Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2207676)   #1
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MCC, we wish you well

I read with considerable regret the news that Malcom was to stand down as editor of DSC. Here was a man who cared about sportscar racing and was able to see it, warts and all, as the best of motor racing. I have been a subscriber for a few years now, can't think how many but felt he usually put the position in any class or car that reflected my own view and when we disagreed he was probably the voice of sanity.
When bumping into him at the circuit he always had time for a chat and I for one will miss him when I do get to meetings which is not as often as I would like these days.
I wish him well for the future and ask Graham to pass on best wishes to him and his family
Old 21 May 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2207992)   #2
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to second that. A tireless supporter of the best form of racing.
He was a great friend to us at Tracsport in '04 when we needed all the info and publicity we could get and was taking a great interest in this years Nissan project which sadly he wasn't in Monza to finally see it take to the circuit.

We'll miss you Malc, hope you will still be seen at the circuit from time to time.

Rick
Old 21 May 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2208046)   #3
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a subscriber to DSC over several years, and a regular visitor to all of the sites' previous incarnations going back to the late 90s, I'd just like to add my thanks to those already expressed for his outstanding contribution to our branch of the sport, and wish Malcolm all the best for the future.
Old 21 May 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2208064)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've wanted to post something on Tenths since Graham first told me of Malc's illness a few weeks back, but have never been able to find the right words or appropriate sentiment, so thank you for starting this thread Old Man.

Suffice to say, Malcolm, I doubt 'our sport' has ever had a greater ambassador, supporter, friend or critic. Your presence at the coalface will be sorely missed by so many, and for so many reasons. Thank you!
Old 21 May 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2208163)   #5
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My best wishes as well, Malcom's "virtual pen" will certainly be missed...
Old 21 May 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2208246)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wasn't aware Malcolm was ill. In fact, we haven't crossed 'communications' for quite some time now. Perhaps Graham can pass on my best wishes too?
Old 21 May 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2208466)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I wasn't aware Malcolm was ill. In fact, we haven't crossed 'communications' for quite some time now. Perhaps Graham can pass on my best wishes too?
I most certainly will - Thanks to everyone who has emailed with their messages and best wishes - I'll ensure Malc sees all of them as soon as possible.