Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 30 Jul 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3283943)   #126
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
There are a number of possibilities that the V8ST Prototype can be used for, one is obviously as a GT1 Sports sedan, or in XtremeGT, long distance races , etc.
It would make a great enduro car.
Mark, Is it true that the car is not in your hands and has been hidden somewhere due to a finacial dispute.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3283968)   #127
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nah that would never happen with those involved.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3283979)   #128
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Selling the prototype seems a little funny, got to be some interesting stories behind that

Just who is selling it?
Old 31 Jul 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3284016)   #129
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been privy to some of the info behind this, and I don't like it at all, and that is all that I will say.

On a personal note however I believe that V8ST management should donate this car to Tony Quinns museum at Highlands. It would look very good next to Black Beauty, and I think quite a fitting contribution.

But it wont happen of course. The management team seem to be hell-bent on turning this series into a pure money spinner for them and that's it. Hence the lack of quality with everything since the re-shuffle some time ago.

Yeah they still have 'stars in cars' but all they seem to care about from my POV is making some good 'ol $$$$ from the whole thing. Which of course is inevitable as a series has to be sustainable, but when you know the story behind the acquisition of the prototype it all starts to stink a little bit.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3284082)   #130
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I have been privy to some of the info behind this, and I don't like it at all, and that is all that I will say.

On a personal note however I believe that V8ST management should donate this car to Tony Quinns museum at Highlands. It would look very good next to Black Beauty, and I think quite a fitting contribution.

But it wont happen of course. The management team seem to be hell-bent on turning this series into a pure money spinner for them and that's it. Hence the lack of quality with everything since the re-shuffle some time ago.

Yeah they still have 'stars in cars' but all they seem to care about from my POV is making some good 'ol $$$$ from the whole thing. Which of course is inevitable as a series has to be sustainable, but when you know the story behind the acquisition of the prototype it all starts to stink a little bit.
I think you will find the whole V8ST business has been in trouble from the start with the original shareholders burning up around one million dollars in the first year. Then they had to sign over their shareholding to new promoters with significant debt to keep it a float. How long do you think it will take for the new promoters to wake up and realize the lemon they took on doesn't make good business sense. As for the dispute around the prototype car I heard it was stolen from Mark's workshop and a friend of mine told me they saw it in Hamilton recently???
Old 31 Jul 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3284116)   #131
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
I think you will find the whole V8ST business has been in trouble from the start with the original shareholders burning up around one million dollars in the first year. Then they had to sign over their shareholding to new promoters with significant debt to keep it a float. How long do you think it will take for the new promoters to wake up and realize the lemon they took on doesn't make good business sense. As for the dispute around the prototype car I heard it was stolen from Mark's workshop and a friend of mine told me they saw it in Hamilton recently???
Perhaps the wheels are falling off?
Old 31 Jul 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3284121)   #132
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gee that could drag out for a few years
Old 31 Jul 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3284435)   #133
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
where in Hamilton?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3284467)   #134
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
It would make a great enduro car.
Mark, Is it true that the car is not in your hands and has been hidden somewhere due to a finacial dispute.
GT 86.

The car is my possession, so if anyone likes to call around to my workshop in Cain Park Industrial Estate, they can view it for themselves.

Lets be very clear here, there are 11 owners of the car, and we have all agreed the car is to be sold under the terms of the formal COT Investors Deed.

We already have expressions of interest from two potential purchasers that are know to us, and we are confident that the car will find a good home.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3284516)   #135
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
GT 86.

The car is my possession, so if anyone likes to call around to my workshop in Cain Park Industrial Estate, they can view it for themselves.

Lets be very clear here, there are 11 owners of the car, and we have all agreed the car is to be sold under the terms of the formal COT Investors Deed.

We already have expressions of interest from two potential purchasers that are know to us, and we are confident that the car will find a good home.
So Mark are you saying there has been no conflict around the car recently?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3284519)   #136
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
where in Hamilton?
Was hidden by Wayne McLaughlin but understand money has been paid and the car was delivered back to Mark's workshop today
Old 1 Aug 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3284541)   #137
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who really gives 2 toots?

Should we not be more interested in the upcoming round than that of the dealings of car sales?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3284546)   #138
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
who really gives 2 toots?

Should we not be more interested in the upcoming round than that of the dealings of car sales?
I think you you are missing the point. The wheels are coming off!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3284550)   #139
Point2
Rookie

tighten the nuts
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3284551)   #140
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you you are missing the point. The wheels are coming off!
maybe the "snake" was involved, and the bloody things wern't bolted on properly on the first place.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3284561)   #141
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubber necking schoolgirls

You are all hoping like hell the wheels are coming off! If they do it will be bad for New Zealand motorsport. be careful what the sad little people wish for. PS Get a life!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3284563)   #142
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
You are all hoping like hell the wheels are coming off! If they do it will be bad for New Zealand motorsport. be careful what the sad little people wish for. PS Get a life!
did someone touch a raw nerve, cobber ??

is the reality catching up with the truth ??
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3284565)   #143
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
maybe the "snake" was involved, and the bloody things wern't bolted on properly on the first place.
Very astute Joe. A certain "snake" certainly has an axe to grind under his alias CCC whose real name just so happens to rhyme with said slithery creature, say no more.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 1 Aug 2013 at 09:29.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3284570)   #144
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
did someone touch a raw nerve, cobber ??

is the reality catching up with the truth ??
No not really Joe. I just get sick of the small minded crap on here. little nobody no names. Who can't see the wood for the trees. One thing for sure is there are not that many real motorsport people on this site. Maybe we could change the name of this site to Ten ******s. PS Joe, I knew it would only be a matter of time before you got in on the act! C U better thing to do with my time.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3284571)   #145
Point2
Rookie

so any news on Taupo event.
its quiet out there.

young Koefed is chomping at the bit
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3284576)   #146
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Very astute Joe. A certain "snake" certainly has an axe to grind under his alias CCC whose real name just so happens to rhyme with said slithery creature, say no more.
haha, too funny Mr Petch . the one i refer to was, given the title by one of Orix team. knowing him, he could have made the balls up with the Ford NZV8 jig engine ??
Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3284580)   #147
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
so any news on Taupo event.
its quiet out there.

young Koefed is chomping at the bit
Yeah agree Point2.....have seen the new livery of Jack's car and it looks great nice wheels too
Old 1 Aug 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3284602)   #148
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
Interesting when someone post's the truth on here Mark you always avoid answering the real questions! I think we all understand who the snake is that has ****ed motorsport in NZ

Last edited by Woolley; 1 Aug 2013 at 21:21. Reason: Autocensor is there for a reason. Don't dodge it.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3284616)   #149
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
No not really Joe. I just get sick of the small minded crap on here. little nobody no names. Who can't see the wood for the trees. One thing for sure is there are not that many real motorsport people on this site. Maybe we could change the name of this site to Ten ******s. PS Joe, I knew it would only be a matter of time before you got in on the act! C U better thing to do with my time.
what wood, what trees ? apart from my stints assisting at Levels, circuit racing is purely a spectator/entertainment thing for me,, Teir 1 lost the plot many years ago, and unsure if NZST ever had it ???

in on what act ?? you seem to have a personal issue with my posting, do i hit a raw nerve with you, or are you one of a few i suspect you could be. if you hit the radar of one of my suspects,
nothing more to report,
see you in bankruptcy court.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3284626)   #150
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
not all.

not sure if it would be a bad thing either.