Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Feb 2024, 02:36 (Ref:4197134)   #376
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cam Waters is the craziest guy, a whole lap basically out of control

After all that Matt Campbell leads again in the #912. Madness.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 02:37 (Ref:4197135)   #377
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Everybody has gone back to slicks, its just started raining again. Shahin the Bronze driver leads the pack back to the green

Theres lightning, will they need to red flag this? Cant imagine standing on top of the mountain is a great place to be?

This is what i love about racing, seeing drivers doing something that defies logic. No idea how they all survived that first lap.
More madness. Leader slicks still, not loving it.

#912 crying themselves to the lead!
Old 18 Feb 2024, 02:39 (Ref:4197136)   #378
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't have it up, but if they're appearing and disappearing at random, then it means they've crossed the control line since the leader was last seen there.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 02:46 (Ref:4197138)   #379
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race has turned into full blow survival mode. Weather and SCs keep resetting the field and any one of about a dozen cars can win.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 05:48 (Ref:4197142)   #380
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is that the Paul Tracy. Or just a Paul Tracy, he comes in six packs.
A bit late with the answer... tried earlier but kept getting error messges and gave up.... yes it is thst Paul Tracy. He is in one of the invitational cars, the black #702 IRC. He has done the Bathurst 12 hour before, in 2019 pre Covid difficulties with travelling to Aus.
Currently #702 is c 22nd overall and leading the Invitational class.

Old 18 Feb 2024, 07:08 (Ref:4197143)   #381
Enduranceracer
Rookie

United States
Florida
Enduranceracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Manthey Porsche!!!
Old 18 Feb 2024, 13:14 (Ref:4197160)   #382
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done them. Had the pace and was masterclass in the wet.

Good summary on https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...t-12-hour.html

E.B., thanks on PT, I guessed it must be. Canadian. We he got out of the car I had a few doubts as he was looking quite svelte. Happy to see him out racing there.

Did I hear in the broadcast that the length of the naughty stop and go depends on the driver grade? With the pros getting 2 minutes? Interesting. And there certainly seemed like a lot of 2 minutes handed out.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 15:57 (Ref:4197177)   #383
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Did I hear in the broadcast that the length of the naughty stop and go depends on the driver grade? With the pros getting 2 minutes? Interesting. And there certainly seemed like a lot of 2 minutes handed out.
I think that refers them taking a dim view at the superstar ranks bullying lesser graded drivers. A bit of a they should know better. There were certainly instances of the pros perhaps going for an overly ambitious gap, resulting in unnecessary contact and damage. I guess intimidation might be more the word. There was one two minute penalty given in those circumstances that I recall but that was fully deserved and borderline brutal driving.
Im not aware of a large number of such penalties but having got up at 5:30 am to watch there might have been lapses in my concentration, even quite long blinks, so I likely might have missed a few things. Red wine was involved too!
There were instances such as with Campbell in the winning Manthey Porsche, who copped two drive throughs for the same crime, but that was just clumsy communication between team and driver both in earning the penalty and its execution by the team. Campbell thought he had been released by the crew after a regular service stop, but hadnt been.... he drove off, breaching the standing time minimum.... he rightfully got a DTP, the team was told to do it at the earliest opportunity, Campbell came in the next lap but just before he got into pitlane they threw an SC / FCY. He continued to come in and drive through the lane. He had time to stay out but didnt. He breached the 'cant serve pitlane penalties under SC conditions' rule and rightfully got told to do it again under green flag conditions.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4197185)   #384
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks.

I watched from about 3 hours in to about 2 hours to go. Not completely dedicated for all that time, but it was on. Catching up with the end now.

By large number I reckon I heard five or six two minutes, but only one one minute.

That makes sense that it is based on should have known better and some of them should have!

The pitstop penalty comedy with Campbell was maddening, but he made up for it with some ace driving.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 22:22 (Ref:4197199)   #385
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just finished watching the race, which I enjoyed.
On the one hand, I am glad this race has managed to resist the horrible caution period antics spreading through similar races and series. Specifically, there is no need to close the pits during FCY/SC periods.
Even the embarrassing everyone-gets-a-prize charity of the lucky dog pass around is not totally terrible because you only get about a quarter of a lap head start before getting lapped again.
On the other hand, mandated stint lengths and minimum pit stop times are awful and I am glad some prominent drivers have spoken out against them. I understand they are an easily controlled BoP element but turning a long race into series of sprints is boring.
https://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/re...-strategy-away
Old 19 Feb 2024, 01:23 (Ref:4197212)   #386
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is a great step forward. I remember a few years ago standing at McPhillamy and seeing one of the 'international stars' deliberately punt an invitational car into the wall, car was demolished but the driver was ok. There may have been a stewards hearing, but if so I/we heard nothing, and there was AFAIK no on-track penalty. Have at it guys, it is open slather!

There were a lot of drive-throughs, but I think they were only for rule breaches, not driving standards.

I watched more or less all day, start to finish, and I remember only two - a bronze got 1 minute, and a platinum 2. Bronze seemed more of a misjudged pass after the dipper, platinum was more of a 'no way is that on' forcing his way down the inside at the elbow.

