Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jun 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3910093)   #1
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glickenhaus Hypercar

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...92609116823552

Quote:
We welcome the final @FIAWEC Hypercar Rules. After our 8th 24 race @nuerburgring we’ll gear up for the WEC 2020/21 season. We welcome @AMR_Official and we invite any and all other manufacturers of hypercars to join too. For us, if it can’t race for 24 Hours, it’s not that hyper.
I think we can take this as an official announced by Big Jim that they'll be on the grid.

For me, this is the most exciting of the 3 announced projects.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3910102)   #2
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

I think we can take this as an official announced by Big Jim that they'll be on the grid.

The idea that Glickenhaus, ByKolles, potentially Rebellion, SMP... will all be able to actively compete against AMR and Toyota is pretty exciting, regardless of the technology involved.

I hope we see more manufacturers, whether it be in year one or later
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3910116)   #3
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

I agree and I think it this will look the most "GTish" too. I am glad the hypercar regs have worked out.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3910119)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
The idea that Glickenhaus, ByKolles, potentially Rebellion, SMP... will all be able to actively compete against AMR and Toyota is pretty exciting, regardless of the technology involved.
Just because it's going to be a boring old bop class with theoretical clone lap times and fuel mileage doesn't mean the privateers are magically going to be at the heels of OEMs at Le Mans. The manufacturers are the ones paying the bills and lawyers, they will get the better bop treatment. The very essence of bop is corruption.

Maybe privateers will be allowed to win some of the "lesser races" to make em feel welcomed. Also makes the pretense of 'competition' more compelling for OEMs as well, as long as they're not at danger in LM
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3910138)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I recall, this was planned to be a hybrid effort but I can't remember what the engine choice was. GM based?

Also, will this fit into the prototype side of the regs, or the street car based side? They plan on selling road versions but it is being developed as a prototype.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3910140)   #6
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I agree and I think it this will look the most "GTish" too. I am glad the hypercar regs have worked out.

Thats the sudo-GT3 003 pictured

This is the Hypercar entry
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3910142)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Just because it's going to be a boring old bop class with theoretical clone lap times and fuel mileage doesn't mean the privateers are magically going to be at the heels of OEMs at Le Mans. The manufacturers are the ones paying the bills and lawyers, they will get the better bop treatment. The very essence of bop is corruption.

Maybe privateers will be allowed to win some of the "lesser races" to make em feel welcomed. Also makes the pretense of 'competition' more compelling for OEMs as well, as long as they're not at danger in LM
We get it, we get it, you like to ****, moan, whine a cry about things you don't like, don't understand and want everyone to hate. Sorry but you have ZERO evidence of any of the bullshit you exclaim and frankly I'm absolutley f'ing tired of it. Get a life and move the hell on, find something else to watch before you drive everyone off of the site
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3910148)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's encouraging for the series to have them announcing their project with plenty of time. Only hope more will announce as times goes on
Old 14 Jun 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3910183)   #9
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't like that LMP1 is becoming a BOP class, but in fairness, it's been that way to varying degrees since like forever it seems. GTE is, GT3 is, DPI/the rest of IMSA is. You can either accept it for what it is, or find something else to do.

And IMO that goes for everyone on all sides of the debate.

After seeing LMP1 implode relative to what it was, and become insanely expensive, I'm in favor of anything that brings in new blood and variety, like what we have in GT racing.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3912413)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a bit of info about the company in this article

https://karenable.com/the-ambitious-...n-glickenhaus/

It was funny how they got approved to build road cars in the US.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3912414)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was a bit of info about the company in this article

https://karenable.com/the-ambitious-...n-glickenhaus/

It was funny how they got approved to build road cars in the US.
Government efficiency at its best there.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3912507)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Government efficiency at its best there.
They got their approval because trump fired all the people who review these things and the 90 day window for review passed. Brilliant! I wish some of my permit requests for things would have worked like that!
Old 18 Jun 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3912625)   #13
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly the only thing we can thank Donald for!
Old 18 Jun 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3912723)   #14
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Possibly the only thing we can thank Donald for!
Lets not turn this into another place with politics involved. I'm just glad they're going to be racing.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3912738)   #15
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That hypercar render reminds me of a Ford GT on steroids.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3913147)   #16
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jim has talked about selling 004s for Ring for customer entry. I wonder if selling Hypercars is on the table?

