Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3953896)   #501
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Dear NBC Sports: I promise to sign up for a year of trackpass if you will get rid of Paul Tracy. (PLEASE!)
Sadly, I feel PT isn't the worst thing about their coverage...

https://twitter.com/MotorsportsNBC/s...45797365063682
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3953897)   #502
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Congrats to WTR. Congrats to RLL #24BMW, a GT car with its engine in approximately original location...
Unlike Porsche and their bs mid engine 911 Cheater car....BMW wins baby!!!!!
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3953898)   #503
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was fun, cheers everyone
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:08 (Ref:3953899)   #504
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Vanthoor say?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3953902)   #505
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I missed most of the race, but kept up with the timing. I tuned in for the last few hours and the nbc crew were praising wtr because it was a sure thing Dixon was going to finish the #10 because Kobayashi makes mistakes. According to them Dixon is mr. cool under pressure while Kobayashi is a hot-head Turns out they were wrong and Koby stayed in the car, extended the lead and brought home the win. Good for them. I wanted Mazda but they didn't catch fire! Coming 2nd isn't bad considering they have never been there at the end to contend so far in dpi. Big bmw taking the win was nice to see too. They're not just a meme and they proved it again today.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3953905)   #506
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Saw that car debut at D, long ago.

Was hoping for Mazda success today.
I think Mazda had success today, both cars finished a 24 hour race and one placed 2nd!

This season should be good again with all three brands likely to be in contention every race.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3953909)   #507
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I missed most of the race, but kept up with the timing. I tuned in for the last few hours and the nbc crew were praising wtr because it was a sure thing Dixon was going to finish the #10 because Kobayashi makes mistakes. According to them Dixon is mr. cool under pressure while Kobayashi is a hot-head Turns out they were wrong and Koby stayed in the car, extended the lead and brought home the win. Good for them. I wanted Mazda but they didn't catch fire! Coming 2nd isn't bad considering they have never been there at the end to contend so far in dpi. Big bmw taking the win was nice to see too. They're not just a meme and they proved it again today.

It's clear that the NBC crew on air at that moment either don't watch or don't care about the WEC. Ironically current IMSA classes outside of GTD owe their lives to the ACO and the WEC, and IMSA and the ACO announced on Friday that they agree in principal on the future route that LMP1 Hypercar and DPI 2.0 will take.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3953912)   #508
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think Mazda had success today, both cars finished a 24 hour race and one placed 2nd!

This season should be good again with all three brands likely to be in contention every race.
I only care about wins!

(I did not intend to slight their performance today. They dun good. Those RX3s were not class winners years ago, but they lead the way for the RX7s to follow)
Old 26 Jan 2020, 21:25 (Ref:3953917)   #509
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He’s probably the best driver in sportscars atm
Old 26 Jan 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3953918)   #510
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t know if he is the best, certainly he’s extending his career that could have ended earlier
Old 26 Jan 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3953923)   #511
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t know if he is the best, certainly he’s extending his career that could have ended earlier
Maybe not the best all around but certainly top 3 in the speed category. He pulled out a big gap in a big stint.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3953926)   #512
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Such an awesome event. Fantastic facility, great fans, lovely weather. I’m exhausted awaiting a mentally busy flight home from Orlando. The usual 4000 or so photos to sort through.

All endurance fans should go to this event once. Le Mans is incredible, but going to it 30+ years on the bounce while never seeing Daytona, Nürburgring, Spa or Sebring means missing out on a lot, IMHO of course 🙂.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 23:00 (Ref:3953927)   #513
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
There’s a lot of bleary-eyed blokes on this flight 🤔🙂
Old 26 Jan 2020, 23:19 (Ref:3953929)   #514
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe they’ve had more than their fair share. Same time next year?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 04:16 (Ref:3953943)   #515
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
What did Vanthoor say?
Yeh Hindy didn't seem too impressed but I never really listened when Laurens was talking. So what did he say?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3953962)   #516
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Yeh Hindy didn't seem too impressed but I never really listened when Laurens was talking. So what did he say?
He swore a couple of times that's all.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3954028)   #517
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our local paper had a half page article about the race this morning. I have never seen that before. The focus was on WTR success and having this be the first race without one of Wayne's kids on the team in a long time. They also said who won all the other classes, and touched on the outside sportscar racing drivers who had success.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3954030)   #518
S griffin
Veteran

That does seem unprecedented coverage. Must have been a good one. Certainly WTR deserve this coverage after that result, especially as it was done in style. But above all else this race deserves the coverage
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3954061)   #519
TF110
Veteran

United States
I feel like the 7 Acura would have been a closer player in the later stages had they not gotten smacked by the 55.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3954066)   #520
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
I feel like the 7 Acura would have been a closer player in the later stages had they not gotten smacked by the 55.
Hard to speculate since that was so early. Who knows what could have happened later. That car was snake bitten for the whole week.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3954071)   #521
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Our local paper had a half page article about the race this morning. I have never seen that before. The focus was on WTR success and having this be the first race without one of Wayne's kids on the team in a long time. They also said who won all the other classes, and touched on the outside sportscar racing drivers who had success.
Any mentioning of Kyle Busch? That seemed to be the biggest story in the final hour for NBC...
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3954072)   #522
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Any mentioning of Kyle Busch? That seemed to be the biggest story in the final hour for NBC...
half a sentence, also mentioned the indycar stars
Old 27 Jan 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3954081)   #523
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mazda's take on the race: https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/...tory-for-mazda

They were happy .
Old 27 Jan 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3954094)   #524
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Mazda's take on the race: https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/...tory-for-mazda

They were happy .
First time they haven't had a double retirement! Watch a double engine failure in the first few hours of Sebring after their Daytona success
Old 27 Jan 2020, 23:04 (Ref:3954121)   #525
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
First time they haven't had a double retirement! Watch a double engine failure in the first few hours of Sebring after their Daytona success
On the warm up lap. Then zoom-boom