Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 30 Nov 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3594550)   #226
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
It is, he has no money to go down south the containers are in a freight yard unpaid for last time they went down, they only people left are people that cant go anywhere else as they dont have the skill. Believe what you want but he is out of money.
It's not. There was no legal action as you stated.

I don't know (or care) if he is rich or poor as I don't have access to his bank statement... but what you put about legal action is simply untrue.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3594561)   #227
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I see Thunder in the Park is on in a couple of weeks - not much there apart from Muscle Cars that would draw me in though. I'd swap CMC's for either the Toyota 86's or the V8 Utes TBH at the NZTC events...
Old 30 Nov 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3594563)   #228
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I see Thunder in the Park is on in a couple of weeks - not much there apart from Muscle Cars that would draw me in though. I'd swap CMC's for either the Toyota 86's or the V8 Utes TBH at the NZTC events...
Since you brought it up... we have Central Muscle Cars, Northern and Production Muscle Cars, Super Mini, HQ & Super 6, Formula First, Honda Cup, Pirelli Porsche, Pro 7, SS2000, Super Lap, 2K Cup (Sat only) and Rotary Racing Enthusiasts (Sun only).

Dunno what you're looking for but I'm set for some great racing. Saturday's schedule will roll into the twilight so for $20 per adult for a weekend pass, it's pretty good bang for your buck I'd have thought...

This weekend was excellent and showed some great driving. Love them or hate them, the TR86s are incredibly quick and Ash Blewett is a talented young man.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3594576)   #229
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post

I don't know (or care) if he is rich or poor as I don't have access to his bank statement... but what you put about legal action is simply untrue.

What happened then? I herd the cars were not suppost to be there. Where was Craig Baird and why did Angus end up taking the ST??????
I met Alissa at Pukekohe for the Super Car event and she was actually busy with Baird but she made time to speak to a group of us. Very professional young lady. I thought DJ made a mistake putting her in the car but the weekend proved us all wrong. Did anyone else see her go for it in the wet!!! the same group of us went especially to watch her at Hampton, She actually set the 3rd fastest lap time in the pouring down rain. We need to make sure we support her even if she is with DJ. Does any one no who was the younger bloke helping her this weekend??? He obviously done a great job at coaching her alone. Well done to him.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3594577)   #230
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post
Since you brought it up... we have Central Muscle Cars, Northern and Production Muscle Cars, Super Mini, HQ & Super 6, Formula First, Honda Cup, Pirelli Porsche, Pro 7, SS2000, Super Lap, 2K Cup (Sat only) and Rotary Racing Enthusiasts (Sun only).

Dunno what you're looking for but I'm set for some great racing. Saturday's schedule will roll into the twilight so for $20 per adult for a weekend pass, it's pretty good bang for your buck I'd have thought...

This weekend was excellent and showed some great driving. Love them or hate them, the TR86s are incredibly quick and Ash Blewett is a talented young man.
Yes the Muscle Cars are brilliant but by themselves not a drawcard as a headline. I'd need to see GT cars or the Enduro ones like the R8's, or something like F5000. Or the NZTC

Ash Blew(itt) everyone else away, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in something else next season.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 00:05 (Ref:3594585)   #231
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVORACER11 View Post
Where was Craig Baird and why did Angus end up taking the ST??????
Not sure about Bairdo, but Angus blew a motor in practice, there was a sustained and incredible effort by the team to pick up Jacko's car, get it down to Hampton on Saturday, re panel it in Property Tudors colours and get Angus out there for Race 1. Incredible effort, and most people wouldn't have picked he was in a completely different car.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3594591)   #232
EVORACER11
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure about Bairdo, but Angus blew a motor in practice, there was a sustained and incredible effort by the team to pick up Jacko's car, get it down to Hampton on Saturday, re panel it in Property Tudors colours and get Angus out there for Race 1. Incredible effort, and most people wouldn't have picked he was in a completely different car.

So the TKR ST isn't actually a TKR car?????? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, This is a great way to keep up with everything though and find out what's going on !
Old 1 Dec 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3594594)   #233
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Sounds like a great weekend and i'll be there Very well priced Racetroll.

I believe this is the first time 2k Cup has raced at Puke? (not sure if true or 100% accurate, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). This will provide some quite cool racing for the crowds I reckon.

