Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Aug 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4173466)   #76
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bagnaia ……………… then 5,4" later Binder and Bezzecchi. The last one had a lot of fun and proved he can brake hard and late. Sometimes very late! Good fun.
Old 20 Aug 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4173483)   #77
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another quality performance from Bagnaia and Ducati, just measured supremacy. World dominance by Ducati this year in WSBK, BSB and MotoGP. It would seem that the Japanese have been very slow to adapt to engine and aero changes whereas the European teams led by Ducati have readily and successfully adapted quickly. It's good to see the likes of the relatively small teams like KTM have found some pace to challenge Ducati perhaps unsurprisingly the European teams were quick off the mark in employing F1 aero people with their bikes. Personally I detest all these wing additions and the level of electronic aids is astonishing which is why I much prefer the more purist national championship in the BSB.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 07:59 (Ref:4173535)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Musical chairs game has started, Johann Zarco wont ride for Ducati any more whatever the team. He accepted an increase in salary and will go for Honda LCR. It is said that Pramac wanted to keep him with while Ducati made a very low financial offer. Is it to mean that he's been virtually fired by Ducati when Pramac wanted to keep him? Franco Morbidelli could go for Ducati but only if Marco Bezzecchi stays with VR46 which is not sure ATM.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4173540)   #79
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Franco Morbidelli could go for Ducati but only if Marco Bezzecchi stays with VR46 which is not sure ATM.
VRossi on the grid confirmed that both riders will stay for next year.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4173545)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you, JR. A good thing I feel.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 11:15 (Ref:4174868)   #81
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Very close gaps at Barcelona Q2, matter of thenths of a second between Bagnaia on pole and Zarco 6th. Remains an italian bike affair tho, we have one Ducati three Aprilia's and three Ducati's! Binder and his KTM are 9th. First non-EU bike, Honda/M Marquez 12th.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4175021)   #82
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well it can all happen in the blink of an eye ! after a first corner crash that red flagged the MotoGP most of the riders that went down were able to get back out for the restart. All got through on the first corner this time only for Bagnaia to have an enormous hi-side (of his own doing) on the next left hander, laying in the track he was hit by Brad Binder and taken to hospital. At this moment I haven't heard the extent of his injuries but it looked bad. With only a short space between race meetings it doesn't look good for the championship leader unfortunately
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Sep 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4175024)   #83
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems he dodged a bullet and has escaped serious injury
Quote:
. The world championship leader then had his leg run over by KTM’s Brad Binder, who could do nothing to avoid him.

Bagnaia, along with team-mate Enea Bastianini – who triggered a pile-up at Turn 1 – was taken to the medical centre, before being transferred to hospital.

Speaking to Spanish television, Doctor Angel Charte says Bagnaia “is fine” and appears to have escaped serious injury.

He is to undergo a CAT scan today to check “a small injury” that has been detected, to determine whether it’s old or new.

“Pecco is fine,” Dr Charte told DAZN.

“He had a severe polytraumatism. A motorcycle has passed over his femoral and tibial area.

“We have taken an X-ray and we have detected a small injury that we don't know if it is current or old.

“We need to do an urgent CAT scan, which will be done at the Hospital General de Catalunya. At cranial and thoracic level everything has been normal. He was oriented [conscious].”
source Autosport

Bastianini has a leg fracture and also a hand fracture
Old 3 Sep 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4175041)   #84
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Other source say Bagania safe at home ATM. Was just…
Old 3 Sep 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4175044)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to see two Aprilia's on the podium and Zarco finishing fourth. FIM stewards panel was glad to show that the new tyre pressure monitoring system works fine. Seems Viñales was not too impressed by the warning he got tho!
Old 6 Sep 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4175401)   #86
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Always horrendous to see a rider fall in front of packed chasing field, I understand he's very lucky not to have a serious injury. Solid race win for Jake Dixon in Moto2 after tight battle, Canet tried so hard for the lead, super racing from the front guys. I'm wondering who will sub for Ducati on the 2nd works bike next round?
Old 6 Sep 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4175405)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Strange enough, both Honda and Yamaha announce they will test on monday after the race… Japanese version of monday morning quarterback?

Bastianini won't be replaced it seems and Bagnaia is waiting for doctor's advice. Will he ride on friday?
Old 7 Sep 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4175598)   #88
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Updating my "maniac" calculations after Catalunya.

I try to watch every practice, qualy and race in the 3 cats (even qualy and races of Moto E!) . With so many things to watch , I usually end watching the races on Wednesday! That the reason I can not enter here until late in the week. I watch everything delayed, I prefer to be able to pause or replay the video as I want.

