when ACO-centric manufacturers could cherry pick IMSA races, they went to Sebring and Petit. Of course, now Daytona will be the top pick.
Back in the day following Group C, I always assumed it was Daytona that was the one you wanted to win. And that impression was certainly helped by Jaguar winning and pushing it.

But as I've grown up I've moved more to Sebring being the one I see as the blue ribboned event. Even at half the distance. That has had more recentish history, but I also see it as being more historic overall now. Interesting how I've changed there. I guess it helps that the race is the main event to be held at that venue, where it isn't at Daytona.

I'll get to Sebring next year, not so bothered about Daytona.

Although this is a pointless exercise ranking two top events.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4060655)   #472
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
As a spectacle/circuit I much prefer Sebring. But I'm under the impression that Daytona 24h is more of a household name (a stretch, I know), especially now that it came out of the isolationist Grand Am era.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4060660)   #473
canaglia
Veteran

do daytona and sebring I imagine it like a logistical nightmare for an european team, even for an european based manufacturer actually... because it means ship the cars on december, race daytona on january, to park the cars somewhere in florida and run sebring in march to ship everything back in europe.
Considering also that european based LMH manufacturers spend winter months to do dozen of test sessions....
Let's say that a WEC LMH manufacturers should ship the cars on plane to run daytona on january, come back europe by plane to test on february and then ship the cars on plane again to run sebring and get back in europe... is possible of course, but damn... it must really have a great desire to run in USA...
Old 10 Jul 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4060670)   #474
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
do daytona and sebring I imagine it like a logistical nightmare for an european team, even for an european based manufacturer actually... because it means ship the cars on december, race daytona on january, to park the cars somewhere in florida and run sebring in march to ship everything back in europe.
Considering also that european based LMH manufacturers spend winter months to do dozen of test sessions....
Let's say that a WEC LMH manufacturers should ship the cars on plane to run daytona on january, come back europe by plane to test on february and then ship the cars on plane again to run sebring and get back in europe... is possible of course, but damn... it must really have a great desire to run in USA...
Old 10 Jul 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4060671)   #475
canaglia
Veteran

toyota tested at sebring only in february - early march 2019 because needed to be there anyhow because of WEC sebring race. It's the only time toyota ever tested in USA since 2012, it was basically a necessity, logistic issues or not.
TMG usually tests at paul ricard and aragon, recently at portimao too.
It was audi that used sebring as main track for R18 test, having sessions over sessions from late november to march