Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2003, 19:37 (Ref:520738)   #1
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Synchro Confirms Touring Class Entry

Just seen this. Good news.

http://www.btccpages.com/news/030228synchro.php
Old 28 Feb 2003, 20:29 (Ref:520784)   #2
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James will be good in the Touring Civic Type-R. He will make it interesting in the Indy Cup.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 21:27 (Ref:520838)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Great news! Will be interesting to see how the real Honda Works team goes up against the Honda works team!
Old 28 Feb 2003, 21:58 (Ref:520861)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everything seem's to be falling into place now. If we've got James in the Honda, Gavin Pyper and Rob Collard in Astra's then I'm 100% positive the Indie cup will be very entertaining.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 22:10 (Ref:520873)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not forgetting the second GAM Astra, and the two Halfords Pugs.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 00:59 (Ref:521019)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All depends who's in them though. Those three above were great in the Production class (let's hope there's no banning this year!)
Old 1 Mar 2003, 02:36 (Ref:521068)   #7
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It say's that MG are planning on announcing a 3 car team for Warren Hughes, Anthony Reid and Colin Turkington, should be a fairly strong line up, as well as another car for the "cup" I assume they mean the independents cup, so maybe Gareth Howell?

It also says that Vic Lee has yet to reveal plans for this season, but I read in last weeks Autosport that they might run 2 or 3 touring class Pug 307's but have their 406's as back up if the 307's aren't ready and that Tim Harve is unlikely to be driving for them this year, so since Tom Boardman is being linked to driving a VLR built proddy 307, maybe if VLR enter touring 307's how abt Tom Boardman, Carl Breeze and Dan Eaves?

i'm sorry for going off the specific subject, just referring to the parts of that linked page that was about non syncro motorsport stories.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:15 (Ref:521233)   #8
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a big fan of Tom B in 2001 but thought he totally lost the plot last year. Perhaps we will see a return to form if he get's back into a Pug. It's a shame, coz had he driven better last year we may have seen him in the tourers this year? Damn those wonky BMW wheels. All will be revealed.....
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:39 (Ref:521255)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sadly Tom will not have a nice shiny new Pug to play with - see other topics in the forum.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 15:34 (Ref:521424)   #10
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe MG chose Turkington over Howell for the works drive if thats true. Howell out performed Turkington nearly all season!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 15:40 (Ref:521426)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does that mean that Tim is scaling down form fulltime racing? I guess, if they are really set on running brand new 307s on a Privateer basis (I think they're nuts unless they have serious funding, although Abt Sportsline can do it in the DTM) they'll run as many 307s as they can build, and maybe rent the 406s to pay-drivers so as to fund it. Eaves, Breeze and maybe Buxton to drive?
Old 1 Mar 2003, 21:05 (Ref:521651)   #12
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
I can't believe MG chose Turkington over Howell for the works drive if thats true. Howell out performed Turkington nearly all season!
Don't worry, Howell has said himself that he is in talks with another team so we aint gonna loose him.

Im taking bets that the team is GA. Thats the only team we dont realy know about drivers. Pyper and Howell???
Old 1 Mar 2003, 23:00 (Ref:521780)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
They've both been testing with GA, so anything's possible.