Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2024, 02:36 (Ref:4208082)   #426
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Shoeless Joe Jackson was a strong character in "Field of Dreams" so the name is well-know outside the US due to the international success and standing of the film.

I'm a little surprised at Joe not having heard of a Philly Cheese Steak as it too gets a fair run of mentions in US films of one kind or another but to me, as a non-US resident, Shoeless Joe was a name that I knew and was strongly aware of, having really like the movie, long before I'd heard of a Philly Cheese Steak.

Agree that a Philly Cheese Steak can be OK but like everything in life, there are good and bad examples.
That really surprises me. I would have bet the house that a baseball movie made 30+ years ago would be pretty niche over there. I mean it's a good movie but cheesesteaks are pretty great.

However, an Italian beef sandwich in Chicago CRUSHES the best cheesesteak in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Yep. And airport catering outlets are a pretty good bet of getting the latter, whilst paying something approaching that for a Michelin star dish.
Yes! A Philly cheesesteak, at an airport, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Not ideal. However, I guarantee there is a half-decent Cuban sandwich available there. You gotta do your sandwich research before travelling.

Sorry to keep taking the thread OT so - All this Andretti stuff is weird but I've never been an Andretti fan. I have no control over any of this and feel nothing.
Old Yesterday, 22:03 (Ref:4209899)   #427
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Pat Symonds joins Andretti as a consultant. He should help them to be ready for 2028 & in the meantime, should be able to assist them with saying the right things in their application to be successful.
Old Today, 07:50 (Ref:4209937)   #428
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What are they actually doing at their Silverstone base?
There is no car to run, no developments to plot, no races to attend.. and won’t be for some time yet, if at all..
I’d suggest perhaps their biggest bill is for tea and biscuits?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods