Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 2020, 07:02 (Ref:3980270)   #326
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
What if they tried to restrict numbers - how would they select?
Old 5 Jun 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3980275)   #327
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
What if they tried to restrict numbers - how would they select?
In my opinion, in the case of a selection of spectators, the most sensible solution should be ACO members and their guests. And maybe some tracked persons (sponsors, families...). But you know, we can except anything from the organisers.
I hope that they will announce their decision soon enough to prevent people from preparing for nothing.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3980305)   #328
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely it will be ten-tenths members then everyone else??
Old 5 Jun 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3980308)   #329
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
The decision to hold the bike 24 behind closed doors was inevitable in view of the French government's ban on gatherings of more than 5000 people before the end of August.
We may know more about the government's plans on bigger crowds when more announcements are made later this month.
I think the ACO has found it impossible to guarantee a limited crowd, so it will be a full crowd or no crowd IMO.
Currently hard to imagine going from 1 metre distancing and wearing masks to the shops or to see the hairdresser and so on, to full cheek by jowl with 200,000 other people in a short period of time. We'd have to build up to it gradually.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3980319)   #330
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
In my opinion, in the case of a selection of spectators, the most sensible solution should be ACO members and their guests. And maybe some tracked persons (sponsors, families...). But you know, we can except anything from the organisers.
I hope that they will announce their decision soon enough to prevent people from preparing for nothing.
I suspect that if attendance is limited, then money and connections/influence will dictate who the privileged ones are. It would be reasonable to assume that ACO members would get the nod over non-members, however what about groups with some members and some not. Our group would be 8 in number with only 3 of us holding memberships. Even if they say that a member can take one guest, we would still come up 2 short....

Considering that I should have just about finished packing my bags today for departure tomorrow, it's all a bit depressing....
Old 5 Jun 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3980327)   #331
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I suspect that if attendance is limited, then money and connections/influence will dictate who the privileged ones are. It would be reasonable to assume that ACO members would get the nod over non-members, however what about groups with some members and some not. Our group would be 8 in number with only 3 of us holding memberships. Even if they say that a member can take one guest, we would still come up 2 short....
I think the ACO will take the all or nothing approach as with the Bike 24

Quote:
Considering that I should have just about finished packing my bags today for departure tomorrow, it's all a bit depressing....
Depressing, well yes, but with circa 40,000 recorded deaths due to COVID-19 in the UK and 29,000 in France, we've all had to make sacrifices large and small, haven't we?
Old 5 Jun 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3980342)   #332
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting thing is that the Tour de France is still scheduled from August 29th to September 20th, without spectators restrictions (which are impossible by the way).

Last edited by PascaLM; 5 Jun 2020 at 17:12.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3980369)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post

Depressing, well yes, but with circa 40,000 recorded deaths due to COVID-19 in the UK and 29,000 in France, we've all had to make sacrifices large and small, haven't we?
When you put it that way Christopher, I can hardly disagree! Fortunately (for most of us), life does go on, Le Mans or no Le Mans....
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3980373)   #334
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A point to take in account too is that the Covid figures are better than expected at this stage. I am running a factory in the north of Paris and every three weeks we have a review with official on the status of the virus. In the area I am living, we do not have any new covid case being registered in the 3 hospitals for 10 days in a row. The figure is good. And so far, they are stating that the vu=irus is under control. Let see at the end of june what will be the figures and if the trend is confirmed, let's hope we will come back in a more normal situation.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3980382)   #335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's good to have some better news......
Old 5 Jun 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3980386)   #336
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Driving down the motorway yesterday afternoon as BBC6Music played Country Girl by Primal Scream ... the music intro to the Radio Le Mans previews which are a tradition for our journey out to Le Mans. Hoping we will be listening in September.
Old 6 Jun 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3980460)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was strange this morning, wishing James (Bentley03) a Happy Birthday and he reminding me that in 2011 we celebrated his birthday in Cherbourg on route to Le Mans.... I know I'm going to be doing this all week now, but I should be getting off the ferry in Caen in about an hours time.... Despite Christopher's wise words, I'm still miffed. Just keeping fingers crossed for September.....
Old 6 Jun 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3980478)   #338
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It was strange this morning, wishing James (Bentley03) a Happy Birthday and he reminding me that in 2011 we celebrated his birthday in Cherbourg on route to Le Mans.... I know I'm going to be doing this all week now, but I should be getting off the ferry in Caen in about an hours time.... Despite Christopher's wise words, I'm still miffed. Just keeping fingers crossed for September.....

