Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2138848)   #1
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 February Nominations

I hope it's no problem that I opened this - and did it a bit "premature" - we still have 2 days from February.

The reason I opened this thread is because I have an idea: I think we would get more votes if the members didn't have to leaf through all the threads that might possibly contain tracks worth nominating. It's too much time.

But. What if I collect all the possible nominees, link them here collectd so all the voters have to do is go thru the links one by one? It would save a lot of time - and I guess I can find the time to do it.

So?
Old 28 Feb 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2140473)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, not many of you seem to be awfully interested

bio
Old 28 Feb 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2140479)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the posts from the Month of February are on the the one "index" page so there aren't actually that many to look through.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 23:39 (Ref:2140485)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
OK.

bio
Old 29 Feb 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2140806)   #5
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have already been looking for good ones, but haven't made up my mind yet...
BTW Bio, witch track do you nominate?

Last edited by werner; 29 Feb 2008 at 12:27.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2140814)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to nominate Alwaysfirst for best overall track, despite the flaws that I mentioned. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103821. If there are more categories, I would also like to nominate it for best edit of a real track.
In that case I would like to nominate Bio's Perth for best graphics http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=102967&page=6 and NickyF1's Benidorm for best street-circuit. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104006

And maybe the dicussion after Perth as 'best discussion' :-)

Last edited by werner; 29 Feb 2008 at 12:37.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2140855)   #7
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Since there seemed to be no problem with SBF's categories for the January nominations, I suggest we go on using them:

Best gmaps/street circuit,

Best Gmaps/Airport/military airbase

Best original single line design in the style of Racing Circuits or etrackson-line website.

Best Original "full Graphics" design

Best initial Challenge

Best Challenge Circuit ( **name**'s version of the ****challenge with link or atleast post number)

Best Modification/Edit of another contibutor's design

Best Modification/Edit of a real world design.

Come to that, I'm not sure that each of these categories have actual stuff to be nominated, if not, let's just leave that particualr category blank

bio
Old 29 Feb 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2140857)   #8
bio
Veteran

Hungary
As far as i can see there was only one challenge this month, a rather obvious choice for the category

bio
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2141065)   #9
bio
Veteran

Hungary
OK, let me start it.

Best gmaps/street circuit
SBF's Stanstead
Thumbnail: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2132814&postcount=1

Best Gmaps/Airport/military airbase
Matt's Midway Airport
Thumbnail: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2133529&postcount=8

Best original single line design
As far as I can see it there was no such design submitted in February.

Best Original "full Graphics" design
werner's Circuit M
Thumbnail: http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1204014123
Comment: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....68&postcount=1

Best initial Challenge
SBF's Challenge of Midway
Thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104182

Best Challenge Circuit
Matt's Midway Airport
Thumbnail: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2133529&postcount=8

Best Modification/Edit of another contibutor's design
werner's edit on bio's Circuit of Perth
Thumbnail: http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1203352799
Comment: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....4&postcount=84

Best Modification/Edit of a real world design.
Alwaysfirst's Buenos Aires Circuit
Thumbnail: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4...res2sn6.th.png
Comment: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103821

bio
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2141066)   #10
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Why don't some of the links appear? There's a "comment" link for each nominations (just checked it) but only some of them ar visible... Why?

bio
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2143361)   #11
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
He Bio, I'm sure you don't mind if I change my nomination for best design to your design in South Korea?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=102967&page=7
Old 3 Mar 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2143503)   #12
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, I actually don't

Thx for the nomination anyways

bio
Old 8 Mar 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2147100)   #13
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In view of the fact that there hasn't been much action in terms of nominations for the Month of February....I'm prepared to abandon this idea.

Hopefully this bump will draw attention and remind those that haven't voted, lets give a dead line of Midnight Monday UK time.

Oh for anyone who might say I haven't voted...I'm the one keeping the spread sheet and my nominations have been added directly to that. SHould you wish me to make them public I'll be happy to do so.
Old 8 Mar 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2147109)   #14
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I'd be happy to repeat my idea of making a list of each months tracks within the corresponding month's nomination thread - but I remembered that it's usually me who has the most designs so it would look like I'm campaigning for myself

bio
Old 14 Mar 2008, 03:10 (Ref:2151438)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its just too complicated guys.

Most of us don't analyse every design. Working out what category a track belongs under, and then figuring out the system takes too much for anyone but the most ardent My Track'ers.

Here's what I want to try; a single, stickied voting thread. It will be open all year long, and the voting system will be as simple as possible.
Nominations will be for ONE category only, a simple best track category. When you wish to nominate a track, just post in the nominations thread.
Any track receiving two or more nominations will be entered for the competition at the end of the year.

Any votes thus far will just be lumped into the new system.

What do you think?
Old 14 Mar 2008, 06:11 (Ref:2151491)   #16
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea P! Whilst it may seem like a good idea to have all the different categories, much as I love My Tracks, when it comes down to it I just can't be bothered to vote as there are just too many different criteria to choose from. A single type of vote for the best track, plain & simple, would be better IMO.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 14 Mar 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2151622)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Fair enough guys...this seemed to work for the January but the interest has been dropped altogether.

The one obvious concern is that if the nominations are as open as Pirenzo has suggested there could be an un-managable number of nominations at the end of the year.

Let me know who want's to run the thread and I'll send you the January stuff to put in the thread opener.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2151668)   #18
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I don't think this would solve anything. I think most people don't vote cause they don't bother doing so and spending time with it - why would they even if there weren't categories? I don't think the categories made it harder - or more time consuming - at all. It's just that the majority doesn't seem to be motivated in voting, so they probably won't vote no matter how simplified it is. Bottom line.

And anyways... How could someone decide between an apple and a peach? I mean, how is anybody supposed to choose between, let's say, a full graphics design and a one liner or a pedometer design? And, come to that, based on what should one vote? And... Should we keep the monthly system?

So, I think we should give my original idea a try: let's keep the categories and I will make a collection of links to each categories' possible entries each month so whoever wants to vote will only have to click on the links - or even better, make a list of the thumbnails so it's only a list of thumbnails one has to go thru, without having to leaf thru all the threads and browse for designs. That could make voting a max. 10 minute job requiring no browsing thru the threads. I don't think it could be simpler.
There's only one small problem with it: since it's usually me who posts the most tracks per month (and, looking at my cache of unpublished ones it'll be so for a couple of months ) I'd be making the biggest favor for myself - but I was never after winning and even competing anyway, so let's say that my designs won't be in the lists. I've got no problem with that.

So?

bio

Last edited by bio; 14 Mar 2008 at 12:12.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2154516)   #19
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio
And anyways... How could someone decide between an apple and a peach? I mean, how is anybody supposed to choose between, let's say, a full graphics design and a one liner or a pedometer design? bio
That's easy: I'd choose the full graphics design.
Single lines are just that: lines, and I don't want to look at lines but at circuits. And anybody can put a line on pedometer. Those usually aren't thought trough at all, a major flaw shows up after looking at it for a few seconds, and so isn't worth a nomination. I've seen very few exeptions....
Old 17 Mar 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2155065)   #20
bio
Veteran

Hungary
OK, werner, but it's your approach and not neccessarily others'. And I think a voting should be along the same principles.

Or am i taking it too seriously?
Old 17 Mar 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2155070)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Personally I've given up on the idea simply because it apears that no-one is interested in voting at all
Old 17 Mar 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2155097)   #22
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Same here.

bio