On the Angus Fogg thing, I too was lucky enough to witness the hectic "right this one's had it, so lets get another one and make it look like the other one" event. It was an awesome effort and you are right, pretty much nobody would've known any different when he got back on track.

On a side note I hear the imported subgrade at HD is to be lime stabilised. This means that the high plasticity clays will be chemically altered to be a completely different soil (i.e. ******* hard and stable). From a road/track construction point of view, this is a very good idea as it will provide a solid foundation for the subbase and basecourse layers and of course, asphalt surfacing. It also means that some of the pre-load will be kept on, which is another good idea. If you want a classic example of what removing a pre-load on a peat subgrade does, then just look at the shocking example right next door on SH1. There is a section of the North bound lane that has been fixed up about 5 or 6 times due to poor design and knowledge of the area. It is starting to show signs of going again too, a mere 1 or 2 years since FH did the overlay. The issue is much deeper than the surface! You can also now visually see the bump at the end of the braking point into T6 now quite clearly, and that area was not treated correctly in the first place.

So some good construction going on at both Track and facility upgrades. I flew over the area last week and you can see the new layout quite clearly, and it just looks like such a fun track.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3594640)   #234
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post

Blinkers are on.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3594654)   #235
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
We enjoyed the weekend. Crowds were down on Saturday (awful weather) but Sunday had a few more. Nothing like previous events, but 'quietly confident' would be the phrase that I would apply to NZTC this weekend. I like how the category are no longer making too much reference to either TLX or SuperTourer, and just going with class 1 or class 2. Much easier for people to pick up on.

I was disappointed by the number of safety cars, and this resulted in very few actual competitive laps by the NZTC's. Talking to a number of people on the weekend, people seemed to want to see 30, or 40 lap races with these now top-tier cars. I agree with them, and when the time is right, the category should be moving to a format like this. The fast cars have air jacks, so some tyre strategies etc could really make it exciting.

Good to see Richard Moore again, and I believe he and Eddie Bell will be at the Ruapuna round as well. I hope so. We now need to see more class 1 cars out there, so class 2 doesn't have to fill the field.

Was gobsmacked with the progress in pitlane at HD. Shes' gunna be purdy that's for sure.

I had to laugh though seeing Angus and team ripping panels off their car to put them on to DJ's class 1 tourer. Angus showed great gusto with removing the TKR stickers that could be removed. And then they put everything together and went racing! DJ looked not too happy in his pit bay..... (he needs to control his eating habits....he did not look healthy at all)

I took some clients down with me on Sunday....they enjoyed it and they don't really like motorsport. So I think that's a good sign.
Bring on the South Island Rounds!
Hi Stu,

Just to clarify DJ does not and has never owned an ST car [TC class one car] he leased Wayne, Jacko, Andersons car for the first two rounds after he failed to pay an agreed to deposit on the purchase of that car.

The fact is that DJ was unable to pay the lease fee for the 3rd round and so the car never left AV8's workshop until Angus rang Jacko in a mad panic, asking if he could first borrow the engine, as he had just had an engine malfunction after an over rev on a downshift. They then jointly agreed it would be quicker just to use the whole car rather than yank both engines etc. None of this had anything to do with DJ.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3594678)   #236
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Funny, I thought Foggy's car looked great, too - and I had no idea about the shenanigans.

I see IMS' two ST's are still for sale, let's hope as the NZTC series becomes more well known we find a few more drivers wanting to enter. It might even be that some of the TL people step up and buy one. We had 19 cars which was pretty good, 29 would be even better.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3594816)   #237
13BT
Rookie

13BT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where are the rest of the V8ST's. The Murphy car seems to have dropped off trademe so maybe sold or just not relisted. Surely some of the other ones that weren't at HD must be unoffically for sale?
Old 1 Dec 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3594843)   #238
EVORACER11
Rookie

Mark Petch needs to be more involved with the class. He is doing wonders for SsangYong Race Utes. He could get the TC more numbers, there must be heaps of the old TL cars around somewhere
Old 2 Dec 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3594892)   #239
zenatello
Rookie

zenatello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Petch needs to be more involved with the class. He is doing wonders for SsangYong Race Utes. He could get the TC more numbers, there must be heaps of the old TL cars around somewhere
How funny would that be.Yep, he would do wonders !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Dec 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3594893)   #240
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 2 Dec 2015, 05:10 (Ref:3594902)   #241
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:

Hi Evoracer, thanks for your kind words, however, It's time for others to roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done, and is being done, albeit at maybe a slower pace than some would wish.

