Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Mar 2024, 18:44 (Ref:4203332)   #451
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
There's some really braindead people in that comment section.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4203336)   #452
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's quite amusing reading a lot of the comments on SC365 and Facebook etc. A LOT of butthurt people.

Vista AF Corse (LMGT3) have also been fined 60,000€ (30,000€ suspended) for concealing operational personnel. They ended up submitted three different staff lists with engineers names appearing and disappearing. The engineers were spotted working in the garage by an official and then proceed to lie when confronted.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 19:23 (Ref:4203337)   #453
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oh I understand that but a 3D scan to determine compliance is orders of magnitude of cost increase over hand tools, scales or height measure. They didn't say oh we found the strakes looked odd or bent and measured but we 3D scanned the car, found a violation and when provided information still said no good, you're booted. You've now said EVERY team needs to 3D scan every piece of equipment to verify they're compliant, I'm sure that's not something you grab from the bargain bin at Amazon

No, I am not against booting cheats, I would have preferred MSR booted from the series for the nonsense last year cause that wasn't a little issue. But for a deficiency that can be verified as Friday afternoon build at Dallara strikes me as fine or yellow card like strike. And would require open disclosure of yes, this is was found, this is the documentation of issue and supplier comment. And the next time, yup that's paddling time Jasper

The deficiency could have gained them an advantage though.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 20:36 (Ref:4203351)   #454
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Indeed but I still prefer when it's possible to write a comment about the article, even if it's dumb On some sites you can't write any comments.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 20:40 (Ref:4203352)   #455
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari just put up a fantastic 23 minute documentary of their race in Qatar

https://youtu.be/LGjD1op26UU?si=iBFf29DZFrHduIxI
Old 30 Mar 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4203412)   #456
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
The deficiency could have gained them an advantage though.
Could have, but doesn't seem like much here. My biggest gripe isn't about the penalty, but why has this taken weeks to announce? I presume they scanned the car at the event after the race? If it was deemed bad then, why wait until now to announce.

Also, don't they do pre-event scrutineering, so this was maybe a different body panel? Or do they not scan pre-race?
Old 1 Apr 2024, 13:53 (Ref:4203508)   #457
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
You've defined the dumpster fires that are S365 and Racer comment sections. If every driver ever in an IMSA event posted there still would be 500 extra I've raced before experts posting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could have, but doesn't seem like much here. My biggest gripe isn't about the penalty, but why has this taken weeks to announce? I presume they scanned the car at the event after the race? If it was deemed bad then, why wait until now to announce.

Also, don't they do pre-event scrutineering, so this was maybe a different body panel? Or do they not scan pre-race?
That's my problem, and from the comments from all parties it appears they all agree there was no benefit to be had from the part.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 04:51 (Ref:4203561)   #458
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's hard to believe how bad the WEC is at basic comms. The website and app have no news of the Caddy disqualification, the results still show the Caddy in 4th place, the points tables have not been updated on the app and I couldn't even find the points tables on the website. Just amazing.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4203582)   #459
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Their website feels like "my cousin knows web development, he can do it".
Old 2 Apr 2024, 22:36 (Ref:4203659)   #460
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Their website feels like "my cousin knows web development, he can do it".
Yeah, and he can do the app too
Old 3 Apr 2024, 07:46 (Ref:4203687)   #461
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is pathetically bad, especially when you pay a fair penny to watch it and it doesn't even cover a full year, I desubbed the moment I found that out and will NEVER sub again.

Just a cheap effort at money grabbing, one of the worst websites for a top line series in the world, mind you IMSA is not much better.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 18:09 (Ref:4203758)   #462
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ess-from-afar/
Antonio probably wishes he wasn't forced out of Porsche's sportscar programme.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 00:10 (Ref:4203789)   #463
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It's hard to believe how bad the WEC is at basic comms. The website and app have no news of the Caddy disqualification, the results still show the Caddy in 4th place, the points tables have not been updated on the app and I couldn't even find the points tables on the website. Just amazing.
Finally updated. They must be reading tentenths haha.

Porsche. 39
Toyota. 23
Ferrari. 18
Alpine. 15
BMW. 9
Lamborghini. 2
Peugeot. 0
Isotta Fraschini. 0
Cadillac. 0
Old 4 Apr 2024, 09:33 (Ref:4203806)   #464
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
it is pathetically bad, especially when you pay a fair penny to watch it and it doesn't even cover a full year, I desubbed the moment I found that out and will NEVER sub again.

Just a cheap effort at money grabbing, one of the worst websites for a top line series in the world, mind you IMSA is not much better.
Huh? My subscription lets me watch the full season.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 09:36 (Ref:4203808)   #465
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Habsburg may miss the Imola round after a crash at Aragon in the Alpine resulted in him fracturing 2 lumbar vertebrae.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ld-miss-imola/
Old 4 Apr 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4203872)   #466
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Yeah, and he can do the app too
On the topic of bad ACO websites, the ELMS website current states that the ELMS race is at 11:30 UK time, and 11:30 Spanish time. However, Spain and the UK are an hour apart.

I didn't know how to do software development and literally managed to build an app to do this. And the ACO still can't.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 22:52 (Ref:4203886)   #467
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Habsburg may miss the Imola round after a crash at Aragon in the Alpine resulted in him fracturing 2 lumbar vertebrae.

Ooh, that sounds nasty. Hope he makes a full and swift recovery. I wonder if Gounon will get a run or if they just run with two drivers.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4203896)   #468
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. Not sure how severe it is but I'm guessing he sits out Imola and returns for Spa.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 00:29 (Ref:4203897)   #469
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ouch. All the best to him.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4205026)   #470
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just thinking about it...

If McLaren produces a Hypercar, what would they choose to base their chassis on? LMH or LMDh?

They do have a 3.8 L V-8 engine they make and race. Just add turbo and hybrid system, ready to go. As for outer body styling, originally was thinking 670/720, but with a few tweaks, I'm also thinking P1/Senna.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 11:35 (Ref:4205027)   #471
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They would go GTP to be able to produce faster with a known commodity, and have 2 series to market cars to
Old 15 Apr 2024, 13:17 (Ref:4205036)   #472
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...burg-at-imola/
Habsburg still recovering so Gounon makes a quick debut after joining Alpine's factory roster.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4205115)   #473
Mike E
Veteran

Imola FP3 YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/live/S87eZ1S...Qmhy9qqWWq7CJl
Old 20 Apr 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4205591)   #474
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
All those people complaining about BOP and Porsche in Qatar...

Ferrari have lead EVERY session in Imola.
Old 20 Apr 2024, 21:24 (Ref:4205639)   #475
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All those people complaining about BOP and Porsche in Qatar...

Ferrari have lead EVERY session in Imola.

Ferrari can do no wrong remember?