Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Feb 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3206329)   #1
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR Very Silly Season- Daytona 500 Qualifying

Holy sh*t- Danica on the pole.

Shame on any of you who cried "Fix!"
Old 17 Feb 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3206348)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Shame on any of you who cried "Fix!"
Shame on me then for one, when I saw that flash across the screen, my first thought was 'oh brother.'
Old 17 Feb 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3206393)   #3
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kaching!
Old 17 Feb 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3206395)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't watch but have a feeling I know what happened.

Hmm, NASCAR ratings down and all the sudden Patrick to the pole.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3206397)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
she'll drop like a rock...

Congrats to her. Ride the wave as long as it lasts, I always say.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3206414)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
wasn't she also getting the message of you better perform or poof?
Old 17 Feb 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3206418)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Holy sh*t- Danica on the pole.
I just told my wife this awesome news...her response? "What pole is Danica on? The kind of pole that you find at the Clermont Lounge?"
Old 17 Feb 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3206421)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I just told my wife this awesome news...her response? "What pole is Danica on? The kind of pole that you find at the Clermont Lounge?"

Good on Ms Patrick and her crew for having the right car setup at the right time, and going quicker than everyone else

It would be intetesting if the driver can maintain the pace on race day, we have yet to see how well she does playing in traffic at the front of the field
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Feb 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3206437)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
BWAHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send photos if that is the case!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3206457)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Jeff Gordon, who qualified 2nd:
Quote:
It's great to be part of history, I can say I was the fastest guy today.
That's really open for debate...
Old 18 Feb 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3206464)   #11
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Even if the team gave her the perfect setup, she can drive fast, period. Well done, and best wishes. However, the rest of us are DOMED.

Quote:
Blame British horse track builders for that
Old 18 Feb 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3206481)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The mute button will be frequently deployed when the 500 does arrive and I will time it carefully right to the minute where I can tune in on the pace-lap itself.

There will be no build up for me and the mute button will spontaneously be applied when a commentator, announcer or presenter says "Danic...".

I'm the greatest draw on the planet when it comes to the mute button. That is all.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3206490)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
If I remember correctly, first and second fastest are locked in, and the qualifying races decide third on back based on results in the qualifying race?
Old 18 Feb 2013, 02:06 (Ref:3206495)   #14
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Stenica!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3206497)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
If I remember correctly, first and second fastest are locked in, and the qualifying races decide third on back based on results in the qualifying race?
^That is correct:
Quote:
QUALIFYING RESULTS
#10-Patrick (8th out) 196.434mph - pole winner
#24-Gordon (30th out) 196.292 - outside pole winner
So for the first time in history, it will be an all female front row for the Daytona 500.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 05:57 (Ref:3206555)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
^That is correct:

So for the first time in history, it will be an all female front row for the Daytona 500.

Old 18 Feb 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3206595)   #17
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
give Brian Keselowski that number 10, and he'd do the same thing.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3206649)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Danica!

Chuffed to bits with her getting pole!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3206672)   #19
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why all the fuss over a media darling driver with a debatable level of talent getting the Daytona 500 Pole?

Oh, you mean it isn't Jnr?
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3206713)   #20
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
If I remember correctly, first and second fastest are locked in
Not quite.... if an erstwhile front row occupant wrecks in the Duel 150s and is forced to a backup car, then it is my understanding that they have to start from the back.

Presumably, the front row girls must participate in the Duel 150s, but what is to stop them adopting a Start'n'Park strategy- pull out after a handful of laps with "handling" or "vibration" problems of the sort so beloved by Joe Nemechek? Less chance of a mishap destroying the primary car.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3206734)   #21
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Yep, I understand about the car being damaged to an extent that it can't be replaced, so alternate car would move toward the back. I would think they would want to run anyway in order to gain experience with the car in race conditions. Also I would imagine S&P of a front row car would get you called to 'the trailer' for a really unpleasant discussion, and a pretty harsh response from the fans. The fan response would negate any sort of positive press gained from Pole Position.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3206779)   #22
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watch the first 30 seconds or so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PgM4JQq6kKY#!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3206790)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Watch the first 30 seconds or so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PgM4JQq6kKY#!

I like Kevin a little more today.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3206820)   #24
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I didn't watch but have a feeling I know what happened.

Hmm, NASCAR ratings down and all the sudden Patrick to the pole.
And those ratings will continue to drop. There's only so much that people will put up with BOTH Danica and Ricky getting all the attention while ignoring most of the other 41 drivers in the field. At least there's the NNS and trucks besides Sprint Cup.

Actually, there's this now....I don't know if it's related to the dropping ratings, but is seems to be wonderful timing.

Quote:
NASCAR will no longer provide attendance estimate: NASCAR will end its policy of providing estimated attendance figures in its race reports this season. Spokesman Kerry Tharp said tracks still will have the option of providing crowd estimates, but it will be their prerogative. "NASCAR's race reports generally becomes a box score for the media, and box scores from sporting events do not generally provide estimates," Tharp said. Of the 23 tracks that play host to races in NASCAR's premier series, 21 are owned by publicly traded companies such as International Speedway Corp. and Speedway Motorsports Inc. Officials with those tracks have said they don't provide attendance figures because they don't want to provide earnings guidance.(USA Today)(2-17-2013)
Old 18 Feb 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3206821)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch, he called them TMZ!