I signed a 3 year contract to manage the Ssangyong Actyon Sport Racing series, and I advised the new NZST Board as soon as it was appointed that I was and am committed to the Ssangyong Series first and foremost, and can only assist them in helping to support them financially, which I have done so by paying 50% of the purchase price for all of all the stock, plant and intellectual property etc, from Ray Noonan. As such I am a creditor of the new Company running New Zealand Supertourers, I also house all the spares etc at no charge to them.

I also own the ex Van Gisbergen Supertourer, so I think I do enough to help with out trying to poke my nose into their day to day business.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 07:59 (Ref:3594913)   #242
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Evoracer, thanks for your kind words, however, It's time for others to roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done, and is being done, albeit at maybe a slower pace than some would wish.

I signed a 3 year contract to manage the Ssangyong Actyon Sport Racing series, and I advised the new NZST Board as soon as it was appointed that I was and am committed to the Ssangyong Series first and foremost, and can only assist them in helping to support them financially, which I have done so by paying 50% of the purchase price for all of all the stock, plant and intellectual property etc, from Ray Noonan. As such I am a creditor of the new Company running New Zealand Supertourers, I also house all the spares etc at no charge to them.

I also own the ex Van Gisbergen Supertourer, so I think I do enough to help with out trying to poke my nose into their day to day business.
You own the corkery car raced by van gisbergan, got to put a spin on.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3594918)   #243
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
You own the corkery car raced by van gisbergan, got to put a spin on.

Semantics.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3594931)   #244
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Are there any spare TLX's floating around apart from the MacKenzie one?
Old 2 Dec 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3595005)   #245
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Are there any spare TLX's floating around apart from the MacKenzie one?
Hi GB, no there were only ever 7 chassis completed, 2 Toyota's, 3 Holden's, 1 Nissan and Mackenzie's Ford, which was the original prototype and was updated shortly before it was sold to Steve Varney.

The Varney cars brakes were upgraded to the larger diameter V8ST Brembo rotor's etc for endurance racing and is for sale.
Old 2 Dec 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3595056)   #246
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
It would seem then that the best way to expand the class is to find a way to encourage more ST's from coming out of hiding...
Old 3 Dec 2015, 04:32 (Ref:3595121)   #247
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to today's NZ Herald, a few motorsport companies have been liquidated by the IRD.
Old 3 Dec 2015, 06:17 (Ref:3595130)   #248
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt that Mark would want to go backwards, having stirred up what wasn't even working in the first place!

Credit where credit is due. Without those willing to take on 'authority' head to head, fight a few battles - often putting themselves in the firing line - NZ Motorsport would be a lot worse off. Sometimes they do it democratically and at other times, they have to dig their toes in and fight,

Mike John (Targa) and Chris Watson are two other names that spring to mind and we can all be grateful to Chris (again), Tony Roberts and the late Geoff Manning for their vision in getting Hampton Downs moving.

We can also add Tony Quinn, though I am not sure whether or not he has yet to fight NZ authorities.

In many respects, I think the whole scene seems a lot stronger than it has ever been and better co-ordinated, from the promoters through to Racetroll and her crew. Getting spectators back in the huge numbers of the early 1960's may never happen, as there are so many other things going on. NZ isn't starved of options, but with good numbers of drivers, meetings should not be losing money.
Old 3 Dec 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3595295)   #249
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I'll tell you what we do have or are about to have finally in this country, and that is some very high quality infrastructure from which to build a base for some great entertainment. Taupo looks like it will become a great venue, Highlands is already there (although a slightly different purpose) and Hampton Downs will be brilliant when finished. The original vision of Tony and Chris for Hampton Downs was an inspired one and I would love to see the entire thing take shape over the coming years.
Old 6 Dec 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3595846)   #250
Blackpearl
Racer

With Team Kiwi having the ird appoint notice of liquidation, I see he and his accountant from the past have changed the name to u win ltd.

Also selling the normal hot laps with a supertourer he does not have and will not again. Dont buy any win me things also, jet skies repoed one went to jacko to pay for the lease of the car for puke.

Mike mcdonald accountant put his name to ownership of tkr when dj went bankrupt, seems he is still bad.