Closed Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1308129)   #1
racingfan99
Rookie

United States
Nazareth, PA
racingfan99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tape Trading anyone? [closed thread]

I've been an open-wheel fan since I went to my first race (the 1986 Detroit GP) and have a bunch of F1, CART/ChampCar and IRL races on tape. I'm wondering if anyone here is into trading races...something I've done in the past. It's a great way to get races you may have missed or races from year's past.
If anyone's interested drop me a line and we can trade lists. I don't sell copies of races at all - ever - only trade, and I don't trade anything that is commercially available now (like a copy of the 2004 F1 review, for example).
Anything else, I'd love to share with fellow enthusiasts.
Old 23 May 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1308167)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Racingfan99; hope you get plenty of responses
Old 23 May 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1308405)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, welcome indeed. Gl;ad to hear you're not breaching copyright with copies (so easy to do these days with DVD recorders....)./ I guess in reality you're looking to trade with relatively near neighbours?
Old 23 May 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1308514)   #4
racingfan99
Rookie

United States
Nazareth, PA
racingfan99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John and Aysedasi, thanks for the welcome!
Aysedasi, I do like to trade within the US/Canada, but I do have a few trading buddies in the UK and Germany, so that's not out of the question for me. The only trouble is the trades overseas on my end have to be made on dvd-r and usually can only be played on a computer because the dvd recorders I have are not region free....if you want a list of what I have that I can put on dvd-r, let me know and I will send it to you.
Thanks again for the welcome, glad I'm here!
Old 26 May 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1311066)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racingfan99
i trade old race tapes or dvd's now days ...so would be interested in trading with you .

i have thousands of races from all different series ,
F1 ( all races of the last 30 years or futher )

Indycar + Indy 500's going back to the 70's
Formula 2 , Formula 3 , Formula Ford , F3000 , Indylights , etc etc

plus so much more...always enjoy picking a few classics out and watching them again , watched Webbers Formula Ford festival win the other day and have been enjoying some good 2001 Cart races recently that i have been trading with a good friend of mine .

anyone want to trade , just drop me a pm or email
Old 28 May 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1312718)   #6
supertouring
Racer

supertouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
May I ask how you propose to copy and provide those DVD's legally?
/
Old 28 May 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1312730)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I'd recommend trading with sato san. he's top notch.....changed my life I tell yer!
Old 28 May 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1312764)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've tried to find some F1 races I had on tape, I remember recording the y2k Japanese Grand Prix, which was my favourite Grand Prix ever, when Schui finaly won the title, but looks like I've taped over it.
Also had some cart and irl races on tape from 2001.

Hey Sato san think I'll have to contact you with the collection you have.
Old 28 May 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1312768)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertouring
/

Yes, as true now as it was then.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1315482)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yes, as true now as it was then.
I prefer \. But that's me.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 07:26 (Ref:1316461)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I haven't a clue what "\." means
Old 24 Feb 2006, 06:03 (Ref:1530401)   #12
F1TRADER
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
F1TRADER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow wow wow. It looks like I have found the right place to come to. I have hundreds of F1 races, and plenty of Qualifying sessions here. I have every qualifying session and warm-up from 93 as a start. Plus just about every live race from 82 to present. Anyone interested in trading?

Sato-San, I've sent you a pM.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1530429)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and thats where it will stay.

Please do not discuss tape trading or buying or swapping or anything like that on the open forums.

this is considered to be illegal content and is against forum policy.
Closed Thread