I'm in total agreement, but we should try and turn it into something positive. We not only have all those fantastic memories, but the possibility of a race in 2020 hasn't yet completely disappeared.

Normally, like most of us, I'd be finalising travel arrangements and in the days ahead I would be building up to the race itself. Instead, I'm building up to the Virtual Race: Invitations have gone out; plans made for "socially distant" tents on the campsite that will look rather like my back garden; the merguez, toulouse and frites are already in the freezer, the lager and wine are on order and so on.

It would be nice if I knew a few smokers who could provide extra ambience by puffing away on Gauloises or Gitanes whilst peeling garlic in some corner of my garden.

Right now, some of that wet stuff is falling, but I know that in seven days rom now, the sun will be shining and it'll be ten degrees warmer.

Think positive!
Old 6 Jun 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3980486)   #339
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is hard not to be sad that we are not all getting ready to head to France, but hopefully it is only delayed
Old 6 Jun 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3980489)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I'm in total agreement, but we should try and turn it into something positive. We not only have all those fantastic memories, but the possibility of a race in 2020 hasn't yet completely disappeared.

Normally, like most of us, I'd be finalising travel arrangements and in the days ahead I would be building up to the race itself. Instead, I'm building up to the Virtual Race: Invitations have gone out; plans made for "socially distant" tents on the campsite that will look rather like my back garden; the merguez, toulouse and frites are already in the freezer, the lager and wine are on order and so on.

It would be nice if I knew a few smokers who could provide extra ambience by puffing away on Gauloises or Gitanes whilst peeling garlic in some corner of my garden.

Right now, some of that wet stuff is falling, but I know that in seven days rom now, the sun will be shining and it'll be ten degrees warmer.

Think positive!
Yes, that's the spirit!
Old 6 Jun 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3980548)   #341
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m having to move house.

I’ve already miss my big race this year, Sebring. That was different to this as unlike Le Mans I wasn’t able to imagine every little bit after doing it so many times. It was odd as right up to a week or so before it was still on and then bits of it got cancelled until eventually it was completely called off.
Old 7 Jun 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3980748)   #342
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know there are more important things goiing on in the world right now and I'm not closing my eyes for them, BUT I can't help feeling sorry for myself. I should be in my tent right now. This is the week of the year I look forward to from the moment the week ends.
Stay safe my friends.
Only luck I have is the weather is not what I like this week.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3980797)   #343
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
This week will be a very somber week for all of us, the fact everyone knows what they would be doing each day and instead we are all sitting at home feeling sorry for ourselves, take car everyone and let us hope we all meet in September.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3981088)   #344
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone seen any mention of when a decision or announcement will be made on the September event taking place?

They'll have to decide something fairly soon to give teams time to ship the cars in from other continents etc.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 10:15 (Ref:3981102)   #345
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Has anyone seen any mention of when a decision or announcement will be made on the September event taking place?

They'll have to decide something fairly soon to give teams time to ship the cars in from other continents etc.
Nothing official, but have seen a couple of references to mid-July on French sites. Personally, I think we'll know considerably more before then.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3981136)   #346
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Nothing real now! Waiting first for the borders reopening and quarantine rules.
Heard that our governement wanted to apply the same quarantine rules to british people than yours to us.........
Only less than 5000 persons events are now allowed.
We hear more and more opposite things........
Actually waiting is unfortunately the only way

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3981143)   #347
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
...Only less than 5000 persons events are now allowed....
I fear this might be the way they go, just have <5000 VIP guests of the teams and event sponsors.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3981147)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's certainly a common fear....
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3981149)   #349
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That would be difficult as teams/marshalls/officials and security would be very close/ or over the 5000 figure on their own. I think there are 3 months to go and the rules are being relaxed almost everyday, have faith it will happen.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3981155)   #350
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Free practice should have started 30 mins ago and Eurosport should be on this house instead daughter number 1 is watching some rubbish on CBBC.....