Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2624317)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yet another survey

FOTA would very much like to know your opinions about F1.

http://www.lgf1racingfansurvey.com/home.aspx
Old 2 Feb 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2624355)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just done it, I'd say it's a pretty good survey. Worth taking the time to fill it out just to make the point that the classic circuits need to be preserved on the calendar, and the new ones are largely "meh".
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2624382)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh it's very similar to the ING one with the exception of the classic tracks section.

Selby
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2624399)   #4
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah good survey! Was good to be asked about the classic tracks.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2624403)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Just to note, I recall Whitmarsh stating that they need to cater to the casual fans more, so if you want your opinion to count at all, I would fill it in assuming you are a part time watcher.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2624409)   #6
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's taken into account - one of the first sets of questions establish how hardcore a fan you are.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2624415)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh I was almost thinking about lying on that bit, I must say. I get this horrible feeling they're not focusing on us hardcore fans.

Selby
Old 2 Feb 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2624428)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, was definitely a worthwhile survey but starting to get that same nagging feeling as everyone else that a fan vote is wasted. Part of me also feels any part-time followers that answer shorter races are more likely to get them to watch is a VERY bad thing. Being an eduro fan I already think the F1 GPs are too short, any shorter and I almost think there's no point in airing it live. Might as well wait to see the replays. Wish there were some comments sections, would like F1 to push for getting on the Sunday night sportscenter to see if we can build some more US fans, although with nascar taking a good chunk of time now it may be hard to do.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2624430)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I was going to say, it'd be nice if there was some more actual personal input (with the exception of the sponsors bit).

Selby
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2624473)   #10
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a quick look at the sort of stuff it includes today at school before I'll submit it from home. Question is, is it actually achieving anything? FOTA and F1 as a whole should reward the fans' time for doing this and give something back....
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2625056)   #11
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some questions were a little tricky. For example, the survey asks for an opinion on the new points system and then a separate one on whether the gap from second place to winner should be increased or decreased. Increased or decreased from what? 2009's two-point gap or 2010's seven-point gap? As ever these things are left very slightly open to interpretation...

A personal comments section would be very good for people like us with myriad views on the sport - but how long would it take to process the information? Would it not be a little complicated?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2625078)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post

A personal comments section would be very good for people like us with myriad views on the sport - but how long would it take to process the information? Would it not be a little complicated?
Certainly more complicated than a computer identifying where you put your dot.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2625119)   #13
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish that the section on KERS had at least one more box to tick, none of the options comes any where near expressing my view on KERS.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2625134)   #14
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel dirty that the 5 brands i associated with f1 sponsorship were (in no order) Marlboro, JPS, gold leaf, camel and benson and hedges.

but its true we remember these because the cars livery was instantly recognisable and you remember the brand, doesnt make me any more likely to buy that brand though!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2625146)   #15
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
but its true we remember these because the cars livery was instantly recognisable and you remember the brand, doesnt make me any more likely to buy that brand though!
Subliminally it probably does. Otherwise, what is the point of advertising?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2625151)   #16
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Usually I'd claim it has no effect on me at all... but Kingfisher is nice beer.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2625162)   #17
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
i dont smoke though, so im unlikely to be swayed over a particular brand. however maybe subliminally ive been using the word danke quite alot whenever i visit germany so i guess you could say ive been influenced by damon hills danke liveried arrows yamaha...!

Last edited by GolddustMini; 2 Feb 2010 at 19:13.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2625169)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett View Post
I wish that the section on KERS had at least one more box to tick, none of the options comes any where near expressing my view on KERS.
"Waste of _______ <- insert term here"
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2625174)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Is anyone actually fallING for any of that subliminal stuff?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2625185)   #20
GolddustMini
Veteran

dunno, as a kid i did visit a united colours of benneton shop as i recognised the name from formula one. didnt buy anything though!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2625188)   #21
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
Well, it's not something you look at & think about really. Yet I had problems thinking of 5 when I did the survey.

Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2625193)   #22
GolddustMini
Veteran

im not one to shell out money willy nilly on products on the back of seeing them on an F1 car, im a total tightwad
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2625194)   #23
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Well, it's not something you look at & think about really. Yet I had problems thinking of 5 when I did the survey.

I resisted the temptation to put tictac, gitanes and durex just for old times sake
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2625207)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Well, I'm pleased to hear all of that, and don't go fallING for that Marlboro fakery on the Ferrari, because that's just not good for your Elf.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2625215)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It covers a lot of aspects, has a lot of possible answers... it's a great survey to me. The worst was the no comments section or free answers policy - I couldn't mention Pechito López as one of the drivers I follow, for example.

Top 5 adjectives: leader, prestigious, top tech. Changes: more thrill, more driver skills, more tech, more green. 2009 highlight: Brazil's first lap - I tend to remember much about older races.

Protect classic venues: yes. Visit new places at the expense of European races: yes. Top 5 GP venues: UK, Germany, France, Italy and Belgium. That means I missed Monaco!!! I should have let France out, it's more or less covered by Belgium and Monaco. Added to the top 5 and bottom 5, the remaining countries should have been allowed to be described as "I'd rather have it", "I don't care" and "i'd rather leave it out".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
if you want your opinion to count at all, I would fill it in assuming you are a part time watcher.
Lying will only cause trouble.