Code:
Moto 3
    Gap  LRG      
HOL   0       contender
SAS  13   4.3 contender
MAS  32  10.7 contender?
ONC  33  11.0 contender?
ORT  37  12.3 contender?
ALO  46  15.3 alive
MOR  67  22.3 alive
RUE  80  26.7 out       

Moto 2  
    Gap  LRG     
ACO   0   0    contender
ARB  22   7.3  contender
DIX  44  14.7  alive
CAN  70  23.3  alive
LOP  86  28.7  out

MotoGP
     Gap  LRG
BAG    0   0   contender
JMAR  50  15.7 alive
BEZ   71  22.3 alive
BIN   94  29.5 out
Just a few notes:

Moto3: Masia, Oncu and Ortola theoretically can become full-fledged contenders if they are a in front of Holgado in the next race. Moreira will be "probabilistically" out if he is behind Holgado.

Moto2: Arbolino could lose his position as contender if he loses more than 7 points to Acosta in the next race. Canet will be out if he is behind Acosta in the next race.

MotoGP: A priori, nobody is a true contender against Pecco but the current situation could change this... Bezzechi risks being out if he lost 9 points to Bagnaia in the next weekend... but who knows if it is even possible.

("Contender" would be someone with >10% of chance to overtake the leader in points.
"Out" would be someone with <1% of chance to overtake the leader in points. Always in approximate terms.)
Old 8 Sep 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4175692)   #89
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice and helpful job thanks. May be "just" one point, may be you could consider an alternative to the "alive" word which would not be "valid".
Old 8 Sep 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4175695)   #90
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Marco Bezzecchi seems in great shape together with Maverick Viñales at Misano! What to say about Dani Pedrosa? What a phoenix!
Old 8 Sep 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4175709)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
" Japan is reacting" says Marc Marquez. Ha yes, good words, but if you read till the end you'll see that he's not so happy with his actual bike. Will be interesting to see what Stephan Bradl can do riding what is called a 2024 prototype. I don't think Marquez will be impressed. https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...ance/10517845/
Old 8 Sep 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4175710)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Who is reacting? The two Marquez bros joining Gresini for 2024? Serious? https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...itch/10517462/ Flirt or mariage?
Old 8 Sep 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4175729)   #93
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well it's been a long time coming, with skills such as MM possesses there is only so long you will put up with poor machinery. To be honest I'm surprised he hasn't jumped long ago.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 07:59 (Ref:4175777)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
To be honest I'm surprised he hasn't jumped long ago.
+ 1.
Old 10 Sep 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4176036)   #95
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Heroic Bagnaia finishing third! Martin, Bezzecchi, Bagnaia for the podium, then Pedrosa (!!), Viñales, Oliveira and Marquez (first japanese bike). The three last laps have been difficult for some, like Bagnaia threatened by Pedrosa and Marquez by Fernandez (RNF).
Old 15 Sep 2023, 08:32 (Ref:4176706)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last Monday private tests were of importance for the two japanese teams. I hesitate between no really convincing and other words…
Fabio: "In 2022, when I tested the 2023 bike, it was the first time I felt the engine was slightly better but today I didn't feel it" adding that Cal has the same feeling when testing on other tracks. Seems the Yam' team are still struggling to find engineers/mechanics leading Meragalli to moan about:"Unfortunately, we lost a little time this morning because we had an electrical problem that took us almost two hours to resolve”. Did they catch the squirrel malediction?
Old 15 Sep 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4176707)   #97
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mir re the 2024 Honda (between reality and light BS): "We're still far away" adding "It's certain that we haven't made big progress, we're far from it, but I felt that it was a little better, especially on worn tires." MM still holding his future decision. Can Alberto convince him? Will good words from Nakagami help: "Honestly, the performance of the bike is not... I expected much better". Ha yes, better? How much better?
Old 23 Sep 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4177907)   #98
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
India MotoGP Sprint race: Jorge Martin, Bagnaia and… Marc Marquez! Brad Binder came from nowhere to finish fourth while the poleman Marco Bezzecchi had to push hard after a collision with Luca Marini having sent him last position to finish fifth. Entertaining and promising.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 11:10 (Ref:4178057)   #99
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well what a dramatic Indian GP. Championship cut down siginifacantly. Hard work out there the riders certainly earned their bread today. Martin fainted apparently at the end there. Not much time to recover tho. Straight on to Japan.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4178078)   #100
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes indeed. Bezzecchi on another planet. The best idea they had was to improvise another warm-up to test the track in wet conditions. Really well done.

Does Fabio managing to finish third mean the "new engine" is more user friendly? Or the frame only? Both may be. In Japan we'll have some answers to Fabio and Marc requirements.