Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: How shall we go about Grand Prix weekends with a Sprint in 2022?
Option 1 3 30.00%
Option 2 0 0%
Option 3 3 30.00%
Option 4 1 10.00%
Option 5 2 20.00%
Option 6 0 0%
Option 7 1 10.00%
Option 8 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Feb 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4099142)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Predictions Contest - Sprint tweaks?

BTCC frog mentioned this last season:
Quote:
Born Racer, for next season can I suggest a rule change that says entries for sprint weekends have to be submitted before normal qualifying, rather than sprint qualifying, assuming the format remains the same? And maybe there could be a section for guessing the top three in normal qualifying as well as in the sprint, to represent the fact that extra points are on offer in the sprint weekends than in a normal weekend. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
How about this (where 'Qualifying' means Friday qualifying or the session that determines the Sprint grid)?

Option 1:

Predictions are made for the top three in qualifying, the top eight in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for all three sessions must be in before qualifying.

Option 2:

Predictions are made for the top three in qualifying, the top eight in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. Qualifying predictions must be made before qualifying (of course), as must Sprint predictions, but Grand Prix predictions can be made after qualifying.

Option 3:

Predictions are made for the top three in qualifying, the top three in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for all three sessions must be in before qualifying.

Option 4:

Predictions are made for the top three in qualifying, the top three in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. Qualifying predictions must be made before qualifying (of course), as must Sprint predictions, but Grand Prix predictions can be made after qualifying.

Option 5:

Predictions are made for the top eight in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for both sessions must be in before qualifying.

Option 6:

Predictions are made for the top eight in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for both sessions must be in before the Sprint.

Option 7:

Predictions are made for the top three in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for both sessions must be in before qualifying.

Option 8:

Predictions are made for the top three in the Sprint (the F1 point scorers) and for the usual business for the Grand Prix. All predictions for both sessions must be in before the Sprint.

See the 2021 rules for reference: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156040

Unlike the mean, median and mode thread, I'd like to keep my options open here, so this vote won't be binding, but if there's a clear favourite, I may well go with it. Anybody is welcome to vote, but I'd particularly encourage those who competed in the 2021 championship. Thanks.

By the way, there will be more points on offer in many of these options, because I'll decide on a certain number of points for the Sprint that will potentially be more lucrative than for qualifying for other events (where a 3 is the most you can get for pole for example; here a win in the Sprint could be worth 8, for example).
Old 17 Feb 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4099165)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Either option 1 or 3, I definitely think all predictions should be before qualifying. I voted 3, but would be just as happy with 1. Thanks for offering these changes.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4100809)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was confused by 1 and 3. How many F1 point scorers are there in the Sprint race? Rather like the Frog (but the other way around), I voted for 1 but would be entirely happy with 3. I do think all predictions should be in before qually begins.