Likewise the 'VSC' slow to 80kph. We have seen far too many crashes/speeding under yellows - classic case was Martin at the grate to red flag the 2018 race, and I remember when IIRC two teammates collided racing to get onto the back of the SC. This year drivers seemed to show a whole lot more respect for waved yellows - but I was only watching the telecast.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 02:47 (Ref:4197214)   #387
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good Race, great result for Matty Campbell and Manthey EMA. But I think the weather was the only thing that kept the race interesting.

The 85 Second hold for fuel and the 32 lap maximum between pitstops, just made the strategy almost entirely predictable and negated any different strategies.

I think it was early the 2 WRT Cars came in early and were off sequence. But then a safety car came out and they had to pit. with everyone else. As soon as they attached the fuel rig they had to sit there for the mandated 85 seconds and negated their ability to jump anyone in the pits. After that apart for changing from from wets to drys and visa versa everyone had to do the same thing.

Those 2 rules should never see the light of day again.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 02:54 (Ref:4197215)   #388
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 85 second refuelling rule was terrible.Took a lot of strategic options off the table.Bin it.
As for the 32 lap rule I would like to know what the maximum stint runs are for all the cars.If several makes would be taken out of contention on fuel usage alone (so 3+ laps less each stint) then I could see some point to it.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 03:21 (Ref:4197217)   #389
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Echoing the statements on the rules negating strategy. Organizers got lucky with the weather otherwise it would’ve been a pretty boring follow the leader race. Fields should keep getting better the next couple years so I really hope they open up the strategy options again.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 06:52 (Ref:4197231)   #390
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Shows that these amateurs have no place in professional motoracing,BMW’s race ruined by the Ginetta!
Charles Weerts (driver of #32 BMW) has said that the accident was his fault.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 07:55 (Ref:4197236)   #391
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Those 2 rules should never see the light of day again.
Try watching the Spa 24 Hours...
Old 19 Feb 2024, 09:37 (Ref:4197242)   #392
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The 85 second refuelling rule was terrible.Took a lot of strategic options off the table.Bin it.
As for the 32 lap rule I would like to know what the maximum stint runs are for all the cars.If several makes would be taken out of contention on fuel usage alone (so 3+ laps less each stint) then I could see some point to it.
I agree.... in fact I have had a rant about it to friends who watched. Dreadful rule.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4197245)   #393
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I agree.... in fact I have had a rant about it to friends who watched. Dreadful rule.
Although sitting in that rain was no fun it was only the weather/tyre decisions and the incredible number of 1 %er errors such as Marciello crossing blend line,Manthey taking hdrive through under safety car etc that stopped it being very predictable.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 12:24 (Ref:4197271)   #394
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure it was also said that the penalty was an SRO one and can be used in all IGTC races.

People going on about the maximum stint length and minimum pit stop times. It is nothing new and has been used in numerous races/championships over the years, including IMSA and WEC.

If they didn't have a minimum pit stop time, then it probably would have helped Manthey even more because they are known for fast pit stops, as was shown when they jumped everyone in the pits when they only changed tyres.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4197344)   #395
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Charles Weerts (driver of #32 BMW) has said that the accident was his fault.
I must admit I did post that in a rage at the time of the incident, hindsight I was probably a bit harsh on the Ginetta.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 21:23 (Ref:4197501)   #396
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me ditch the invite cars and try and get 15 or so GT4's in there, that would make it more interesting and also have a decent race for both classes.

The Vortex was a joke, like a badly driven LMP3, caused a few incidents.

The other cars are OK but they have no real place in an SRO event. Yes at a Bathurst event but not an SRO event for me

Interesting race with the weather, but as usual with an SRO race almost impossible to pass without mistakes so tight is their BoP. But I do like that they modify it very quickly rather than IMSA and ACO who just seem to leave it for a few races.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4197516)   #397
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Roland (Dane’s) View: Stop buggering up the Bathurst 12 Hour!

SRO's meddling with the sporting regulations of the Bathurst 12 Hour threatens the very future of the event, writes Roland Dane.....

https://speedcafe.com/rolands-view-s...hurst-12-hour/
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:23 (Ref:4197521)   #398
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Former Legend and AVL were *****in about Hindy and Shae on Full Credit to the Noise
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:30 (Ref:4197522)   #399
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Roland (Dane’s) View: Stop buggering up the Bathurst 12 Hour!

/

Wish Roland was more concerned about their repeated failure to repair the car
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:38 (Ref:4197525)   #400
TWRv12
Veteran

In cases of contact between Cars of the different Classes, the Stewards may impose
any penalty they consider appropriate to the circumstances, but they will take into
account the following guideline penalties:
Contact between two (2) Pro’s or Two (2) Am’s with the Car re-joining –
Drive through.
Contact between two (2) Pro’s or Two (2) Am’s with the Car unable to re-
join – Stop and Go plus one (1) minute.
Contact between a Pro and an Am (when the Pro is passing the Am) with
the Am re-joining – Stop and Go plus one (1) minute.
Contact between a Pro and an Am (when the Pro is passing the Am) with
the Am unable to re-join – Stop and Go plus two (2) minutes.

P14/15 Sport+Tech Regs on the Notice Board
https://www.gt-world-challenge-austr...d?meeting_id=1