Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jul 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1347057)   #1
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Truswell

The guy is a legend anyway, but check out his article on DSC re: How Pesca lost Le Mans.

Wonderful use of the statistical data and well presented.

Written by a fan for the fans.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1347162)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just read the article and it makes very interesting reading.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1347167)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coincidentally, I had an email from Paul today. Personally, he and Ian Titchmarsh have long been my favourite commentators and I miss the banter that used to go on between the two of them on RLM. Paul does a fantastic job under sometimes difficult circumstances. As I'm not a DSC member, I can't comment on his article, but I do know that Paul really knows his sportscar "stuff".
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1347200)   #4
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Personally, he and Ian Titchmarsh have long been my favourite commentators and I miss the banter that used to go on between the two of them on RLM.
I so agree with you and thank you for at last giving me the opportunity to comment. It really is not the same anymore and whilst I listen to RLM for the vast majority of the race there are times when I could throttle that Geordie. He seems to spend too much time worrying about the internet rather than engaging his listeners at the track.

I do hope that IT will return to the box next year - or are politics at work? Does his voice not suit the market in some countries?

Oh dear, am I being too controversial again! Too hell with it - Ian come back please, you are sorely missed.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1347278)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, there was a clash between LM and TOCA at (I think) Oulton, which is probably where he was. Not sure if Ian is tied to all of the BTCC meetings.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1347441)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
He seems to spend too much time worrying about the internet rather than engaging his listeners at the track.
Yes thank goodness!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1347709)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't divulge the little I know about the politics here, but I don't expect Ian Titchmarsh to return to the commentary box at Le Mans....... sadly.

Having said that, lets get real, as Cy emphasised, we might not have RLM on the net (or at all?) if it wasn't for Hindy's efforts.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1347906)   #8
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Hindys enthusiasm, he comes across as a fan, with a mic in his hand. However, if you've ever tried spectating with no commentary atall ( i have ) you come to appreciate ALL commentators, as they all give of their best. It aint the easiest thing in the world to do, but i think the RLM team are spot on.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1348045)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like John's Hindhaugh, always very entertaining, and I think Paul is a star too. We're lucky to have two such knowledgable and enthusiastic people involved, even though I so miss Ian Titchmarsh who was one of the first commentators I ever heard at a race meeting.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1349916)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can I just say that Paul was very pleased with the comments made here about him and RLM. His words -

Thanks for the kind remarks (and to those on your forums who also made them)... ....it makes me realise that there are people out there who care about the output.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1349971)   #11
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I can't divulge the little I know about the politics here, but I don't expect Ian Titchmarsh to return to the commentary box at Le Mans....... sadly.
I was hoping to draw a comment from somebody, but never mind. I received a flavour of some discord between IT and a senior person in RLM from another member of the radio's team when he missed the 2002(was it?) race. Most unfortunate.

Paul is certainly appreciated and I enjoy listening to him.