Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2003, 18:03 (Ref:503565)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
F2003GA smashes record - already!!!

In Italian:
http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/smoto...923746352.html

After a few (58"291) installation laps, everyone was left with mouths open when Schummi smashed the course record with a 57"045 at Fiorano!

And they made the point of saying this was the first run on the newly surfaced track (i.e. not much rubber on the track).

I wonder what Frank and Ron are thinking right now?

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 11 Feb 2003 at 18:05.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 18:26 (Ref:503587)   #2
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Go for the sixth Schumi !!!

Cheers,

RT
Old 11 Feb 2003, 18:29 (Ref:503589)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, this is just testing, but you might remember that in its first run last year the F2002 also smashed the record... And my goodness, flirting with a sub 57 second lap on a freshly surfaced track, when being pushed for the first time???? Surely this car is a missile!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 19:31 (Ref:503633)   #4
xbook
Rookie

xbook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, this time sounded fast. But then I looked up the times from last year's tests around this same time of year. They had just debuted the F2002 at Fiorano, and on Schumacher's second day of tests he ened up with a 0.58.669 lap.

So I think Inigo's presumption that this car will be a missile, is spot on.

Forza Ferrari,
xBook
Old 11 Feb 2003, 19:35 (Ref:503636)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Yes, this is just testing, but you might remember that in its first run last year the F2002 also smashed the record...
The new car always breaks the previous record. Wonder how many more years before it's impossible to break the previous record?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 19:41 (Ref:503641)   #6
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasnt the track shortened or changed a couple of seasons ago, I guess if they want to continue breaking the record revisions to the track will be needed, hmmmm looks into crystal ball....

'hey rubens, ever tested on a oval?'
Old 11 Feb 2003, 19:58 (Ref:503652)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari normally break the lap record each year its true, but I belive the new lap record was around 1.5 seconds faster than the previous one set. FORZA FERRARI!!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 19:59 (Ref:503653)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
The new car always breaks the previous record. Wonder how many more years before it's impossible to break the previous record?
True enough v, and it *should* be able to break previous records based on tyre development alone. But almost sub 57 on the first day? Yikes!

Good question, if Max had his way, noone would be breaking any lap records.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:01 (Ref:503654)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Ferrari normally break the lap record each year its true, but I belive the new lap record was around 1.5 seconds faster than the previous one set. FORZA FERRARI!!
Naw, it was only 4 tenths faster than the best F2002 time (but that was a fully developed car F2002- in July 02)... And I don't think he was pushing that hard...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:06 (Ref:503659)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I meant compared to the Inital F2002 test, but anyway dosent really matter - as long as ferrari and Rubens destroy the field!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:07 (Ref:503662)   #11
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELLO

GO!

Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:08 (Ref:503663)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, it was a 58.6 last year on the first day.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:16 (Ref:503669)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Fast and beautiful - a good combination!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:48 (Ref:503690)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Wonder how many more years before it's impossible to break the previous record?
The ultimate limit will be the track layout itself.

As expected, the new car is fast. Didn't have to smash the track record like that though.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:51 (Ref:503694)   #15
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track was resurfaced? Has the 2002 been run back to back? How much did the surface contribute?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 21:14 (Ref:503711)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Yeah it was resurfaced, but that makes it *slower* because there is no rubber on it...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 22:05 (Ref:503751)   #17
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not necessarily, Inigo. Depends on what the new surface is like, how many bumps were added/subtracted in the process, etc... really need to see some times in the 2002 car to get an idea if the surface is slower or faster...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 22:14 (Ref:503762)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Perhaps shiny... What I meant to say is that Ferrari were claiming (in the gazzetta article) that the track was slower because there was no rubber. Can't wait for the F2002 to F2003 faceoff next weekend!
Old 12 Feb 2003, 00:16 (Ref:503922)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
The ultimate limit will be the track layout itself.

My point being, if they keep the circuit as it is, it will get to the state where it is impossible to go faster, otherwise, if approximatly 50 years, the drivers/cars will be going round the lap in 1 second, hope i'm around to see that!!!
Old 12 Feb 2003, 02:40 (Ref:503988)   #20
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm,i don't take any real notice of the annual ferrari record break.
It allways used to be used as a political thing to ease the pressure on the team from the media-for goodness sake,even irvine broke the record is the horrific '96 model!!!!
Old 12 Feb 2003, 02:56 (Ref:503997)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
So you think this is just politics?
Old 12 Feb 2003, 02:59 (Ref:504002)   #22
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: F2003GA smashes record - already!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

I wonder what Frank and Ron are thinking right now?
don't know what they are thinkin but i'll bet they are on the phone with Max-y about how this is a disgrace to.... something...anything
Old 12 Feb 2003, 03:22 (Ref:504019)   #23
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo to anyone excited by this thread.

Memo to anyone who is excited by this thread:

Go outside. See the sun, the sky, the air. Find a member of the opposite sex. Experience life. Travel abroad. Broaden your horizons.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 04:34 (Ref:504043)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Memo to IAYO. Why did you post on this thread? If it doesn't excite you, then why even open it, and take the time to post in it? Right, so you can show how clever you are

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 12 Feb 2003 at 04:36.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 05:06 (Ref:504051)   #25
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Ingo,no i don't think this one is politics.But it doesn't excite me alot just the same.We KNOW the new ferrari will be good- we can't judge how good by those times