Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Aug 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1381918)   #1
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live For Speed (S2)

Downloaded the new version of Live For Speed the other day, WOW! is all I can say. Big fan of GTR but LFS is so much better as an online game. LFS is solely a online game though, the offline game is a bit pants so not worth the hassle. The online side is amazing, grids of 21 cars all on line is just manic! The online system work painlessly, unlike GTR which just drives you up the wall. Well worth the £24 purchase price. The demo is FOC and works online, just with limited cars/tracks. Currently blatting around in a v8 F1-esque car which is entertaining!

Worth a look imho - http://www.liveforspeed.net/

Here endith todays message
Old 14 Aug 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1381987)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly looks interesting, but the cars don't do a lot for me and the wholly fictitious nature of the circuits is a little uninspriing.....
Old 14 Aug 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1382025)   #3
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Depends what "floats your boat" I guess. The tracks although ficititious are very good (some of them seem strangly familar )
Old 15 Aug 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1382696)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Very true - horses for courses to be sure. I guess the circuits might be loosely modelled on the real things, or the best bits of them, one hopes.....
Old 16 Aug 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1383820)   #5
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't praise LFS S2 enough - I'm having a ball with it. Haven't touched any other racing game on my PC for weeks now.

I normally am a complete sucker for realism as far as tracks and cars go, but for some reason in LFS it doesn't bother me at all. Which is nice
Old 16 Aug 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1383876)   #6
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you buy it online? and play it solely online?
Old 16 Aug 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1383881)   #7
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Buy it online, one time 125mb download and this can be played with limited options both on and off line. If you like it you can register it and will unlock the rest of the game. You can play offline but it's not to clever, online is where it's at...excellent fun
Old 16 Aug 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1383886)   #8
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm downloading the demo now to see what its like, sounds good. Can I play online with the demo?
Old 16 Aug 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1383896)   #9
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but only with the 3 avaliable cars on Blackwood GP Circuit
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1387321)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the single sater cars!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1395008)   #11
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Very true - horses for courses to be sure. I guess the circuits might be loosely modelled on the real things, or the best bits of them, one hopes.....
Driving around the courses in LFS there are a lot of famliar corners, everything from Turn 1 from the Indy GP track to a mini Eau Rouge that's just as challenging as the real thing.

Personally, I tend to prefer the LFS tracks over a lot of classic real world tracks purely because they're not limited by planning permission or F1 safety standards and offer a whole lot more in the way of technical challenges.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1430841)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you make your own cars?