Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Feb 2002, 17:44 (Ref:209017)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another Teazer......

I'VE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED THIS THREAD, AS THE URL FOR THE PICTURE WILL SHORTLY BE NO MORE. JUST IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO HAVE A LOOK AT IT THOUGH, I HAVE POSTED THE SHOT IN THE LAST POST ON THE THREAD.

Fancy a go at this one?

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...es/teazer1.htm

I probably ought to have posted it in Paulzinho's Historic Racing forum.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Feb 2002 at 03:21.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 20:45 (Ref:209182)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats that, 10, 20 years before i was born? probably lots more

Last edited by Es Nes; 2 Feb 2002 at 20:47.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:01 (Ref:209230)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your bio doesn't disclose your birthdate, Es, so for all I know, you might have been there watching!!
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:03 (Ref:209233)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

LOL ... pm me the answer ... ill let you know

Last edited by Es Nes; 2 Feb 2002 at 22:03.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:10 (Ref:209244)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
LOL ... pm me the answer ... ill let you know
Lets just say I'm fast coming up 45 and it was taken before even I was born!!
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:15 (Ref:209250)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

hot damn ... then its deffently been "lots" longer than 10-20 years LOL
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:22 (Ref:209258)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. My mate Chris took it with his steam-powered camera. (Sorry Chris, not suggesting you're old or anything.....).

The two drivers though are guys that I know some of the people out there will certainly have heard of.

What I need is Paulzinho to link this thread to the historic forum - I'm not about to spam it myself as it's a link to my site.
Old 3 Feb 2002, 00:58 (Ref:209277)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is a clue there.

Year will be 1957 for 1 point.

SL
Old 3 Feb 2002, 14:39 (Ref:209590)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
I think there is a clue there.

Year will be 1957 for 1 point.

SL
The logic is pretty good, but not quite good enough - I'll only give you half a point for being very close.....
Old 7 Feb 2002, 14:01 (Ref:211618)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, completely stumped then? (Or just can't be bothered.....?!).

Clue 1 - Not Le Mans (but then you knew that anyway, didn't you?)

Clue 2 - Its in the UK

Clue 3 - The year was 1956.

Clue 4 - It was quite a prestigious race......

Any help......?

Old 7 Feb 2002, 22:12 (Ref:212012)   #11
SL
Veteran

OK Al,

It seems beyond me as 3 years before birth
But
1 Goodwood Trophy 1956. Cars are unknown as they could be one of several of the time, I cannot find results of the race so unable to match car numbers up. Helmets were all but the same at the time so again little luck. #
I give up !!!!!!!!!

SL
Old 8 Feb 2002, 13:31 (Ref:212279)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, not Goodwood.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 14:15 (Ref:212311)   #13
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit that I though Dundrod but the track looks too wide.

First car looks like an Aston Martin DB3S, the other a Kieft?

Mike
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:33 (Ref:212572)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now we're getting somewhere!!

Well done, iucrmh. One point for the DB3S spot. But the other car isn't a Kieft.

Nor is it Dundrod.

Clue 5 Think top step of the podium at the Olypics. (That's a very obtuse clue requiring some lateral thinking, but now this is opened up to the learned chaps and chappesses on the historic forum, I have to be careful how much I give away!!).
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:34 (Ref:212574)   #15
SL
Veteran

British Empire Trophy, Oulton Park ?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:41 (Ref:212584)   #16
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:43 (Ref:212589)   #17
SL
Veteran

Just seen your last post.
Therefore the Gold Cup.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:46 (Ref:212694)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not the Gold Cup, it's the British Empire Trophy.

You were right first try, Simon!

The driver of the Aston Martin is Reg Parnell, but the car behind is the Lister-Maserati driven by Archie Scott-Brown.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:50 (Ref:212697)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done SL.

P.S. This is my 100th post today!!!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:54 (Ref:212702)   #20
SL
Veteran

Thanks Tim, I was looking for the Gold Cup in 56, but it seems there was not one. Are you sure it is a Lister behind ?

SL
Old 8 Feb 2002, 22:11 (Ref:212716)   #21
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, now here's where it pays to have a glance at other formulae. There was indeed a Gold Cup in 1956, but it was run to Formula 2. Won - I think - by Roy Salvadori in a Cooper Climax. I may be wrong about that.

The car behind is most assuredly a Lister. It's an earlier design than the familiar "knobbly" cars that we're used to, and the full-width air intake gives it away as the Maserati engined car which needed all the cooling it could get.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 19:31 (Ref:213007)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
It's not the Gold Cup, it's the British Empire Trophy.

You were right first try, Simon!

The driver of the Aston Martin is Reg Parnell, but the car behind is the Lister-Maserati driven by Archie Scott-Brown.
Tim, absolutely spot on. (Sorry if I confused everyone with the Gold Cup reference, I msiread the note Chris Green (the photographer) left for me). There's absolutely nothing I can add, Tim has said it all - well done!!
Old 12 Feb 2002, 03:23 (Ref:214369)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
LAST POST ON THIS THREAD

SO, LAST POST ON THIS THREAD. HERE'S THE PICTURE AGAIN.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2010 at 20:44.