Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2588057)   #101
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
so Speedy can have 3 LMP2 entries?
No. But one might think there would be favorable feelings if there was, say, a Sebah Racing petition for entry. (?)

L.P.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2589023)   #102
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
so Speedy can have 3 LMP2 entries?
Well , you can hardly award entries and then say ..... your limited to two chassis when the entries were won in fair play .

I reckon we will see an all female LMP2 from Sebah .

And possibily a Pug/Fernandez/Pescarolo with a full Sambrero crew too !!!
Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2589024)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
No. But one might think there would be favorable feelings if there was, say, a Sebah Racing petition for entry. (?)

L.P.
"NO" ..... and why not ? I know the rule says that you are limited to two cars per team , but one may also argue that the free entries were won on the track , and are valid , or not ?

Plus they are on the Le Mans released entry .

I thought they were changing to P1 anyway ?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2589068)   #104
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Last year at Le mans they did state they wanted to move to P1 only but there success with the p2 class will I am sure make then enter at least 1 p2 car.

With Sponsership funds not exactly flowing abundantly around motor racing at the moment I think 2 cars is all that sepah will be able to run, 3 cars would also mean the team would spread out even more.

Whatever they choose to do after last years welcome on our visit to the pits the team will get my full support.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2589386)   #105
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
"NO" ..... and why not ? I know the rule says that you are limited to two cars per team , but one may also argue that the free entries were won on the track , and are valid , or not ?

Plus they are on the Le Mans released entry .

I thought they were changing to P1 anyway ?
NO!... Because of SSR Art.# 3.4.1 (remarks) b/ at the bottom of page six, and Art.# 3.4.2 b/ at the top of page seven Here

L.P.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2590208)   #106
The Badger
Veteran

2009 MICHELIN GREEN X CHALLENGE
The winner of the Challenge over the whole of the 2009 Le Mans Series is automatically selected.
LM P2 RACING TEAM SEBAH (Lola-Judd)

2009 LE MANS SERIES
The first two in each category are automatically selected. Only one entrant has been selected in LM GT1 as the Larbre Competition Saleen did not race in the whole series.
LM P1 : ASTON MARTIN RACING (Lola-Aston Martin B 09/60)
LM P1 : PESCAROLO SPORT (Pescarolo-Judd)
LM P2 : QUIFEL ASM TEAM (Ginetta-Zytek)
LM P2 RACING TEAM SEBAH (Lola Judd)
LM GT1 : LUC ALPHAND AVENTURES (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT2 : TEAM FELBERMAYER-PROTON (Porsche 911 GT3 RSR)
LM GT2 : JMW MOTORSPORT (Ferrari F 430 GT)

2009 24 HEURES DU MANS
The first two in each category are automatically selected.
LM P1 : PEUGEOT SPORT TOTAL (Peugeot 908 HDI-FAP)
LM P1 : TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL (Peugeot 908 HDI-FAP)
LM P2 : TEAM ESSEX (Porsche RS Spyder)
LM P2 : SPEEDY RACING SEBAH (Lola Judd)
LM GT1 : CORVETTE RACING (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT1 : LUC ALPHAND AVENTURES (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT2 : RISI COMPETIZIONE (Ferrari F 430 GT)
LM GT2 : BMS SCUDERIA ITALIA (Ferrari F 430 GT)

There seems to be some confusion as there are clearly 3 entries for the Speedy banner , and no mention of the fact that a team is limited to two entries .

But you know how Le Mans can bend a rule too .

Ive just noticed that the team is has two differant names . Racing team Sebah , and Speedy Racing |Team Sebah ..... so they can have 3 entries if they have 3 cars , or probably a misprint .
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2590296)   #107
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very nice to see Speedy Sebah earn 3 entries. Usually this the domain of Audi, P&M etc. Even if they don't take all 3 it's still a great accomplishment.

If Audi and Peugeot can have 3 works entries under there North america or Peugeots way of swapping the words around respectively then its only fair.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2590321)   #108
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speedy/Sebah may also be able to sell that banner to someone else who wants to have an entry at LM (even a 2nd entry?) and doesn't get accepted. That's hardly a rare practice and, for the benefit of Sebah's program, could generate a little extra cash flow, essentially for free.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2590833)   #109
The Badger
Veteran

I tell ya something , I reckon 4 of the auto entries will be taken up .

