Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Mar 2024, 12:29 (Ref:4199882)   #176
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I had one short stream failure - about a minute - but otherwise it was absolutely fine on the FIAWEC.tv on my pc.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4199924)   #177
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Regarding Motortrend On Demand and replays - Qatar 1812 is available for replay on the app today. Not sure exactly when it became available, but it was less than 24 hours after race finish. Curiously, qualifying is not available.
Thanks, I went back and watched the start since i missed first few hours live.

I think Qualy may be on WEC youtube channel. At least highlights.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 17:36 (Ref:4199938)   #178
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Could not find Q videos either. Race highlights are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CoAHA24F-U
Old 4 Mar 2024, 17:55 (Ref:4199942)   #179
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm hoping they continue to post the full races on YouTube 2 weeks after the event, but I did sign up for Qatar to see the race before Sebring.

It baffles me why they can't just do a membership option through YouTube (IMSA should also take note), but I'm guessing the deal with Sportall is too good to let go for now.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 19:12 (Ref:4199951)   #180
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave up watching the qualifying on YT earlier, it is just appalling directing.

I dont know who this cretin of a director is, but this utter obsession with pit reaction is infuriating, 10 seconds on car, 10 secs looking at people standing in a pit, 10 secs of car, another 10 secs of Rossi, 10 secs of car, 10 secs of man looking up at a screen.

It is truly some of the wrst television sports coverage I have ever seen.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 19:23 (Ref:4199953)   #181
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I gave up watching the qualifying on YT earlier, it is just appalling directing.

I dont know who this cretin of a director is, but this utter obsession with pit reaction is infuriating, 10 seconds on car, 10 secs looking at people standing in a pit, 10 secs of car, another 10 secs of Rossi, 10 secs of car, 10 secs of man looking up at a screen.

It is truly some of the wrst television sports coverage I have ever seen.
It was the same last year, just with more 'slow-mo/arty' shots - the Qatar coverage didn't have many of those so that's one improvement.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 12:25 (Ref:4200065)   #182
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
It baffles me why they can't just do a membership option through YouTube (IMSA should also take note), but I'm guessing the deal with Sportall is too good to let go for now.
Youtube supports geoblocking, so exclusive rights can't be the reason.

- Youtube/Google takes a cut from the subscription fee and there might be less leeway on pricing and type of subscription (only monthly, I think)
- can't do full branding, it would be more "Youtube" and less "WEC TV" and can't plaster the page with series partner logos

I guess these two reasons are why most series prefer to stick to their own platforms even if they're crappy year after year. Australian Supercars do this Youtube thing but they have also retained their own platform.

Last edited by deggis; 5 Mar 2024 at 12:30.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4200095)   #183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They could put up the price to cover those fees and put it on YouTube.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 13:11 (Ref:4200224)   #184
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Youtube supports geoblocking, so exclusive rights can't be the reason.

- Youtube/Google takes a cut from the subscription fee and there might be less leeway on pricing and type of subscription (only monthly, I think)
- can't do full branding, it would be more "Youtube" and less "WEC TV" and can't plaster the page with series partner logos

I guess these two reasons are why most series prefer to stick to their own platforms even if they're crappy year after year. Australian Supercars do this Youtube thing but they have also retained their own platform.
YT full race replay coming Saturday!
Old 6 Mar 2024, 22:19 (Ref:4200275)   #185
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else had enough of Martin Haven? I like his enthusiasm but...
Having waited for the YouTube availability, I'm watching qualifying now.
In the first 20 minutes he's tried to say that the modifications for LMGT3 is so that a GT3 car can withstand 24 hours (spa or nurburgring anyone?) and showed a complete misunderstanding of reading the timing screens
Old 7 Mar 2024, 03:38 (Ref:4200292)   #186
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
He's often wrong and I heard more than once Anthony Davidson correcting him, albeit in a calm manner.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 06:59 (Ref:4200303)   #187
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Too often Haven just doesn't know when to shut up.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4200310)   #188
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like Haven. I guess I'm used to him as I was listening to him on the RLM videos way back in the 90's. He makes mistakes but, if we're honest, most of the motorsport commentators make mistakes. I'd love to have a £ for every time I've mentally corrected a commentator over the years for something I know to be inaccurate.....
Old 7 Mar 2024, 13:19 (Ref:4200351)   #189
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He can sometimes not drop a topic even when it is done. Can be annoying, but he’s good. The enthusiasm works.
You need a primary commentator, neither Graham nor Anthony’s role is that and their contribution would be diminished if it was.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 04:56 (Ref:4200433)   #190
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Enthusiasm is great. I just wish he'd be more accurate with what he's saying. But the commentating is probably not my main gripe if I were to choose one.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 08:02 (Ref:4200444)   #191
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I like Haven. I guess I'm used to him as I was listening to him on the RLM videos way back in the 90's. He makes mistakes but, if we're honest, most of the motorsport commentators make mistakes. I'd love to have a £ for every time I've mentally corrected a commentator over the years for something I know to be inaccurate.....
I don't mind mistakes. I do mind when he argues with experts who are telling him how something is, and he's making contradictory statements.

