Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2485904)   #101
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were two LCDs showing the leader board inside the AUDI shop during qualy and they attracted quite a crowd. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Don't know if they did the same during the race, or if they were open all night.

It would be nice to install some TVs in some points around the track with leader boards. They don't need to have huge screens.. I don't think it would be a very expensive thing to do.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2646007)   #102
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2010 prices.........

Had an email from the very nice people at Kangaroo TV offering a 5 euro discount as reward for completing their survey a few months back. The even better news is that on the back of the feedback from the survey, they have decided to cut the price for Le Mans from the 80 euros they were asking in 2009 to a far more agreeable 55 euros in 2010. With my 5 euro discount, that's just 50 euros.

By my reckoning, a unit shared between Ayse, the third member of our little group and myself would cost a very reasonable £15 each. At that price, it's definitely food for thought........
Old 6 Mar 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2646011)   #103
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
At €50/55 a Kangaroo suddenly becomes a distinctly viable proposition. I still find the concept of going to a race to watch it on television slightly absurd, but catching up with live timing and scoring is appealing, and it's hard to argue with the fairly ringing endorsements from those that have used one.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2646188)   #104
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , I got that email too .

Im certainly going to do it again , especially at that new price .

Nice to see something getting cheaper in this day and age !!!
Old 6 Mar 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2646189)   #105
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
If only they could get it working out at Mulsanne and Arnage!!!!! These are the areas away from scoreboards and the like, where the information is most needed to keep track of things.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2646519)   #106
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want just the live timing then it might work out cheaper to get it off the internet on a mobile phone, even with the exhorbitant mobile costs.

If the tv bit only works close to the central village area of the circuit it's not much cop away from there and isn't that the real need, to be able to follow whats happening when you are not at the circuit?

I'll stick with RLM, and see how the live timing works out on my crackberry, but I can see that if you can split the cost between a number of that it does become a viable proposition.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2646529)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Had an email from the very nice people at Kangaroo TV offering a 5 euro discount as reward for completing their survey a few months back. The even better news is that on the back of the feedback from the survey, they have decided to cut the price for Le Mans from the 80 euros they were asking in 2009 to a far more agreeable 55 euros in 2010. With my 5 euro discount, that's just 50 euros.

By my reckoning, a unit shared between Ayse, the third member of our little group and myself would cost a very reasonable £15 each. At that price, it's definitely food for thought........

Yep, count me in on that one!
Old 7 Mar 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2646543)   #108
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, count me in on that one!
Done, and you get tenure for the start of the race since Tony and I will have seats opposite a big screen as well as access to live timing in the bar behind T17.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2646551)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're a star!

Can I then dash off and put it on Ebay......?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2646553)   #110
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
If you want just the live timing then it might work out cheaper to get it off the internet on a mobile phone, even with the exhorbitant mobile costs.

If the tv bit only works close to the central village area of the circuit it's not much cop away from there and isn't that the real need, to be able to follow whats happening when you are not at the circuit?

I'll stick with RLM, and see how the live timing works out on my crackberry, but I can see that if you can split the cost between a number of that it does become a viable proposition.
Agree re live timing on a mobile - especially if the likes of Vodafone waive their roaming charges like they did last year. The one big downside is I've found my 3G BlackBerry drains its battery depressingly quickly, and if it's also got to function as a phone then there are a few arguments against using it. It's the one time it's almost worth digging out an older 2/2.5G handset, or, being pragmatic, figuring that the 50 Euros with having the video and not having to worry about recharging batteries becomes worth it.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2646556)   #111
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
You're a star!

Can I then dash off and put it on Ebay......?
Absolutely, provided we use your credit card to cover the 250 euros they require to guarantee against loss or damage to the unit.

Old 7 Mar 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2646588)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Absolutely, provided we use your credit card to cover the 250 euros they require to guarantee against loss or damage to the unit.

Ah.... Possibly not then......
Old 8 Mar 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2647299)   #113
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I got the same e mail Eur 50 seems very reasonable and I am hoping my little group will be happy to share the cost, not much point all ahving one.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2647634)   #114
LemansmobileTV
Advertising Partner
Rookie

LemansmobileTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lemans Coverage

Hi guys,

Here is a link to the 2010 coverage map.

http://kangaroo.tv/kangaroo-sports/K...e_map_2010.pdf

Inside the covered zone you are guaranteed to receive coverage. Outside of that you may still get coverage but we can't promise good quality. That said, I do have emails from people who said they used it all weekend at Porsche Curves with no problem...they sent pics to prove it.

Cheers
Craig

p.s. The goal is to have coverage at Arnage and Mulsanne for 2011.

Last edited by MagnetON; 8 Mar 2010 at 19:40. Reason: These posting have been pre-approved.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2653639)   #115
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im having 2 of them this year for that price , seriously . A portable one for me and one stationed at the campsite for all the rest of us .
Old 18 Mar 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2655011)   #116
ApexRacer
Rookie

ApexRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone please post the promo code you're referring to? At 50EUR, i'm definitely in. My friend had one last year, it was terrific.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2655272)   #117
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRacer View Post
Can someone please post the promo code you're referring to? At 50EUR, i'm definitely in. My friend had one last year, it was terrific.
Sorry, but unless Kangaroo TV decide to do so themselves, I think it would be wrong to post the discount code on a public forum. It was offered as a 'thank you' to those who took the time to offer feedback to Kangaroo TV by completing their survey and was sent to those individuals by personal email.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2655466)   #118
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Craig

Pleeeease do get coverage to Arnage for next year! We always camp there and being away from the grandstand area, this little thing would be fantastic for us. At present it just isn't worth as over half our race is spent at Arnage. Also the new price is a lot more sensible, especially when shared between a few of us.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2655617)   #119
ApexRacer
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry, but unless Kangaroo TV decide to do so themselves, I think it would be wrong to post the discount code on a public forum. It was offered as a 'thank you' to those who took the time to offer feedback to Kangaroo TV by completing their survey and was sent to those individuals by personal email.
Fair enough Bentley03. @LemansmobileTV, would you be kind enough to share the promo code with this forum!? At 50EUR, i'll book today!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2658002)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has anyone heard anything from Craig/LemansmobileTV recently by any chance? I've PM'd and emailed through their website but had no reply.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2658034)   #121
LemansmobileTV
Advertising Partner
Rookie

heres a promo code for the forum... 24TEN10

You will get a 5eu discount with it...cheers!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2658044)   #122
LemansmobileTV
Advertising Partner
Rookie

Quote:
Has anyone heard anything from Craig/LemansmobileTV recently by any chance? I've PM'd and emailed through their website but had no reply.
Just got back from vacation...sent you a pm.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2658097)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, got it.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2658489)   #124
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansmobileTV View Post

Thanks for that, Will be trying out one this year for the first time after having seen lots of people use them before.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2659351)   #125
ApexRacer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansmobileTV View Post

Terrific, thanks! As promised, just booked mine!