Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:48 (Ref:134563)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Octagon - reliable ticket booking

Earlier this week, I decided to try out Octagon's online ticket booking for the first time. Annoying website going round in circles, but at least quicker than their phone booking.
Well, the ticket arrived this morning and I can't fault the Post Office for getting it to me. It's all very well sending a ticket out by registered post, but it does actually help sometimes to put a name and address on it!!!! It didn't have any details on it at all for where it was supposed to be going to!
Old 23 Aug 2001, 09:52 (Ref:134752)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't bother booking them through what was Brands Hatch Leisure. Last year booked some tickets for Snetterton, turned up on the day of the meeting, ten-minutes before I was going to leave!
Old 23 Aug 2001, 10:16 (Ref:134766)   #3
sunbeam73
Rookie

England
MULBARTON, near NORWICH
sunbeam73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAAHhh that reminds me, i ordered tickets for a snetterton event last year that never turned up and I dont think i've checked if they ever refunded me
Old 23 Aug 2001, 10:18 (Ref:134767)   #4
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps things have improved now it is under Octagon??!
Old 23 Aug 2001, 12:13 (Ref:134805)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like I should be glad my tickets have always arrived when I booked them under BHLG
Old 23 Aug 2001, 14:52 (Ref:134880)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too had a look at the Silverstone website to find ticket details about this weekend's Historic Festival. The online ticket section gave the daily price (£28) for each of the 3 days, but no mention of a 3-day pass.

I then looked for a telephone number, alas this is obviously too simple, as they only have a 'netcall' facility where you type in your number and they ring you... So I type in my work number, and sure enough the phone rings, I pick up, and it's an automated 'press 1 for...' system, but it appears that it is an incoming call the keys on the phone don't work. Attempt #2, type in my mobile number, I press the correct option, and hear a message 'I'm sorry we're [click] I'm sorry we're [click] etc.'.

Attempt #3, they list a corporate hospitality telephone number for Silverstone, I ring that. "I'm sorry our office hours are 9h00 to 18h00" (This is at 5pm).

Attempt #4, I ring the Brands Hatch Corporate Hospitality number, a real person answers (hurrah!) and kindly gives me the number for the Silverstone Ticket Office.

Attempt #5, Ring the number given by Brands Hatch and I get straight through to the office, and they do have 3 day passes (hurrah!) and I can get a further tenner off if I am a member of a Motorclub (which I am).

The tickets arrived nice and promptly too (plus I get a 'club carpark' pass - if anyone sees a dirty black Saab parked in amongst some nice cars, that'll be me)

In summary, if only they had put the proper phone number of the website then I could have got through straight away. If I had been a first time visitor (or someone impatient) then I might have given up.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 20:30 (Ref:135036)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
I don't bother booking them through what was Brands Hatch Leisure. Last year booked some tickets for Snetterton, turned up on the day of the meeting, ten-minutes before I was going to leave!
We can beat that...

A year or so ago, Invader very kindly organised a block booking effort, collecting everyone's money, ordering the tickets and distributing them to everyone. Total cost way over a couple of hundred quid.

All very simple stuff... and we got the tickets on time. The annoying bit came when we arrived and there was no one checking tickets - people were streaming in having not paid a penny. To this day I don't remember having pre-ordered a ticket for that very reason...
Old 23 Aug 2001, 20:43 (Ref:135047)   #8
Carrie
Veteran

You've got more patience than I have Guy!!!
I always found a good way round the call queues at Silverstone was to phone the main office and then play dumb and pretend not to know there was a different number for ticket booking. Always got put through to the booking office straight away with no queueing
Old 24 Aug 2001, 07:12 (Ref:135209)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simlar problem at Rockingham.After the fiasco of the Coys festival when tickets were not sent out at all,and we had to walk a mile and que in a building site for them,I am horrified to discover that the Ticketmaster firm involved is still employed for the CART meeting.Sorry I am NOT going to comitt £100+ to this bunch of idiots.