Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2003, 07:33 (Ref:631802)   #1
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mark Skaife Show

During this afternoon's Superstars even my mother commented that Skaife has to have is say on everything.

Try to keep your mouth shut for five minutes Skaife.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 08:17 (Ref:631813)   #2
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it's only Skaife either, I think Ingall is also hogging the limelight, not as much as Skaifey, but I wouldn't say he's innocent from it either.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 08:33 (Ref:631819)   #3
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to Skaife there are a few of the drivers that get carried away with their own importance & like to have a view on everything.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 09:21 (Ref:631840)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe buying HRT also bought him V8 SUperstars for 10 years
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jun 2003, 09:40 (Ref:631847)   #5
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There may be a connection there GTR
Old 15 Jun 2003, 12:13 (Ref:631897)   #6
Acj 428
Rookie

Acj 428 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scaife is the biggest hipercrit I have ever seen, He bags ambrose for having a better motor than Ingall yet he has all the best engines and parts in his motor available over his team mates, Then he bags Ambrose for hitting forbes yet he keeps forgeting Phillip Isl and Murphy??????
Old 15 Jun 2003, 14:03 (Ref:631948)   #7
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you ever heard of the word sarcasam! You guys make me laugh. The other drivers have just as much time to talk, it's not Skaife's or Ingalls fault that they sit there mute. I thought it was very entertaining and it doesn't surprise yet again that all Skaife bashing starts. Go and get a life, at least Skaife has the success on the board to back up his comments, Ingall or the others haven't even won a championship besides Brock and Johnson. Although I think Ambrose will have one in 6 months time.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:05 (Ref:632301)   #8
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it just me or did Brocky look particularly stressed during that show!

The classic bit was when Russel said something like, "so Brocky, you get your engines from HRT", and all the colour disappeared from Brockies face, obviously not knowing where that line of questioning was going, and Billy Woods quickly interupted saying that they would get onto that topic later, and promptly went to an add brake. Priceless!

I think it was a harmless question though, and following his comments about HRT giving them 6 cylinder engines instead of 8's, seemed to clear up that line of questioning.

I'm sure that Jimmy and Ross Stone are happy about Marcus saying that he has 640hp, umm, 630, ummmmmmm .....
Old 15 Jun 2003, 22:17 (Ref:632378)   #9
its my opinion
Rookie

its my opinion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe you people can't see the obvious. Those with a personality shine, those without one don't. Brock is so full of his own self importance that a question from left field throws him.

It looked to me that Steven Richards (who is a good driver) was struggling a bit too.

It took Dick a little while to get the gist of the show, and was firing some good ones by the end.

I love the format it give you the opportunity to see a little bit of the real person.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 23:05 (Ref:632417)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you think an SBR engine has only 640bhp, you might not be correct

Skaife dominates these guys, Ambrose has said he doesnt like the publicity stuff, Rusty seems to have most of his stuff pre-prepared, Brad Jones just hangs junk on himself and his country bumpkin team, Murf tweake Skaife's nose, but is careful as he might be his new boss soon, and wheoever else fills the void are not experienced or clever enough to fight off the barrage from the Red One

Lowndes was previously useless on that show, same as Jr (did you notice Jr was the only driver alluding to a 10 year deal being a lease not a buy, and mentioning the bank account) and McConville...

Have we got a breed of boring racing drivers?
Old 15 Jun 2003, 23:31 (Ref:632432)   #11
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's nothing to do with how many Championships people have won, it's about what sort of person they are. Some guys are racers and don't do the publicity thing well, others like Skaife are just opinionated. Personally, I have no problem with someone having an opinion, what I do have a problem with is someone like Skaife having an opinion on something right through someone else trying to talk about their opinion.

Skaife can have his opinion no problem, but he needs a nice hot cup of shut the f*uck up when someone else is trying to talk. That's plain rude and unclassy, and I don't care how many races he's won.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 23:53 (Ref:632438)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But would the show be as good if Skaife wasnt there to cause trouble??