Rebellion Glickenhaus. Peak awesome.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3914326)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Glick is set to begin production of the hypercar in Sept and hopes to have a test car by the end of the year:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...or-2020-debut/

Most interesting is the potential of a twin-turbo V-6 from a major OEM. Off the top of my head I believe that describes the engine in the Ford GT, but i think a few others have a similar engine available.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3914327)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Glick is set to begin production of the hypercar in Sept and hopes to have a test car by the end of the year:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...or-2020-debut/

Most interesting is the potential of a twin-turbo V-6 from a major OEM. Off the top of my head I believe that describes the engine in the Ford GT, but i think a few others have a similar engine available.
The previous HPD Prototypes had a turbo V6. The current car is a twin turbo HPD V6 I think.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3914342)   #19
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope to don't be wrong but racing 003 uses honda 3.5L V6 (the same motor used in acura dpi) while street 003 uses M6 4.4L turbo
Old 26 Jun 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3914345)   #20
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Road going SCG 003 uses the BMW 4.4 twin turbo V8 as used in the M5/M6/850/M8.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 01:58 (Ref:3914359)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
The previous HPD Prototypes had a turbo V6. The current car is a twin turbo HPD V6 I think.
Thanks, I totally forgot about that! I was thinking about the short lived Caddy GT3 program that also used a TT V6, but thought that would be a stretch. Do any of the German companies use a TT V6 in racing applications?
Old 27 Jun 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3914370)   #22
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AER and Nissan have V6 Twin Turbos as well
Old 27 Jun 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3914380)   #23
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I confess I am a bit lost with SCG's various model announcements but they said last year that they would be using the Nissan GT-R engine in the 004.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...0bhp-nissan-v6
Old 27 Jun 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3914421)   #24
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I confess I am a bit lost with SCG's various model announcements but they said last year that they would be using the Nissan GT-R engine in the 004.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...0bhp-nissan-v6
Hi
Pleased with N24. We were 2 OA when we came together while passing and broke a headlight. We came in and replaced 2 Fenders/radiator support/ etc. in 16 minutes. We went back out in 20Th and made our way back up. We were fastest on the straight (aero) and had the lap record up until the end when having moved up to 9Th we settled down as the gap to P1 (13 minutes) could not be made up in time allowing. IF we hadn’t Lost 16...
We gave her a wash, mounted road tires and set off to The RedBull Ring to parade the F1 Race. If you’re there say hello. I’m off To Monaco with my wife and Modulo. We will have our new Glickenhaus 004C which will be GT2/SPX/GT3 at The Ring in 2020. We will drive to and race The Baja 1000 in 2019 in our Glickenhaus Boot. Both of those will be V8 powered. Our Glickenhaus 007LMP1 will likely be built to prototype rules and we will have road legal examples. 600HP ICE RWD/150HP FWD KERS. Likely TTV6 ICE. More to come...
Old 27 Jun 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3914422)   #25
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Hi
Pleased with N24. We were 2 OA when we came together while passing and broke a headlight. We came in and replaced 2 Fenders/radiator support/ etc. in 16 minutes. We went back out in 20Th and made our way back up. We were fastest on the straight (aero) and had the lap record up until the end when having moved up to 9Th we settled down as the gap to P1 (13 minutes) could not be made up in time allowing. IF we hadn’t Lost 16...
We gave her a wash, mounted road tires and set off to The RedBull Ring to parade the F1 Race. If you’re there say hello. I’m off To Monaco with my wife and Modulo. We will have our new Glickenhaus 004C which will be GT2/SPX/GT3 at The Ring in 2020. We will drive to and race The Baja 1000 in 2019 in our Glickenhaus Boot. Both of those will be V8 powered. Our Glickenhaus 007LMP1 will likely be built to prototype rules and we will have road legal examples. 600HP ICE RWD/150HP FWD KERS. Likely TTV6 ICE. More to come...

The video of the 003 swapping out to road tires and heading off after the N24 was just the coolest. Beautiful car too

Excited for all you guys have coming!