Mistakes are fine. Stop arguing with Anthony Davidson about driving things.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 11:03 (Ref:4200466)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair point.....
Old 30 Mar 2024, 19:35 (Ref:4203406)   #193
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Well wec's announcement on North America viewing has come to pass. Motor on demand is dead. (Not just wec, but the entire platform as a whole). Most programming has been moved to discovery plus. It's unclear if discovery will stream future wec events live or if a subscription to HBO Max is required.

At the moment, some Motortrend programming is still available on discovery, but 2024 wec races no longer are.

It seems this was a move to reach a wider audience, potentially at the expense of people utilizing Motortrend On Demand primarily for wec viewing. Which I'd wager is <100 people.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 12:16 (Ref:4203434)   #194
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well wec's announcement on North America viewing has come to pass. Motor on demand is dead. (Not just wec, but the entire platform as a whole). Most programming has been moved to discovery plus. It's unclear if discovery will stream future wec events live or if a subscription to HBO Max is required.

At the moment, some Motortrend programming is still available on discovery, but 2024 wec races no longer are.

It seems this was a move to reach a wider audience, potentially at the expense of people utilizing Motortrend On Demand primarily for wec viewing. Which I'd wager is &lt;100 people.
We were an elite group......
Old 1 Apr 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4203509)   #195
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It seems this was a move to reach a wider audience, potentially at the expense of people utilizing Motortrend On Demand primarily for wec viewing. Which I'd wager is <100 people.
It's everything, all the stand alone options that were offered are being reconsolidated under one umbrella. See the new mega-sports offering that's alreadt got US Justice Dept attention. Unless you own the product, WEC offical app, F1 app, etc I think your days of stand-alone product offering is gone and as contracts die out or they work out deals to move them to the main event
Old 1 Apr 2024, 14:08 (Ref:4203512)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What else do Discovery have? I need to check it out.

Is it related to Eurosport? They carry the WEC in, er, Europe. And have the cycling too which I watch.

Might need to check this out. Saves me flying to Italy to watch every race.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4203736)   #197
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I thought Eurosport and discovery were somewhat related, but not sure. It doesn't appear there's a live streaming section of discovery+, and there's no sports section. It's mainly reality show garbage, even the carry over Motortrend On Demand programs. I'll likely not renew this subscription.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 17:43 (Ref:4203757)   #198
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
I thought Eurosport and discovery were somewhat related, but not sure. It doesn't appear there's a live streaming section of discovery+, and there's no sports section. It's mainly reality show garbage, even the carry over Motortrend On Demand programs. I'll likely not renew this subscription.
It must differ from the European version then. In here where both Eurosport.com and Discoveryplus.com are available the sports content is nearly the same and D+ has a separate sports section.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 11:52 (Ref:4203830)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There are 2 different Discovery Pluses and sadly ours is the "reality tv" one with all the TLC garbage. Sucked to see all the fun shows advertised as on Discovery Plus in London and then find out nope not mine and no, no we're not gonna let you watch them.

As far as I can tell Eurosport is a Discovery+ option in the UK, and maybe further afield in Europe as well, and includes live stuff. Sadly not sure a VPN would help there since I'd need a virtual account as well to buy the subscription but would in a second
Old 4 Apr 2024, 12:14 (Ref:4203834)   #200
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I would imagine that would work a treat