Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Sep 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3310570)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
That J Sheppard ran two car team of Volvo's with Volvo Australia all over them must be a figment of my imagination.
Volvo did back them in 1986 with the J Sheppard run team.

Howover i was replying to the quote from TWRv12 which read "What other manufacturer wouldn't support their championship winning teams?"

Volvo was one of them, they won the championship then Volvo pulled the support.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3310617)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The BTCC was no different in that regard (Yeah I know, not a good comparison, BUT...), Manufacturers would come in, climb to the top, win the Championship, maybe hang around another year or two at best, then leg it. They pretty much all did it, except Honda, Vauxhall, Toyota and Peugeot.

Why? The job's done. They have the trophies they set out to get. What's next on the agenda?
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3310618)   #28
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, and in regards to Mr Cormpton, wasn't he an ambassador for Subaru for a while there?
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3310627)   #29
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Oh, and in regards to Mr Cormpton, wasn't he an ambassador for Subaru for a while there?
I think he is as independant as you can get from within the sport. But those looking for it will always see things in the shadows.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3310661)   #30
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Volvo did back them in 1986 with the J Sheppard run team.

Howover i was replying to the quote from TWRv12 which read "What other manufacturer wouldn't support their championship winning teams?"

Volvo was one of them, they won the championship then Volvo pulled the support.
Wasn't it the other way around, Francevic won the title, then there was the VDT after ?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3310921)   #31
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wasn't it the other way around, Francevic won the title, then there was the VDT after ?
No,

Francevic ran 9 of the 10 rounds in 1985 in the Mark Petch owned silver 240T (getting two wins) in the year Richards won the title in the JPS BMW.

In 1986 Volvo Australia came on board & John Sheppard took over the team from rd3, Bowe joined the team in a second car, and Francevic won the championship..... he quit/got sacked at Sandown, and then Volvo pulled out after Bathurst '86.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3311214)   #32
mickyv8
Rookie

mickyv8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Crompton is the new independant commissioner does that mean he is leaving the TV coverage? Cant be paid by V8's and be independant can you?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3311223)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyv8 View Post
If Crompton is the new independant commissioner does that mean he is leaving the TV coverage? Cant be paid by V8's and be independant can you?
independant would normally mean either mean he is not a shareholder or he is not connected to a team.

skaife was the independant commisioner and was on the coverage
Old 30 Sep 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3311224)   #34
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyv8 View Post
Waffle will still do both, because , they think he is a guru and know when talk things commision and when to waffle on 7

While Crompton’s commercial ties with various aspect of the sport ensured some resistance to his appointment as the Independent, Waburton says that the former driver’s knowledge will be of invaluable benefit.
“Neil has an amazing depth of knowledge of V8 Supercars which he imparts with great wisdom on and off the television screen,” said Warburton.
“I have met very few people with such an extensive understanding of the industry combined with an amazing passion.
“Neil will be a great successor to Chris who did such an outstanding job in the first two years of the Commission.”
Old 1 Oct 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3311323)   #35
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
Quote:
No,

Francevic ran 9 of the 10 rounds in 1985 in the Mark Petch owned silver 240T (getting two wins) in the year Richards won the title in the JPS BMW.

In 1986 Volvo Australia came on board & John Sheppard took over the team from rd3, Bowe joined the team in a second car, and Francevic won the championship..... he quit/got sacked at Sandown, and then Volvo pulled out after Bathurst '86.
Sorry, yes you are correct. It was the all white Mark Petch livery from the first two rounds that I was thinking of. I'll go and flog myself with an Ikea catalogue as punishment.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3311339)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sorry, yes you are correct. It was the all white Mark Petch livery from the first two rounds that I was thinking of. I'll go and flog myself with an Ikea catalogue as punishment.

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Oct 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3311394)   #37
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
That's the one. Where was the 2nd car sourced from ?
Old 1 Oct 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3311401)   #38
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Where was the 2nd car sourced from ?
Sent over from Europe (RHD). They then built up a third one which was (supposed to be) debuted in the Sandown 500.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3311806)   #39
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
Quote:
Sent over from Europe (RHD). They then built up a third one which was (supposed to be) debuted in the Sandown 500.
OK, what became of the third car ?