Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jul 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3282548)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink "Skaife Gone From V8Supercar Commission" - Speedcafe

Article Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
A physical confrontation between Skaife and one of the paddock’s public relations personnel at a nightspot in Austin, Texas, in May is also thought to have contributed to the situation.

At last... its out there...

Where to for Mr Skaife now?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jul 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3282553)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fingers crossed he gets booted from commentary as well
Old 27 Jul 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3282556)   #3
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any more info on the confrontation? Who else was involved and what was it all about?
Old 28 Jul 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3282607)   #4
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
At last... its out there...
Sort of... who's the mystery 'PR man'?
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3282620)   #5
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
fingers crossed he gets booted from commentary as well
I actually like Skaife in the box, for a Holden guy he doesn't seem as biased....unlike Whincup's loverboy Matt White.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3282622)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Any more info on the confrontation? Who else was involved and what was it all about?
Maybe they should check the police report... ...allegedly of course...
Old 28 Jul 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3282655)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had heard about this from a former team tech a couple of months ago. So who was it he allegedly decked or decked him and why?

Last edited by Amaroo Park; 28 Jul 2013 at 04:58.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3282661)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
I had heard about this from a former team tech a couple of months ago. So who was it he decked and why?
Who said it was Mr Skaife that did the decking?? Allegedly
Old 30 Jul 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3283611)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin heard from this guy who knows this girl that saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavours last night... I mean saw the confrontation where PR person decked Skaife after Skaife 'accidentally' bumped them whle they were carrying a tray of drinks in a crowded bar in Austin.

So I guess it's pretty serious.

That's a second-hand account from someone who says they were there. I won't name the PR person or even where they work because while I trust the person that told me, I haven't corroborated it. But if you know the paddock, it won't be hard to work out just who, and which team, Skaife has antipathy towards.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 04:26 (Ref:3283617)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin heard from this guy who knows this girl that saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavours last night... I mean saw the confrontation where PR person decked Skaife after Skaife 'accidentally' bumped them whle they were carrying a tray of drinks in a crowded bar in Austin.

So I guess it's pretty serious.

That's a second-hand account from someone who says they were there. I won't name the PR person or even where they work because while I trust the person that told me, I haven't corroborated it. But if you know the paddock, it won't be hard to work out just who, and which team, Skaife has antipathy towards.
Sounds like the Austin Follies were a load of laughs...

To get technical because its fun, the alleged other party is said not to be an employee of any team or manufacturer... so any potential antipathy in this regard should likely have been directed elsewhere in order to achieve any effect at all...

1st hand, 2nd hand...

Shoulder charged, bumped...

Alleged, hypothesised...

Gotta job, dont gotta job...

Potato, potarto...

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 31 Jul 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3284011)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe gone now, is not the same as when they vote later in the year...
Old 31 Jul 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3284044)   #12
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
To get technical because its fun, the alleged other party is said not to be an employee of any team or manufacturer... so any potential antipathy in this regard should likely have been directed elsewhere in order to achieve any effect at all...
Perhaps a case of the friend of my enemy is my enemy also.

And a long term contractor (one who became so by replacing a good friend of M.Skaife) wearing the team uniform v PAYG employee is a very fine distinction.

Or maybe because they just don't like each other.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3284054)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Perhaps a case of the friend of my enemy is my enemy also.

And a long term contractor (one who became so by replacing a good friend of M.Skaife) wearing the team uniform v PAYG employee is a very fine distinction.

Or maybe because they just don't like each other.
I hadnt thought about Plastic... that happened a long time ago didnt it? Grudges are obviously held very deep and very long in some quarters.

The veracity of the story is always good fun to understand
Old 1 Aug 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3284446)   #14
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
I hadnt thought about Plastic... that happened a long time ago didnt it? Grudges are obviously held very deep and very long in some quarters.

The veracity of the story is always good fun to understand
Grudges are held until someone does something positive to offset the original grievance. Skaife once told Andrew Clarke to 'Never darken my doorstep again' over the revelations around his ownership of HRT. But over time, with more information, Skaife got over it and he and Clarke paired up to write the Skaife book.

Of course in 'Austin' instance, refer to 'the friend of my enemy...'
Old 3 Aug 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3285350)   #15
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice story about it in today SMH for those who readit
Old 3 Aug 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3285353)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
Nice story about it in today SMH for those who readit
Skaife plays down Texas bar brawl
Old 3 Aug 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3285364)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
You see.. Police reports never lie..

Given the nonsense that went on with the BJR crewman and later with Mr Dutton, Mr Skaife may have found himself lucky not to have been picked up.

Still a strange incident...
Old 3 Aug 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3285380)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most interesting part of the article is this bit

Quote:
The fight was an open secret in the V8 Supercar circles, but journalists were actively discouraged from writing the story
How ridiculous on V8Supercars behalf..... i take it that Stephen Ottley will not be winning anything at the 'V8Supercar Media Awards' at the end of the year now?
Old 3 Aug 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3285484)   #19
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Embarrassing stuff for MS and V8 Supercars, especially when he is representing our sport overseas. Thanks for the work you have put into it, but see you later.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3285522)   #20
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You see.. Police reports never lie..

Still a strange incident...
So the question is whether this we an isolated 'bar' incident or was there some pre-exisitng beef between MS and Gerald McDornan which boiled over in public?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3285549)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

How ridiculous on V8Supercars behalf..... i take it that Stephen Ottley will not be winning anything at the 'V8Supercar Media Awards' at the end of the year now?
Haha I was thinking the same thing. How unusual for V8SC to try and control what journalists are writing
Old 4 Aug 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3285554)   #22
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Haha I was thinking the same thing. How unusual for V8SC to try and control what journalists are writing
Very little motorsport reporting is totally independent
Old 4 Aug 2013, 05:07 (Ref:3285572)   #23
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
There is nothing in that article accusing V8SC of being the party "actively discouraging" journanists from reporting the incident. Could very well have been Holden or Mr McDornan doing that for instance.

I know that some enjoy a good V8SC bash and in this case it might just be true but based on that article, blaming V8SC for disouraging journos is nothing more than an assumption.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3285594)   #24
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The article doesnt confirm that its V8SC no however the next line where it says that Cole Hitchcock originally denied the story is probably a guide.

Additionally, V8SC previous form of penalizing journalists who dont print articles to their approval probably gives weight to the theory as well.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3285640)   #25
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More importantly, is his nose still big?
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19