Maybe they should test that theory?? Substitute Toddler for Skaife?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 00:45 (Ref:632459)   #13
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
It ruins the show sometimes. Someone is talking about something you want to hear about and it gets sidetracked by a smartarse comment. It was funny, once.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 01:43 (Ref:632496)   #14
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the way Brad Jones back **** on himself because he knows if he doesn't, MS and RI will as soon as he opens his mouth. Much better BJ gets the laughs than the other two.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:55 (Ref:632585)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The quote from DJ was a classic, when talking about owner drivers said something along the lines that BJ only owned half of BJR and was going only half all right

We need a SORF show, for Forbes, Kelly squared, Weel, Wills, Ellery, Johnson, Richards J, Morris, Dumbrell.... and lets see if the way they act in public inspires sponsors to want to invest in them.....
Old 16 Jun 2003, 07:11 (Ref:632600)   #16
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott75 you couldnt be more right, the show was pretty entertaining and these morons cant get over their blind hate for skaife and relax for an hour and a half
Old 16 Jun 2003, 08:53 (Ref:632690)   #17
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One important thing to remember is that we really only see about a half of what goes on with selective editing etc.

The only way to get to know any of these clowns is go to the circus and talk to them, when there are no cameras around!!!!!!

Some people would be very surprised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:21 (Ref:632718)   #18
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz

The classic bit was when Russel said something like, "so Brocky, you get your engines from HRT", and all the colour disappeared from Brockies face,
I agree Dazz

Peter looked like he was ready to blow his cool.

That was excellent television, what a pity they didn't quiz Peter about it.
This was the first I heard of this , has it been hush hush or do I need to read more motorsport mags ?
Old 17 Jun 2003, 01:26 (Ref:633685)   #19
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Brock have a sweat. Love it.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:08 (Ref:633724)   #20
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
If you think an SBR engine has only 640bhp, you might not be correct

Skaife dominates these guys, Ambrose has said he doesnt like the publicity stuff, Rusty seems to have most of his stuff pre-prepared, Brad Jones just hangs junk on himself and his country bumpkin team, Murf tweake Skaife's nose, but is careful as he might be his new boss soon, and wheoever else fills the void are not experienced or clever enough to fight off the barrage from the Red One

Lowndes was previously useless on that show, same as Jr (did you notice Jr was the only driver alluding to a 10 year deal being a lease not a buy, and mentioning the bank account) and McConville...

Have we got a breed of boring racing drivers?

I think it was possibly foolish for Ambrose to decline publicity stuff- he is the public face of Ford Racing in this country atm, and should he lift the Championship from Skaife/HRT, then the publicity will increase and the expectations from his overlords will also increase.

Rightly or wrongly, Skaife is the number 1 at the highest profile team in the country. It would be odd, would it not, for him to be silent on any issue, regardless of his obvious liking of airing his opinions. Just as well HRT have someone who can and does speak up- he's thinking of the public profile of the team more than ever now, so keeping its name up in lights whilst SBR do a job on them with ever-increasing regularity must be worthwhile somewhere.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 17 Jun 2003, 07:26 (Ref:633831)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The person to complain to about how much Skaife/Ingall talk on the show is the scriptwriter for the show.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 03:06 (Ref:635126)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only scripts are the questions that Bill Woods fires at the driver/team managers. Now, if he could direct them to the "quieter" ones first like Steve Richards then the brawls would take longer to get going. Personally, I don't mind Ingall and Skaife arguing as much as they do. It's better than the PR spin-doctor speak like "we hope to do well, we're getting there" stuff.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:11 (Ref:635213)   #23
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife is a legend, well his mum probably think so anyway
Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:43 (Ref:635234)   #24
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife reminds me of TGF
Old 18 Jun 2003, 08:51 (Ref:635295)   #25
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone correct me if im wrong, but at the $97 a head Perth Superstars, they filled everyone full of beer beforehand so it gave more of a yobbo effect?