Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4202670)   #1026
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
https://peugeot-sport.com/en/2024/03...8-reveal-2024/

Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4202671)   #1027
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Quote:
Jansonnie refused to state how many EVO jokers were used by Peugeot with the revised 9X8,
So its not a new car homologation?
Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:17 (Ref:4202673)   #1028
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope the future results will be at the same level as the beautiful new livery and the resources deployed for this presentation.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:17 (Ref:4202674)   #1029
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Based on the car's performance at Qatar, I think the team finally knows what its doing and will be very competitive at LeMans
Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:30 (Ref:4202675)   #1030
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe yes, maybe no. It's a new car in essence so they won't be getting favorable BOP anymore. At least until enough data is gathered but that will take some races.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4202677)   #1031
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most of the work was for the rear (aero + gearbox reliability), without needing a new crash test. (Olivier Jansonnie)
Old 25 Mar 2024, 10:33 (Ref:4202678)   #1032
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Form follows function, guys...
And I do believe that this version will make greater strides, and give Toyota and Ferrari the competition they were looking for. This might be the added twist that the WEC needs to knock F1 off that perch, ant take on that "pinnacle" moniker... at least for now.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 11:08 (Ref:4202681)   #1033
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Form follows function, guys...
And I do believe that this version will make greater strides, and give Toyota and Ferrari the competition they were looking for. This might be the added twist that the WEC needs to knock F1 off that perch, ant take on that "pinnacle" moniker... at least for now.
I think the up down and all over the place BOP would deprive WEC of the credibility needed to be the "pinnacle of motorsport", since it seems its no longer based on a theoretical performance science but rather a number of factors including who is currently "top of the tree" and needs "dragging down".

Anyway, the revised Pug looks good.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 11:15 (Ref:4202682)   #1034
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Most of the work was for the rear (aero
And this means that all BOP data they had on the original 9X8 is no longer valid imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
since it seems its no longer based on a theoretical performance science
That BOPP (balance of potential performance) never really worked without actual on-track data for cars. Get over it, you already said you consider the new BOP formula flawed, we remember that, no need to repeat
Old 25 Mar 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4202686)   #1035
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
God that's beautiful.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 11:48 (Ref:4202687)   #1036
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
And this means that all BOP data they had on the original 9X8 is no longer valid imo.

That BOPP (balance of potential performance) never really worked without actual on-track data for cars. Get over it, you already said you consider the new BOP formula flawed, we remember that, no need to repeat
My apologies, I didn't realise people were taking notes.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 11:48 (Ref:4202688)   #1037
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember when the administration heads were talking about the BoP not being a "pillow"? This is what they were talking about...

https://www.sportscar365.com/lemans/...op-dependency/
Old 25 Mar 2024, 12:09 (Ref:4202692)   #1038
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My apologies, I didn't realise people were taking notes.
No need to take notes, you literally only have one comment, might as well just cut and paste her in
Old 25 Mar 2024, 12:40 (Ref:4202694)   #1039
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No need to take notes, you literally only have one comment, might as well just cut and paste her in
Whoa the pitchforks are out.

Sorry, ill try and do better in the future.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 15:18 (Ref:4202723)   #1040
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 9X8 was sleek, new one is gorgeous. Let's hope it gets Peugeot back to their legacy spot, fighting at the front.

French magazine "autohebdo" has published profile and 3/4 rear view comparison pics where you can slide the images from old to new car.

Amongst visible changes, the dive planes above front splitter have grown bigger. Rear wheels arch openings have been shrinked down.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 15:21 (Ref:4202724)   #1041
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Its interesting how the engine cover fin is not much of a factor here on the revised car...?
Old 25 Mar 2024, 15:23 (Ref:4202725)   #1042
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'm thinking it's going to take a long time for the team to understand the new balance of the car. It's gotta be significantly different between winged and non winged, staggered and square tire set ups.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4202731)   #1043
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'm thinking it's going to take a long time for the team to understand the new balance of the car. It's gotta be significantly different between winged and non winged, staggered and square tire set ups.
I'd have thought the new car would have a lot more rear grip which I understand was the issue with the previous car, however given the new weight distribution (I presume shifted rearwards) then yes, the setup data they have from the previous two years will be likely useless.

I'm interested to know how much of the underbody aero still exists from the previous concept? Is it none, is it half? I know it would have to be reduced due to the wider rear tyres but I'm not sure how much of that got thrown out of the window.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4202732)   #1044
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Well, it shouldn't be long, as everyone else has been practicing for Imola that we'll get a video on their active form. So, keep a lookout on YouTube for one...
Old 25 Mar 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4202762)   #1045
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All three of the liveries they have put on their hypercar have been fantastic.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 20:57 (Ref:4202768)   #1046
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Its interesting how the engine cover fin is not much of a factor here on the revised car...?
As am I. The original had the central engine cover fin in the same configuration-i guess because there was no rear wing it went to the level of the reflex in the rear deck. But, it also had the vertical elements that rose from the inside of the rear fender line, which contributed vertcal area. I never understood if those were counted as a regulatory element of surface area along the central axis, or if they were unrelated to that.

Those still exist on winged car, along with additional ones outboard at the full width of the car. So now, there are three 'slot' zones-over each rear fender, and down the valley between the rear fenders. A lot of vertical surface area with respect to the central axis of the car-is that how they are complying with the regulations?

If it is outside the 'spirit' of the regs, I imagine there would be howling from other manufacturers.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 21:48 (Ref:4202775)   #1047
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, I am presuming the basic idea of the old car is still present, thereby using underfloor aero for primary downforce, but now finding the need for this wing to provide more stability in certain places.

Therefore the old issue of porpoising and poor downforce on bumpy tracks will still be there. Qatar is flat as a pancake as it is a bike track, that is what it was built for and they do not batter and ruin it like F1 dross does, so the issue was masked there, hence their great speed.

Presume this new car means that will still be there, hopefully improved but this will also add downforce when the ground stuff breaks down, seems like a huge compromise to me.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 22:07 (Ref:4202778)   #1048
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's beautiful. Looks fast AF.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 23:22 (Ref:4202785)   #1049
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like this version much more. Yes they have a rear wing like everyone else, but it's still unique with how low it is and the cars shape. Lets see how fast it is at Imola!
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:42 (Ref:4202812)   #1050
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yep a very cool and purposeful looking device!

I reckon they will be right in the hunt...