Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Jul 2001, 01:13 (Ref:112767)   #1
kycartfan
Rookie

kycartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rookie here

Just wanted to say hi to all as I just found this site and forum.
I really enjoy discussions on CART, but have become dismayed by all the doom and gloom on another forum.
BTW, found this via the pitwall at the Mid-Ohio web site.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 02:20 (Ref:112780)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome! Feel free to post at will - and you're welcome to join our Champ Car Grid if you want to; 42 teams so far, but always room for one more.

Who's your favourite driver and team?
Old 4 Jul 2001, 04:06 (Ref:112791)   #3
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome aboard, Does kycartfan mean you are from Kentucky? I just relocated to Kentucky, Lexington to be exact, about two weeks ago.

Anyway, there sure is a lot of gloom and doom talk surrounding CART these days, but Joe Heitzler just gave a very positive press conference in Cleveland, I believe that there is hope for the future of CART, including maintaining it's diversity and continuing it's exponsion.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 07:38 (Ref:112835)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Hey there kycartfan. I've just found this forum myself, and am really enjoying it so far. (My first forum of any kind).

What's the story about the Champ Car Grid? And how do you join?
Old 4 Jul 2001, 11:16 (Ref:112881)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's how the Champ Car Grid works:

THE RULES

Each Team Principal must choose two pilots, one chassis, one engine, and a name for his or her team, and post it on the IndyCar Forum, ideally before the Champ Car season starts, but entries will be accepted all season. Each Team Principal may race only one team. Each team may name a Press Officer (spin-doctor) for the purpose of bragging, apologizing or making excuse, as circumstances warrant. The best Press Releases will be published, but all may be posted on the Forum at any time. Teams may also name a Primary Sponsor and Pit Babe (male or female). Other team officials may also be named but will not be listed on the Team's official Grid Certification.

Points will be awarded the same as in the Champ Car races themselves, which is for finishing first to twelfth and an extra point for Pole and fastest lap.

In addition:

1. One "hard charger" point will be awarded for each place made up on the grid from the position your pilot qualified in (as long as he finishes the race).

2. One point will be awarded to a team if both cars finish in the top five.

3. The first car to retire will lose one point

4. Two points will be lost if both cars or both pilots retire. Five points will be lost if the two cars on a team retire due to the pilots hitting each other.

5. Ten points will be awarded if your pilot wins the Championship.

Points will be tabulated following each Champ Car race, and posted on the IndyCar site; Standings will be posted weekly in the Newsletter.

Prize to be named later - possibly a 10-Tenths cap or Champ Car season highlight video (we are open to suggestions) will be awarded at the end of the season.

The grid is filling up, but there is always room for another good team - so:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: START YOUR TEAMS!

AMENDMENT NO. 1

1. Teams will be allowed to name a third pilot if they wish, provided they can obtain funding.

2. However, only the top two finishing pilots on a team will be counted for points in any race. (If one of your pilots does not finish, the other two will be counted.)

3. Should one of a Team's three pilots be the first one to retire, two points shall be deducted from the Team Score even though there are 2 Team pilots still in play.

4. Should all three pilots on a team retire, seven points shall be deducted.

5. Should all three pilots on a Team finish on the podium, five points shall be awarded.

6. There shall be no extra allowance for handbags or headache potions for teams electing to run three pilots.

AMENDMENT NO. 2

1. After some work on the spreadsheets for the 2001 Racing Season, it was realised that no rules had been made regarding points for cars and engines. Therefore, it is proposed that these categories be scored at the end of the season, with points being awarded according to the finishing of the engine and chassis manufacturers in the Constructors' Championship, e.g. 10 points for a top finish, 5 for a second place finish and 2 for a third place finish. Suggestions are solicited if this doesn't suit the membership.

2. Suggestions will be considered regarding whether or not to give points for Nations Cup finishes.

3. All Changes in Pilot, Engine and Chassis for each team must be completed by March 1. This will enable the Race Commissioner to get the spreadsheets finished before the season starts. Any teams added after the season begins will be permitted no changes in any points paying positions.

====================

So, if you want to join up, let me know.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 15:11 (Ref:112982)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths kycartfan and macdaddy...you say this is your first forum macdaddy ..mine to ..no need to look for any others as ten tenths has it all

hope you enjoy yourselves here.

CHEERS
The friendly nutcase from downunder
Old 5 Jul 2001, 09:42 (Ref:113282)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome kycartfan and macdaddy. I didn't know my old man was on this forum.

I too came late for this season. I'm going to start my operation next year. At the moment I'm in negotiations with a few sponsors and engine manufacturers, as well as a couple of drivers. Can't let too many rumours go here, but don't be too surprised to see a certain Z-Man in a Mac Racing entry next year.

Have fun here.

Another nutcase from downunder.