Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Sep 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1412959)   #1
matchfacts
Rookie

matchfacts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch advice request

Hi,

I've never been to Brands Hatch before and was hoping someone could help with a couple of queries.

Firstly, I was hoping someone could confirm that the Grandstands aren't covered - looks like Sunday's due to be wet at the moment!

Secondly, does anyone know the cost of parking or whether there are any recommended options for easy access to the circuit from Dartford Bridge area.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1412979)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
going to move this into trackside, but first...

yes, the grandstands won't be covered. bring a mac or at least a binbag!

parking will (should, always has been) free, and the easiest way to the circuit is to follow the signs from the m25. it's the junction after the m20, for the a20. again, just join the traffic and/or follow the signposts. it's very well labelled.

the msv website should give you some details on how to get to the track too
Old 21 Sep 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1412999)   #3
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With english weather as unpredictable as it is why dont circuits have covered stands as standard. its not fun getting soaked all day, but we have to put up with it! I hope it doesnt rain sunday, the last 2 meetings i have attended have not been a pleasant experience due to the weather.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1413060)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen any details of a bus service?
Old 21 Sep 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1413070)   #5
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would be the best sort of time to arrive? I'm in the Grandstand so don't need to get there ridiculously early to get a good view. However, I'd like to get there early enough so I'm not sitting in traffic for ages...
Old 21 Sep 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1413085)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy
What would be the best sort of time to arrive? ...
I'd advise as ealy as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
With english weather as unpredictable as it is why dont circuits have covered stands as standard. its not fun getting soaked all day, but we have to put up with it! I hope it doesnt rain sunday, the last 2 meetings i have attended have not been a pleasant experience due to the weather.
I agree, but (IIRC) covered seating involves more expensive planning permits.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1413094)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
very very unlikely to be a bus service to and from the station or anything like that.

i'd aim for arriving in time for the first track action on the sunday morning, and allow extra time for traffic (eg my journey is 1hr30, i'd allow an extra half hour for traffic). then you can snooze in the car if you get there too early.

crowd estimates aren't too high, but i'd be wary of arriving any later than 10am.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1413201)   #8
Ingsy
Racer

Ok nice on, thanks for the tips
Old 21 Sep 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1413229)   #9
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Anyone seen any details of a bus service?
Buses near Brands Hatch? That is a joke. We get one bus out and one in a day.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1413246)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
Buses near Brands Hatch? That is a joke. We get one bus out and one in a day.
Yes,but they used to run at least a shuttle from Swanley for major events.Guess its 6 taxi trips for me.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1413260)   #11
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm camping there this weekend. Is there a pub on the campsite, and does it serve food? It doesn't matter too much about the food but beers important!
Old 21 Sep 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1413264)   #12
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
I'm camping there this weekend. Is there a pub on the campsite, and does it serve food? It doesn't matter too much about the food but beers important!
There is the Kentagon at Paddock Hill Bend which does beer and food. There is also Hailwoods at the bottom of Paddock which does the same
Old 21 Sep 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1413333)   #13
Ingsy
Racer

Probably a stupid question, but I want to check as I've never been to BH before to watch an event. But I assume you can leave and go back in if you need to? Only with the weather being uncertain, I don't really want to be carrying around an umbrella all day if I don't need to

Ta.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1413346)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
There is the Kentagon at Paddock Hill Bend which does beer and food. There is also Hailwoods at the bottom of Paddock which does the same
Thankyou! My Dad said there was a pub about 20 years ago when he travelled with my Uncle when he raced Formula Fords, but he says it may have changed and it has. There are 2 pubs!

Thanks again for the info.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1413347)   #15
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Thankyou! My Dad said there was a pub about 20 years ago when he travelled with my Uncle when he raced Formula Fords, but he says it may have changed and it has. There are 2 pubs!

Thanks again for the info.
Ther are also three pubs within walking (staggering) distance of the circuit, The Gamecock and Portabello in West Kingsdown and the Rising Sun in Fawkham. The Rising Sun is the best and also does great meals. The Brands Hatch staff marshals use this pub
Old 21 Sep 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1413353)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Ingsy, shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you get a pass-out to get back in. Might be a bit of a trek back to the car though.

According to the local news Brands are expecting 50,000 people on race day. Expect a big traffic queue to get in and long wait to get out of the car park.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1413403)   #17
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't remind me, last time i went to brands was the btcc/cart in 2003, took ages to get out of there and onto the M25...
Sunday's gonna be even worse
Old 21 Sep 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1413409)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think it took me any time at all for the cart, if you wait for a while then it's fine.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1413679)   #19
Ingsy
Racer

Ok, thanks for the info
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1413897)   #20
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supposed to be a big crowd, bigger than for the world superbikes I've heard, so my advice is get there very early, particularly if you don't have a seat reserved.

I'm not going now, I couldn't get accredited, so I can't be bothered with all the hassle, I'm going elsewhere!
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1413907)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where are you going instead Mike?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1413915)   #22
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I am probably going to Snetterton on Sunday, as my dad wants to go. He's got a friend that's into VWs.

I might also go to Cadwell on Saturday, IF I can be bothered to get up...
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1413928)   #23
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come to Cadwell. It'll be great!

If I'd known sooner I could have sent you to Croft or Pembrey
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1413936)   #24
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Hehe, you could have, but I would have said no...

Well maybe not, I've got the weekend off after all.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1414233)   #25
Wolffang
Rookie

United Kingdom
Watford
Wolffang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parking Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i'd aim for arriving in time for the first track action on the sunday morning, and allow extra time for traffic (eg my journey is 1hr30, i'd allow an extra half hour for traffic). then you can snooze in the car if you get there too early.

crowd estimates aren't too high, but i'd be wary of arriving any later than 10am.
Parking Maps are available on the MSV website

Crowd Estimates ARE LIKELY TO BE HIGH... A1 has out sold Advanced World Superbike ticket sales!