Old 23 Jan 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1507101)   #1
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Beeny-like should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to this - seeking training

Hi all.

I am not entirely a newbie (cut my teeth on the final 3 Silverstone meetings last season - yes, did get totally washed out/nearly drowned at the Walter Hayes Trophy!) but am about to embark on my first full season. Must be crazy but have volunteered for some 30 days or so.

I have all the gear now - thanks to a very precise Christmas wishlist - and am raring to go!

I am a member of BRDC Marshals Club and understand their training is Sat/Sun 11/12 Feb. Does anyone know how I enrol (unlike BMMC there is no online form etc. and it got no mention on the '06 volunteering form - I did email Pam Dearn but guess she is inundated with membership renewals etc. at present).

Looking forward to meeting you all again (or for the first time).

Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1507142)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Donna, I am also a BRDCMC member. As of yet there hasn't been any details through about a training day and I had heard that there wouldn't be one run this year, however I may be wrong.

You have also just reminded me that I need to send of my volunteering form and also my new overalls form!!

Look forward to seeing you out and about!
Old 23 Jan 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1507146)   #3
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Thanks for my very first reply Chezza!

If BRDCMC isn't providing any training this year, am I able to attend someone else's?

I.e. BMMC is hosting theirs early Feb and it's only one junction up the M40 from me - ideal!. Would I have to join BMMC as well in order to do this?

Any info' will be much appreciated, thanks.

Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 10:50 (Ref:1507160)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Donna and welcome to the world of marshalling and ten-tenths. No, you do not have to be a member of the BMMC to attend the training day. Contact your local guys and they will give you all the help you need. For contact details in your area go to our website www.marshals.co.uk

Stephen Green
National P.R.O.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1507208)   #5
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Thanks Stephen.

I will contact BMMC immediately.

Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1507434)   #6
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Donna, your not a million miles away from Combe, the training day there is Sunday 12th March (signing on 8.00am) You would be more than Welcome to join us.
Lee
Old 23 Jan 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1507448)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeny-like
I am a member of BRDC Marshals Club and understand their training is Sat/Sun 11/12 Feb. Does anyone know how I enrol (unlike BMMC there is no online form etc. and it got no mention on the '06 volunteering form -

One reason why you should have joined the BMMC!
Old 23 Jan 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1507451)   #8
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beeny-Like

Check out the thread a bit further down the page about South-Mids area training day, not a million miles away and Karts to play with!

Welcome to 10/10ths
Al
Old 23 Jan 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1507461)   #9
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Donna,

Lee has a very good point about Castle Combe. It's where I started and every year they put on a very good training day. They are particularly good at introducing new people into the game and you do leave the day enthused about getting into your new hobby.

If you think you could make it down, please PM me and I'll reply with details of the Cheif Marshal, who will be only to happy to get you sorted and ready to sign on.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1507470)   #10
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
LOL, get a Girl On here and everyone starts fighting over her!!!!!
Were Harmless, Mostly!!
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1507482)   #11
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
LOL, get a Girl On here and everyone starts fighting over her!!!!!
Were Harmless, Mostly!!
I'll ask Sheila to sort you out with her broomstick

Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1507500)   #12
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Bring it on!!!!
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1507508)   #13
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Hi Donna, your not a million miles away from Combe, the training day there is Sunday 12th March (signing on 8.00am) You would be more than Welcome to join us.
Lee
Many thanks for the invitation - if BMMC can't accommodate me in Bicester on Feb 12 (only 16 miles from home) I may well have to get up earlier and make my way the extra 60 miles to Combe!

Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1507515)   #14
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Donna,

Lee has a very good point about Castle Combe. It's where I started and every year they put on a very good training day. They are particularly good at introducing new people into the game and you do leave the day enthused about getting into your new hobby.

If you think you could make it down, please PM me and I'll reply with details of the Cheif Marshal, who will be only to happy to get you sorted and ready to sign on.
If I am unable to join in with BMMC locally (i.e. Bicester/16 miles from my front door) I will PM you for the above-mentioned. Thanks for your help.
Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1507519)   #15
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Donna

I am one of the "presenters" at the BMMC S Mids training day, and know Clive and the team would love to see you there! Send him a PM and he'll be able to advise you further (and that goes for anyone else now interested!).

Note the venue has had to be changed (same date though) from Bicester to Shenington kart circuit, near Banbury, and karts might be available during the day ...............!!!!!

See you there

Steve
Old 23 Jan 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1507523)   #16
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Hi Donna

I am one of the "presenters" at the BMMC S Mids training day, and know Clive and the team would love to see you there! Send him a PM and he'll be able to advise you further (and that goes for anyone else now interested!).

Note the venue has had to be changed (same date though) from Bicester to Shenington kart circuit, near Banbury, and karts might be available during the day ...............!!!!!

See you there

Steve
EXCELLENT - I'll PM Clive now, thanks.
What a friendly bunch ... maybe I should have joined BMMC after all!
Donna
Old 23 Jan 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1507527)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Its never too late!

info@bmmc.org.uk and speak to Sue Whitlock
Old 23 Jan 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1507528)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Commission?