Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2002, 14:27 (Ref:296615)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi!!!

What a race by Giancarlo and DC!

Please... please... Luca... please... buy out Barelyfellow's contract - send him to Jordan for Fisi... Its the only way the tifosi will forgive you...
Old 26 May 2002, 14:28 (Ref:296620)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
It will never happen Inigo, but another good drive by Fisi today!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:29 (Ref:296624)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be great actually. I am not usually a fan of the drivers, more of the cars. However he has really impressed me. Never out done by a teammate. He does deserve a lot better. He took about 12 seconds in 10 laps away from Trulli.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:33 (Ref:296634)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if Trulli was running with a problem, however. But still, fair do's. A pretty good race for Fiss in a difficult car ON BRIDGESTONES.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:20 (Ref:296668)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 good results in a row for Fisi . I would love to see him in a Ferrari in the future . That would give the Tifosi something real to cheer about .
Old 26 May 2002, 15:47 (Ref:296684)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well... If Michael really retires this year, Fisi, along with Nick, are actually some of hte guys i would like to see as a replacement. Or maybe Massa? Or maybe better JPM?

But still, Michael had shown he's very much in the game, i'd rather he stay in Ferrari!
Old 26 May 2002, 21:11 (Ref:296935)   #7
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great result for Fisi scoring some more points for Honda. And the next race is in Montreal where he has done very well in the past.
Old 26 May 2002, 22:02 (Ref:296970)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YAY!!!!!!!!

You go Fisi!
Old 26 May 2002, 23:42 (Ref:297049)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Lets see... Fisi is on a role, Honda is bringing a new motor to Canada, there are new parts coming up for the car. Things may be on the up for Fisi after all. Trulli did not have anything for him. This is the second time that he as been at least as fast as the Renaults. Now if his team mate gets it together the seasons end might just be worth hanging around for.
Old 27 May 2002, 05:58 (Ref:297142)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Took a bit of luck, but Giancarlo was fast all weekend and deserved the two points he earned.

After a shocking start, Fisi and Jordan are on the up. With improvements coming in Canada, who knows what may happen from this point on.
Old 27 May 2002, 06:04 (Ref:297146)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fisichella deserves a car that is in contention for race wins. If we did see this, everyone would see what a great driver he is. How come no team bosses see the true talent?
Old 27 May 2002, 06:58 (Ref:297183)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes...finally proof of what I have been saying for a long time! Fisichella is MEGA Two top five results in two races - now we only need Trulli to do really well and another of my predictions will be proved
Old 27 May 2002, 07:01 (Ref:297185)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paging TGF, paging TGF: 'Get your butt out of the car now. You've had your fun.'

Ferrari, get Fisi in the car now!
Old 27 May 2002, 08:59 (Ref:297233)   #14
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny to see that some people are getting behind Jordan now and can see light at the end of the tunnel. No talk anymore of how superior BAR are??? Whats happening???
Old 27 May 2002, 09:11 (Ref:297244)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
BAR was never superior!

Jordan were just having shocking performances during the races, particularly in the area of reliability. But those woes appear to have subsided and the true performance of the machine - that is, it's better than BAR - is now being shown.
Old 27 May 2002, 15:45 (Ref:297633)   #16
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I belive at the problems Jordan had at the start of the year were mainly engine and reliability related. Whereas BAR had the same engine problems, and also just a slow chassis. Now the engine is getting better the Jordan is able to improve with the engine, but the BAR chassis is currently limiting their performance.

BAR apparently have a major chassis upgrade for Canada. Honda have their major upgrade (which is supposed to bring them to the level they hoped to be at in pre-season testing) and Jordan have a few bits and bobs too. Canada will be the test IMO. I expect both BAR and Jordan to show an improvement that will put Jordan level with Sauber (although Renault will still be ahead I think) and BAR just behind. You have to watch out for Arrows too mind. Those cars are quite quick and the engine's not bad too. Canada is hish speed so Arrows could go well there.
Old 27 May 2002, 16:01 (Ref:297651)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't that what we want, "Competition"?

I'd love to see Honda raise their game. Although I will agree that Jordan still looks more promising than BAR did when Willis made his scathing remarks upon joining, ("There's nothing here that looks like a F1 car").

If Ferrari could see past the disaster that Capelli was in a Ferrari, I think they'd find Fisi was the man for the job.
It would be legendary.
Old 27 May 2002, 16:21 (Ref:297669)   #18
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think most of us agree that Fisi deserves a better seat than the one he's in. Most pundits rate his raw skills on a level with Michaels'. So why not Ferrari? Have they developed a phobia about Italians in their cars? Or might Flavio B. have had something to do with it?

Apparently the new BAR chassis is 80% different from its predecessor. It would be nice for Jacques to get some points at home.
Old 27 May 2002, 16:59 (Ref:297698)   #19
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully with new Honda engine and revised chassis we will have both Honda teams score points in Montreal. G-Carlo has done very well in the past at Canada so things are looking good and maybe Jacques can finally score his first points there since '96.
Old 27 May 2002, 21:21 (Ref:297956)   #20
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Jordan has not had many if any failures because of the motor. If has been a hydrolic problem that they had not fixed till Spain. Supposedly Honda has been giving both teams the same spec motor but the BAR blows up a lot more, especially lately. Things that make you say hmmm.

Hopefully Honda and Jordan do raise their game and finally give GF a car that can win races. If not this year then the next.
Old 27 May 2002, 22:10 (Ref:298011)   #21
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year BAR and Jordan, dispite running the same engine ran a different number of gears. One had 7 and one had 6, I don't remember which. Is it the same this year or are they both now on the same number of ratios?

If their still on different numbers, then that could be an explenation for the dissproportinate rate of blow ups.
Old 27 May 2002, 23:48 (Ref:298049)   #22
Arneal
Racer

Arneal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR was the outfit with a 6 speed gearbox last year. This years unit is a 7 speed.