Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3972385)   #1376
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not many free weekends there, Iain. Well, maybe now there are.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3972404)   #1377
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Trouble is, although we may be more pragmatic, unless the organisers actually cancel we can't really delete them.
Just change location on title to cancelled or whatever. That won’t instigate it showing in threads?
Old 23 Apr 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3972418)   #1378
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've done that with Donington and it didn't appear on the page.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3972431)   #1379
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder what french people dont understand in the words "stay at home"! Sunny day, everybody out, including children of course… Total madness. If the game is really lets get the virus and see what happens, fair enough. May be it will solve one problem, funding the pensions…*
Old 23 Apr 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3972434)   #1380
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder what french people dont understand in the words "stay at home"! Sunny day, everybody out, including children of course… Total madness. If the game is really lets get the virus and see what happens, fair enough. May be it will solve one problem, funding the pensions…*
Known as Darwinism.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3972442)   #1381
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Known as Darwinism.
C'est absolument correct, mon cher Andy. But look if you apply évolution de l'espèce theory to those people it means more everything, right? Can't imagine them being more selfish, stupid and ignorant! Well thinking about it, probably it started already, putting us way ahead the others…
Old 23 Apr 2020, 21:32 (Ref:3972460)   #1382
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Known as Darwinism.
Trumpism.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Apr 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3972465)   #1383
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Trumpism.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I don’t think Darwinism can explain Trump at all. A complete aberration!
Old 24 Apr 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3972566)   #1384
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don’t think Darwinism can explain Trump at all. A complete aberration!
When judging Donald Trump, I always consider what the alternative the US electors had at the last Vote.

Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton!

Trump's greatest virtue is that he s not a 'politician', he is a business man who ran for President. Compared to the previous incumbent, a right slimy git, he is a breath of fresh air. Maybe he is chauvinistic, prone to gaffs etc, but he is no different from most of us, all faults and failings, taken into account.

Politicians are trained to lie smoothly, Donald tells it like it is.

Far from perfect? Yes

Better than alternatives? Definitely.

One man's opinion - as always.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 07:42 (Ref:3972568)   #1385
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
When judging Donald Trump, I always consider what the alternative the US electors had at the last Vote.

Trump's greatest virtue is that he s not a 'politician', he is a business man who ran for President. Compared to the previous incumbent, a right slimy git, he is a breath of fresh air. Maybe he is chauvinistic, prone to gaffs etc, but he is no different from most of us, all faults and failings, taken into account.

Far from perfect? Yes

Just go easy on the disinfectant Bob.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177
Old 24 Apr 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3972569)   #1386
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Far from perfect? Yes

Bob
"Donald tells it like it is."

Certainly not Bob, the man is a habitual liar, this has been proven often enough.

RuE
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3972573)   #1387
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not disagreeing with you but when people use the term "habitual liar" as many do with Boris, they never actually produce any evidence.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3972576)   #1388
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
42.67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Trumps not a businessman . . .he's an imbecilic chancer squandering his fathers fortune.

Just my opinion of course
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3972577)   #1389
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Trumps not a businessman . . .he's an imbecilic chancer squandering his fathers fortune.
Far more accurate and supportable. But sadly the opposition was just as chancy but less "legal" remember the e mails on defence dept systems?
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3972579)   #1390
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sadly can't leave his ego on the side for one minute during a pandemic
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:30 (Ref:3972582)   #1391
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
42.67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Just my opinion of course
I am with Joe. But what that says about the opposition and the state of US politics, god only knows.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:42 (Ref:3972586)   #1392
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not disagreeing with you but when people use the term "habitual liar" as many do with Boris, they never actually produce any evidence.
With Trump it's all researchable. Look up his Tweets, listen to his speeches, you'll see when he changes his story. Then says "no I never said that". So "habitual liar" can be laid at his feet.

With Johnson, we could start with the biggest one literally and figuratively - "£350m per week for the NHS" written in 3 feet tall letters on the side of a bus. Then go on to the little lies to his families "of course I love you. No there's no-one else." That's without bothering to Google it.

Not trying to be politcial here, just answering your question. In every case both parties can probably weasel their way out of it by saying "this was a general principle, not a promise." Or "well you're taking what I said the wrong way," but both got electoral victories on these stories, and were quite happy to go along with the general public when they accepted them at face value.

Does that make them any worse than any other politician ever? Probably not TBH, but the world of 2020 is very different to the world I grew up in so it matters a lot more when manifesto promises aren't kept.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3972587)   #1393
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Bob
"Donald tells it like it is."

Certainly not Bob, the man is a habitual liar, this has been proven often enough.

