Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Sep 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4178105)   #101
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes indeed. Bezzecchi on another planet.
Yep, dominant ride, it would have been really interesting to see how his team mate performed as well had it not been for that lap 1 crashfest in the sprint race.Good to see MM and Quartararo in the picture. Given the strong spectator attendance at Budhh I'm just wondering if there's a marketing opportunity for Royal Enfield tuning parts?
Old 25 Sep 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4178257)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Given the strong spectator attendance at Budhh I'm just wondering if there's a marketing opportunity for Royal Enfield tuning parts?
Who knows! Not only the crowd was huge but buoyant and noisy too. Every action was greeted with cries of admiration. Another good idea was to put mikes (I suppose) in the GS. Enjoyable and so authentic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVVCWelBQyo
Old 27 Sep 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4178481)   #103
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Given the strong spectator attendance at Budhh I'm just wondering if there's a marketing opportunity for Royal Enfield tuning parts?
In the 60s I had a Royal Enfield 700cc Constellation that was OK but was a heavy bike, I even rode it to the 1965 TT.
I seem to remember something happened to the engine and (as back then) they weren't the most popular bike and not worth a lot so I just left it in the garden until I scrapped it !
I then bought a brand new Bonneville for £265 in1967 that I then traded in for a Honda 4 cylinder K1 that cost £600 ! I had that for a while and had a job to flog it and I seem to remember that I got £350-£400 for it!
Oh to have the foresight into the future with old bikes and cars prices years later!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Sep 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4178595)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh to have the foresight into the future with old bikes and cars prices years later!
Don't tell me about.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4178852)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Back to MotoGP, Jorge Martin wins the sprint race in Japan and closes the championship to 8 points behind Bagnaia, will he do the same in the GP tomorrow ? or will it be Martin's time to make a "mistake"? Whatever, it is not a one horse race this year
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4178874)   #106
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Back to MotoGP, Jorge Martin wins the sprint race in Japan and closes the championship to 8 points behind Bagnaia, will he do the same in the GP tomorrow ? or will it be Martin's time to make a "mistake"? Whatever, it is not a one horse race this year
It seems incredible that it's now so close at the front and we still have a lot more races to come, great viewing
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4178894)   #107
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
It seems incredible that it's now so close at the front and we still have a lot more races to come, great viewing
Not exactly like F1 is it
Old 1 Oct 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4179098)   #108
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well in appalling conditions and half points for a stopped race Jorge Martin won again!, with Bagnaia 2nd and Mark Marquez 3rd it now means 3 points between the top 2 contenders for the championship
Old 1 Oct 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4179109)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well in appalling conditions and half points for a stopped race Jorge Martin won again!, with Bagnaia 2nd and Mark Marquez 3rd it now means 3 points between the top 2 contenders for the championship
Gordon, I think you will find they got to half distance and therefore full points were awarded.

From the official MotoGP website:
Quote:
With 13 of 24 laps completed, a restart would happen if conditions were to improve, but that was a big if. It seemed that conditions had cleared enough for a restart, but before they could complete the warm up lap, the red flag was waved once again, and a race result was declared. As over 50% of the race had been completed, full points were awarded.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...hriller/479013

But the championship gap is 3 points.... 319 for Bagnaia 316 for Martin

Bagnaia scored 27 points for the weekend.... 7 yesterday and 20 today
Martin scored 37 points.... 12 yesterday and 25 today

Full championship classification: https://resources.motogp.com/files/r...NjA1MS4wLjAuMA..
Old 1 Oct 2023, 11:49 (Ref:4179112)   #110
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Full championship classification: https://resources.motogp.com/files/r...NjA1MS4wLjAuMA..
Yep, strange I think. Like everybody else i assumed they had to complete 75% to get full points. Certainly makes for a serious championship fight.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4179113)   #111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Strange too is what happened to Zarco.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4179171)   #112
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another dramatic race. Shame the rain cut it short but a good call from race control for a change. Tight as you like in the championship. I'm going to declare my allegiance to Martin for the championship. Go on Jorge.
Old 2 Oct 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4179269)   #113
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Why not? Go on Jorge. And some others too…
Old 2 Oct 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4179309)   #114
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Whoever wins it this year my money is that they will be riding a Ducati
Old 3 Oct 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4179468)   #115
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 15 Oct 2023, 21:45 (Ref:4181671)   #116
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just caught up with Indonesia. Great performance from Martin in the sprint. He was like a bullet off the line in the main race. Such a shame he binned it with a decent lead. Good luck falls Peccos way again. The championship has extended slightly in Peccos favour. But in all honesty it shouldn't be this close anyway. Pecco should have virtually wrapped up the championship by now.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 04:40 (Ref:4181693)   #117
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, not sure Jorge Martin is the sharpest tool in the shed, pushing that hard with such a lead. Good to see Fabio Q looking the business again, and the finish was close between the top 3.... even if Bags was just being clever on the last lap and just doing what he needed to do to cross the line first. No bonus points for winning by more than a few metres.
Marquez had another horror weekend, ending both races on his backside. He must be longing for the season to end.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4181717)   #118
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
That one line on such a dirty circuit made it pretty treacherous and very boring.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4182252)   #119
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Phillip Island had to bring forward the main race for the premier class.... now swapped with the Sprint race so the main race was Saturday. Sprint race now Sunday 13:00 local time. Reason is extreme weather expected Sunday pm.

I wont spoil the result but I have never, ever, seen a final lap like it. I will leave it at that . Just dont blink for the last two or three laps when you watch it if you havent already! If you have watched already you will know what I mean
Old 21 Oct 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4182298)   #120
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
If you have watched already you will know what I mean
Old 21 Oct 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4182299)   #121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
When you think that some didn't want him to ride this bike anymore… Well done.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4182307)   #122
N Martin
Racer

Having the main race today has confused me. (Though that doesn't take much I admit) But quite a dramatic race. The tyre gamble almost paid off for Martin. So close yet so far away. And pipped by Binder in the final corner gives Pecco a big advantage at this late stage of the season. Absolutely chuffed for Zarco though. About time he got that win.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4182318)   #123
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
And Zarco joins that quite exclusive Club of French riders who have ever won a MotoGP race.

Fabio of course leads the way, but just three others until today

Pierre Monneret who won the 1954 French GP
Christian Sarron won the 1985 German GP
Régis Laconi won the 1999 Valencian GP.

And then Zarco today winning the Australian GP at P.I.

Plus he is the first Frenchman to win an Australian MotoGP race
Old 22 Oct 2023, 12:31 (Ref:4182435)   #124
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
He's been very clean and calm. Very clever to squeeze Martin when overtaking, like Valentino always did. Good to see him on the podium.
Old 23 Oct 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4182638)   #125
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Phillip Island
I wont spoil the result but I have never, ever, seen a final lap like it. I will leave it at that . Just dont blink for the last two or three laps when you watch it if you havent already! If you have watched already you will know what I mean
Thanks so much for not letting the cat out of the bag Sensational race and what a contrast to the Indonesian round, great racing on a great circuit with a surprisingly great result.