(1) Speedy Sebah Lola/Judd
(2) Speedy Sebah Lola/Judd
(3) Oak Racing Pescarolo/Mazda
(4) ASM Quifel Zytek

I also reckon that Highcroft will definatly get in , they are hardly going to turn away the ALMS champ and Honda .

I also reckon on 10 to 12 in LMP2 ..... Who do ye lot think deserves the 7 places left , presuming there is 12 slots ?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 01:32 (Ref:2592615)   #110
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You may be right, assuming that Speedy don't take that 3rd entry to sell/rent to another party. I assume the restrictions on P2 lineups for the 2010 LMS will not apply to LM? That could affect the look of the grid somewhat; there were a few P2 entries with all-pro lineups this year.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2592931)   #111
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sebastien Loeb at a pug's wheel at Le Mans 2010? http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3018.html
Some sessions were scheduled in the year to prepare his possible entry in 2010.
They will both decide in the end of february.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2592942)   #112
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Sebastien Loeb at a pug's wheel at Le Mans 2010? http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3018.html
Some sessions were scheduled in the year to prepare his possible entry in 2010.
They will both decide in the end of february.
Good news for the ACO if it happens (more French visitors and more euros!).
Old 2 Dec 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2593029)   #113
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3016.html

A big Step for Speedy Racing Team Sebah .Wishing the new Team all the best for 2010!!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2593090)   #114
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So 2 good news for next year!!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2593097)   #115
The Badger
Veteran

Now , what happens to their 3 Le Mans LM P2 entries ?

I reckon they will enter an all female car in P2 ?

What is the point of rebadging an engine for one year , bet that costs a few pence .

Anyone know if they are using last years P1 and updated P2 for 2010 , or are they new build chassis ?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2593125)   #116
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Autosport's Loeb story: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80406
Old 3 Dec 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2593169)   #117
The Badger
Veteran

Well, I guess that the news that AMR will be back in the LMS with two Lola chassis will translate into a Le Mans entry . They have one free entry already . Will one of the chassis be Primats chassis ?

Any idea if the Gulf sponsorship will be in place again ? I just remember something about "Multiple" years of sponsorship , but did that end last year ?

I must admit I always had a feeling that AMR would be there , and Im happy to see that they are .
Old 3 Dec 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2593172)   #118
The Badger
Veteran

What will JLOC turn up with at Le Mans , as their 2009 car wont be legal in 2010 .
Old 3 Dec 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2593199)   #119
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Now , what happens to their 3 Le Mans LM P2 entries ?

I reckon they will enter an all female car in P2 ?
Did you read the piece at the link?
Quote:
This means the team will invest it’s energy entirely in the top category: Even though it has three automatic invites to Le Mans, the team will not continue in LMP2 and will instead take the fight to LMP1 with two Lola coupes.

L.P.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2593272)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I think the fact that the Speedy LMP1 will no longer use the AMR engine, name only, will reduce the level of british support for the team and there is no guarantee they will get any LMP1 entries, there are quite a few teams that will be in frount of them in the order and the ACO do like to be generous to the factory teams.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2593468)   #121
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I think they will have no problem with being granted 2 P-1 entries!

L.P.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2594430)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. I'd be amazed if they were turned away.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2594805)   #123
The Badger
Veteran

Im amazed Larbre is tuened away after getting 2nd in the LMS .

I guess the ACO suit themselves , so nothing really ever surprises me with their decission making . But I also reckon we will see 2 from Speedy , especially taking into consideration that they had 3 waivers , good .

Hope to see that Dome again , and that EE . They were the nicest looking coupe , to me .
Old 7 Dec 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2595207)   #124
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Im amazed Larbre is tuened away after getting 2nd in the LMS .
I'm amazed too, they are a French team but in all seriousness if they dont get an invite this year then I would thinking that maybe there is politics between the team and the ACO?

Speedy will get at least one P1 entry-if not two, throw in the auto invites (yeah they are for P2 but still) and they certainly deserve it.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2595295)   #125
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
"maybe there is politics between the team and the ACO?"

Yup
Closed Thread