RuE
Certainly, however, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Donald Trump is just a plain ordinary liar, whereas Obama, the Clintons, Biden, etc, etc are professional liars the difference between you RuE as a racing driver and Sebastien Vettel. Different categories entirely.

I am not defending President Trump, just comparing him with the alternatives, and for my money I prefer his style of lying to the other.

I also would make the point that he is the choice of the American people, and I have friends in the US, and would not wish to question their choice of leader.

Like Boris Johnson, once the Media take against you the public will follow, so given a choice between Corbyn or Johnson the country chose wisely. Boris may not be perfect, but he is probably the best we could have hoped for.

Never mind the rest of you are entitled to be wrong. (Do read below)
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3972588)   #1394
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
With Trump it's all researchable. Look up his Tweets, listen to his speeches, you'll see when he changes his story. Then says "no I never said that". So "habitual liar" can be laid at his feet.

With Johnson, we could start with the biggest one literally and figuratively - "£350m per week for the NHS" written in 3 feet tall letters on the side of a bus. Then go on to the little lies to his families "of course I love you. No there's no-one else." That's without bothering to Google it.

Not trying to be politcial here, just answering your question. In every case both parties can probably weasel their way out of it by saying "this was a general principle, not a promise." Or "well you're taking what I said the wrong way," but both got electoral victories on these stories, and were quite happy to go along with the general public when they accepted them at face value.

Does that make them any worse than any other politician ever? Probably not TBH, but the world of 2020 is very different to the world I grew up in so it matters a lot more when manifesto promises aren't kept.
In answer to the £350m thing.

https://order-order.com/2019/07/04/j...-gross-figure/

I'm struggling to find the case reports but this was covered by some of the MSM.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3972592)   #1395
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
In answer to the £350m thing.

https://order-order.com/2019/07/04/j...-gross-figure/

I'm struggling to find the case reports but this was covered by some of the MSM.
Oh! I think we can readily ignore that Peter
Old 24 Apr 2020, 09:07 (Ref:3972593)   #1396
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The majority of the MSM is very left wing . And when the NBC in America faked up a video of Trump saying that Coronavirus is a hoax , nearly all of the other news media went along with it .
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...ronavirus-hoax

Hopefully NBC will be prosecuted for that blatant piece of propaganda , [ I have heard it might cost them hundreds of millions of dollars ] , but will it stop the rest of the media attacking him , I doubt it .
Old 24 Apr 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3972603)   #1397
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
When even Fox News won’t defend Trump for his response to the pandemic, maybe the media aren’t the problem
Old 24 Apr 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3972607)   #1398
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
When even Fox News won’t defend Trump for his response to the pandemic, maybe the media aren’t the problem
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-l...-united-states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dan...virus-response

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watc...en-82238533853

Just a few of them .
But no doubt that CNN & others will still say that even Fox is against Trump .
Old 24 Apr 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3972622)   #1399
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
C'est absolument correct, mon cher Andy. But look if you apply évolution de l'espèce theory to those people it means more everything, right? Can't imagine them being more selfish, stupid and ignorant! Well thinking about it, probably it started already, putting us way ahead the others…
But being out in the sun is apparently a good thing for avoiding or treating viruses. As is getting some exercise. And it has long been reported that air in a house or apartment is usually far less good for people than being outside. Even in cities.
So what is one to do?

How does one try to manage the population's mental health? Is that even possible?

Given that it is only just becoming apparent to the public that the medical world is still trying to understand this virus (or maybe these viruses?) and devise suitable treatment regimes it is hardly surprising that people may seek some personal, socially distanced (most of the time) relief from containment may be as valuable as perpetual isolation.

If one can queue for extended periods at a shop in order to buy food is it really so bad to head out to open spaces for some exercise?

Then there is this.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...order-11977789

Apparently using the CPAP style ventilators, as per the "F1" teams proposed developments as I recall though they were dismissed as "the wrong kind of ventilator" at the time, seems to work very well if applied early enough to those who need breathing help. It also avoids killing about 2/3rds of the people who were intubated with the other "correct" type of ventilator that were apparently in such desperate short supply. Reportedly.

One might discover, at some future point, something closer to what we like to call "the truth" behind all of these stories and the events that led to them.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3972624)   #1400
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:

I also would make the point that he is the choice of the American people, and I have friends in the US, and would not wish to question their choice of leader.
Trump actually lost the popular vote in Nov 2016 by 2.8 million votes to Clinton, but won the election because of the distribution of those votes and the election college system in the US.

The “loss” was the biggest margin in US Presidential election history.

Source: The Independent, 12 Dec 2016.