Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3986535)   #601
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nicola Larini was going to be the second driver for the Bravo team alongside Jordi Gene for 93
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:21 (Ref:3986544)   #602
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow Bravo F1...i think i only know of them as a team mentioned with other almost but never happened F1 teams.

looks like i have some reading to do this afternoon.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3986550)   #603
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a chart of test drivers from 1987 to 2006, and it says Roberto Moreno tested the Bravo car(I didn't know it existed)

The chart:
https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...vers-1987-2006
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:41 (Ref:3986554)   #604
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
I've got a chart of test drivers from 1987 to 2006, and it says Roberto Moreno tested the Bravo car(I didn't know it existed)

The chart:
well that is massively impressive!!!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3986576)   #605
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wow indeed. Will have to find time to look at that chart
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3986582)   #606
Theunser
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wow indeed. Will have to find time to look at that chart
There are some quite interesting things in it
Old 7 Jul 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3986615)   #607
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The chart:
He did but when it was called Andrea Moda!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3986629)   #608
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nothing wrong with this thread, I trust the knowledge. Quite a lot of them I had heard before too
Yeah, the criticisms are too nitpicky for my liking.

It's an enjoyable read. No need for a full investigative journalistic piece on every piece of info.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3986679)   #609
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
There are some quite interesting things in it
It is, although it's not 100% accurate. But it is still a good bit of info
Old 8 Jul 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3986689)   #610
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It is, although it's not 100% accurate. But it is still a good bit of info
What information is wrong on the chart?
Old 8 Jul 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3986704)   #611
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe need to recheck the F1 records and you’ll see
Old 8 Jul 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3986707)   #612
S griffin
Veteran

Like there’s some cases of drivers racing for a team when they didn’t. Like it underlines Chaves as racing in 1990 I think, when he actually raced, well tried to pre qualify in 1991
Old 9 Jul 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3987074)   #613
Theunser
Racer

Ken Tyrrell had an interview on british drivers in 1992.
He said that Coulthard's managers wanted him to take on DC as a test driver and also that he is keeping an eye on Allan McNish and especially Mark Blundell.
'I would have been interested in taking on Blundell because here is an example of the talent we have in Britain. He is a driver I rate.'

More details in the article:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-1550239.html
Old 9 Jul 2020, 21:41 (Ref:3987076)   #614
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ken Tyrrell had an interview on british drivers in 1992.
He said that Coulthard's managers wanted him to take on DC as a test driver and also that he is keeping an eye on Allan McNish and especially Mark Blundell.
'I would have been interested in taking on Blundell because here is an example of the talent we have in Britain. He is a driver I rate.'

More details in the article:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-1550239.html
Interesting that the headline still rings so true:
Money talks louder than talent
Old 14 Jul 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3988227)   #615
Theunser
Racer

Giorgio Pantano was close to a deal with Jaguar, until Red Bull pushed Klien into the seat alongside Mark Webber.
"Pantano had been all set to make his Formula One debut for Jaguar, however two days before he was due to sign with the squad they concluded a deal with Christian Klien, who was able to bring $10million of funding from Red Bull."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_Pantano

"It is a little known fact that Giorgio Pantano was heavily in negotiation with Jaguar Racing before the drive went to Christian Klien."

https://www.grandprix.com/news/panta...o-minardi.html
Old 14 Jul 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3988228)   #616
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Interesting times. First they funded a driver in the team, then went on to buy the team outright.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 14:38 (Ref:3988232)   #617
S griffin
Veteran

And he could have ended up at Minardi, as could have Kovalainen and Pechito
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3988310)   #618
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And he could have ended up at Minardi, as could have Kovalainen and Pechito
Klien or Pantano?

Minardi were often one of the leading teams at testimg our drivers with the biggest and fastest wallet.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 22:24 (Ref:3988321)   #619
S griffin
Veteran

Pantano
Old 14 Jul 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3988329)   #620
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Pantano was a strange case.

Rubbish in 2004 but then showed his talent after he was dropped from F1. Did he deserve a second shot? Maybe.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3988484)   #621
S griffin
Veteran

Problem is only 10 teams on the grid when he won the title, and 2008-09 we only saw 2 driver changes(Vettel replaces the retiring DC at RBR and Buemi takes Vettel's place at STR, although Senna came close to getting the Brawn drive in place of Rubinho). So Pantano was left to do some Megane racing. A season later when the new teams came in, it might have been a different story
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3988499)   #622
S griffin
Veteran

Giovanni Aloi was originally gonna drive for the GLAS team in 91, which later became Modena-Lamborghini
Old 15 Jul 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3988569)   #623
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Giovanni Aloi was originally gonna drive for the GLAS team in 91, which later became Modena-Lamborghini
Indeed! I recall his part F3000 season with GA the previous year was supported by the same sponsor/s that was supposed to fund the Lambo effort?
I do wonder if the real reason he withdrew from 3000 was because the money wasn't there in the first place!

I thought Apicella was going to get one of the drives but they signed EvdP instead alongside Larini. Suspect Eric brought a bit of much needed sponsorship from Leaseplan!
Old 15 Jul 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3988576)   #624
uesugi kenshin
Rookie

uesugi kenshin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any rumours involving Mexican drug cartels ?
Old 15 Jul 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3988595)   #625
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Indeed! I recall his part F3000 season with GA the previous year was supported by the same sponsor/s that was supposed to fund the Lambo effort?
I do wonder if the real reason he withdrew from 3000 was because the money wasn't there in the first place!

I thought Apicella was going to get one of the drives but they signed EvdP instead alongside Larini. Suspect Eric brought a bit of much needed sponsorship from Leaseplan!

I think your favourite Marco ended up as test or reserve driver in the end