Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2003, 16:00 (Ref:611574)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Credentials

I GOT THEM!

Now to line up some interviews -- I leave next Friday so that gives me all kinds of time ...

That makes spending a beautiful day sitting in a basement doing data entry just a little bit more bearable.

YEEE HAH!

Last edited by Liz; 27 May 2003 at 16:01.
Old 27 May 2003, 20:30 (Ref:611782)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be a nice turn to interview some of the countless fans who turn up year after year. Also turn your camera to the sights early AM Saturday and Sunday around the campsites and the funfair.

Drivers can be talked to all year, some of the pictures to take and people to talk to only there once a year.

Simon
Old 27 May 2003, 23:33 (Ref:611954)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea! Would any of you every-year fans like to be inteviewed, singly or in groups?
Old 28 May 2003, 01:03 (Ref:611982)   #4
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure "The Winebenders" would be willing to be interviewed, particularly at about 19:00 on Sunday when we are trying to convince the whole site to do a team moony!!
Old 28 May 2003, 06:38 (Ref:612117)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Liz, I'm sure the Tourists would be up for an interview, or even as many Ten-Tenthers as we can muster?
Old 28 May 2003, 11:56 (Ref:612370)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Well, we're not doing "moon shots" guys! We are a family oriented web site after all.

Aysedasi, it'd be ideal to get as many 10-Tenthers together for an interview and wine tasting or other entertainment. Lets set up a time and place!
Old 28 May 2003, 12:05 (Ref:612383)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interview the MN and autosport staffers in le houx annex
Old 28 May 2003, 15:43 (Ref:612590)   #8
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Liz,
Perhaps you could come across and interview a large group of people who frequent the Club Arnage web forum, when we met up at the arranged time and meeting place on Saturday evening. There are lots of us from all around the world, Canada, USA, UK, France and Wales.

The arranged meeting point is 9pm Saturday during the race, at the Champagne bar at the top end of the village area. Basically as you walk up through the village towards the tunnel under the track. The bar is on the corner on the right hand side just before you drop down into the tunnel.
Just look for a large group of drunks in stupid T shirts.

Regards
Chris
Old 28 May 2003, 17:52 (Ref:612703)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The champagne bar at any time between 6.30 and 9.00 p.m. or thereabouts is a pretty safe bet for most of us, I suspect. You'll probably find a load of T.W.A.T.S there as well......
Old 28 May 2003, 18:19 (Ref:612729)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, that find, but we need to arrange the 10/10ths meet - any ideas anyone?
Old 28 May 2003, 23:14 (Ref:613004)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Well, how about meeting at our place at Karting Nord on Friday evening -- we have a big marquee tent and and The Brethern are also in our neighbourhood; I know some of them post here too.

My thought is to have a "profile" of different Le Mans Goers each day, trying to get a lot of different kinds of people so as to show the variety of people who come to Le Mans.
Old 29 May 2003, 13:43 (Ref:613651)   #12
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anywhere at anytime will be pretty much OK with our crowd. Just confirm where and when. We'll also be at the Shampoo bar with the CA Forum group
Old 29 May 2003, 16:42 (Ref:613839)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Well, how about meeting at our place at Karting Nord on Friday evening -- we have a big marquee tent and and The Brethern are also in our neighbourhood; I know some of them post here too.

My thought is to have a "profile" of different Le Mans Goers each day, trying to get a lot of different kinds of people so as to show the variety of people who come to Le Mans.
Will be dining in the best restaurant in the Old Town Friday, along with Powermite and crew and Gilles I'm afraid.
Hmmm an interview at 21.00 Saturday at the Shampoo Bar - Shome mishtake shurely.
Old 29 May 2003, 16:59 (Ref:613854)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Well, kdr and co., let me know where I can catch up with you lot! (Or pm me and I'll give you my BritPhone number and you can call me when we all arrive and then we can set something up.) How about some of the rest of you though? Friday evening sound good?
Old 29 May 2003, 18:48 (Ref:613951)   #15
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you can line up an interview with the Corvette team Liz.
Old 29 May 2003, 19:34 (Ref:614022)   #16
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like lots of great offers there !!!!

As I'm sure you know there are normally loads of great camps around, swimming pools, train sets, scalectrix, converted cars and vans. Have a stroll Friday afternoon around the sites.

I got the idea from the McQueen Le Mans Vid, the bit where they wander around the track early AM. So few press people do it, but the fans are the story of the race. If it was not for them the race would have died many years ago.

Simon
Old 29 May 2003, 20:23 (Ref:614062)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
but the fans are the story of the race. If it was not for them the race would have died many years ago.
Race, what race, I thought it was social event might have check that part of the weekend out
Old 29 May 2003, 22:54 (Ref:614188)   #18
Liz
Veteran

We are working on lining up some "You are There" coverage of the Corvette team, and possibly the Prodrive Ferrari team too.

I'd also like to hear from Marshalls and corner workers who might have time for a chat before they go on duty. If not for you guys, the only wheel that would turn would be the Ferris Wheel!
Old 30 May 2003, 17:18 (Ref:615005)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
My english is too weak to be interviewed ... I may be on the collective pic !

Old 30 May 2003, 18:45 (Ref:615095)   #20
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
My english is too weak to be interviewed ... I may be on the collective pic !

Yours is better than mine, but that's not a reason not been interviewed !

Liz, with Fab we ahve the specificity to be local, and if you look for an "international friendship" point of view, the participation of French people are not to be excluded.

Gonna be, even if I now work on the village from wednesday to sunday, available every night and day.

As Kpy mentionned it, it you need pictures of british people eating duck liver and snails, please join us on friday evening for at least a drink or a meal.

Don't hesitate to mail me for any information you'll need!

Gilles

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 31 May 2003, 00:12 (Ref:615389)   #21
Liz
Veteran

DUCK LIVER? SNAILS? (just kidding) Of course I want to interview French people (and Germans and Dutch and Japanese and anybody else) -- considering how terrible my French is , I don't venture to judge anybody else's command of any language. I'm sure you would both be great interviews! Lets see what we can figure out.
Old 31 May 2003, 07:13 (Ref:615516)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Huh, not speaking for Gilles... but listenig to me, you could be disapointed... Gilles, you forgot frogslegs... delicious !

And, sorry, I'm not quite local, unlike Gilles : I'm 200 kms south of Le Mans...

Gilles is the genuine local !

Last edited by Fab; 31 May 2003 at 07:13.
Old 31 May 2003, 09:57 (Ref:615628)   #23
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is nothing wrong with Foire Gras - I for one Love it and I also enjoy frogs legs even if the majority of them do come from Japan these days...

Hey I even eat Steak that is Bleu or even tartare... (Especially when dining with Americans or Veggies just to seem the squirm...)

Last edited by rlinter; 31 May 2003 at 09:58.
Old 31 May 2003, 10:14 (Ref:615640)   #24
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Fab but concerning the Flambadou all is "cuisine du sud-ouest" so no frog legs !

For our non-french friends interested in froglegs, the country of choice is the north east of France in the Vosges country and the thermal city of Vittel.

Please report to last book of Peter Mayle entitled "Bon Appetit - travels troughout France with a fork, a knife and a corkscrew".

From new tribunes to wine and from press interview to frog legs, what's the hell of that forum !!!!!!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 31 May 2003, 11:25 (Ref:615677)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Well, I have to confess that I don't eat exotic foods, or food that is not thoroughly cooked. But I do enjoy good company.