Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1934957)   #51
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, does that mean Motorsport News has one less journo now!

Will this affect the credibility of eNews?

Also having tight deadlines and not being able to clarify stories before they are released, what affect will this have....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1934966)   #52
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else see its been changed...And you can get to the archive at the enews site to get issue 8
Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1934969)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Rev
So, does that mean Motorsport News has one less journo now!

Will this affect the credibility of eNews?

Also having tight deadlines and not being able to clarify stories before they are released, what affect will this have....
No
No
None
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jun 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1934978)   #54
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett
...And you can get to the archive at the enews site to get issue 8
They've pulled that aswell. The file is not there to download at the minute.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1934991)   #55
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as hinchie would say, deny it three times and it will happen
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1935034)   #56
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if TC did breach V8SA policy by releasing a statement without CEO approval.

If the originally reported story was factually incorrect, it certainly had some juicy allegations written into it!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1935044)   #57
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
No
No
None
That's what I like about you GTR, straight to the point.

Com'on you must no more, spill the beans please......you have been reliable before, don't let us down this time.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1935148)   #58
Da Moo
Racer

Da Moo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think it is a horrendous mistake if he stays on. The man is a dope. He should be recognised for his input to the sport but he is far from an inspirational leader and is now a lead weight for the sport - get rid of him!

As I have said before, last week was an embarrassing display for the sport and the fact the team owners are so unhappy is testament to that.

The man is no guru - quite the opposite. He has done some good things, no disputing that but his main love is money, not the sport. I genuinely think the sport will not go any further with him there.

Wayne Cattach seems like a smart guy but with that idiot TC there, he cant even do his job! I think Hewson and Cattach would work well together.

James Erskine is quoted as well - I bet he couldnt even name 10 drivers! He doesnt even care about the sport - purely money and these guys are just worried because they may not make as much money.

The time is now for change so make some noise about it!! (I think its going to happen anyway because the teams and TEGA are so unhappy but unless the sport want to look like fools, they should resolve the situation asap).
Old 12 Jun 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1935197)   #59
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking a few steps back to the Cochrane vs Ch10 press release, it's amazing that TC thinks 10 would cut its direct competitor (Ch7) a break, and hence provide 7 with an opportunity to improve its programming/ratings/revenue.

Of course Ch10 will protect its own interests...since when did VESA give another racing series a leg-up at its own series expense?

A string of unsucessful street event proposals, a screwed up F1GP opportunity, China going downhill, a very average first year so far with Ch7, the PI Grande Finale farce, the HRT/WP ownership farce, and now showing his frustration by blowing his top with a rival network, and now the mis-reporting of his demise...hasn't been a great 12 months for TC.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1935371)   #60
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".........
Old 12 Jun 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1935444)   #61
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
Taking a few steps back to the Cochrane vs Ch10 press release, it's amazing that TC thinks 10 would cut its direct competitor (Ch7) a break, and hence provide 7 with an opportunity to improve its programming/ratings/revenue

Of course he'd want TEN to look after Ch7, after all, he led by example with all the assistance he gave TOCA.....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1935515)   #62
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha.

I suppose that's the good thing about eNews, that they can put anything in there and it's a lot easier to retract than running around to all of the newsagents in Australia with a nikko pen!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1935523)   #63
Da Moo
Racer

Articles in the courier mail and herald sun today suggest that he is basically gone but not until a board meeting in July.

TC - you are going so just go now. Unlike everything else you have done, don't blame anyone else - this is all YOUR doing so take it on the chin.

Your complete disregard for anyone that doesnt agree with you and the ridiculous way you react to any government that doesnt support one of your street race proposals was just an entree to your pathetic and unprofessional behaviour last week.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1935544)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the geniuses at AA are making the new bloke feel at home... having a long interview with Foges, but heading it "Failed pollie John Hewson..."

The guy deserves a lot more respect than that....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:21 (Ref:1935556)   #65
Da Moo
Racer

Isnt it interesting that James Erskine has come out in support of Tony (gee what a suprise) and V8SA have clarified but there is nothing but silence from TEGA - the one group that matters......the silence is deafening.

In the interests of the sport, they should call a board meeting and get rid of him - no need for this to drag out until July.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:36 (Ref:1935566)   #66
EDA82
Rookie

EDA82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can anyone say that this hasn't hurt Motorsport eNews's credibility? This is just the latest in a recent long line of them getting it completely wrong, rememebr DJR sold to Carlin.

They got it wrong and admitted it, and I hope TC sues the arse off them.

Last edited by Woolley; 12 Jun 2007 at 23:41. Reason: Little point in dodging the autocensor for a word that isn't censored. Just type the word, folks.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:46 (Ref:1935571)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDA82
How can anyone say that this hasn't hurt Motorsport eNews's credibility? This is just the latest in a recent long line of them getting it completely wrong, rememebr DJR sold to Carlin.

They got it wrong and admitted it, and I hope TC sues the arse off them.
In the fullness of time, each of the events you describe as they play out, may be surprising.

The good part about MN is that they do push the envelope, they do question what is going on with the status quo, ask whats moving and who is moving and the like. The other mob just regurgitate the spin. Except when they are insulting people, inadvertantly or otherwise.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1935588)   #68
Get it Right
Rookie

Get it Right should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
?

Last edited by Get it Right; 13 Jun 2007 at 00:37.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1935614)   #69
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did the story come from then? Was it conjured by someone in the category, or maybe even TEN?

Seems like a formula... announce a sacking, watch and report on the ensuing drama. Not that the opinion on this forum matters much, but most were quick to praise his sacking, obviously whoever "made it up" was expecting damaging reaction and chain of events.

Who does this damage more - Cochrane or V8 Supercars?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 02:32 (Ref:1935621)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who says anything has been made up ? It seems that E News are right on the money just ahead of time in regards to the actual sacking.

Didnt people jump off the PWR sale bandwagon after denials only to jump back on when it all came out.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 05:10 (Ref:1935659)   #71
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe MNews are being the catalist in the whole process to get TC out. For many years I've herd many managers and associated people complain about the leadership of the group.

From a business prospective, it really is time for him to move on. He has pulled the sport out of the proverbial hole in terms of TV and status amongst other sports in the country, not to mention a solid calendar, but has done nothing to grow it in any OTHER way. Thanks for the effort TC, but your greed and that of your SEL buddies is starting to get in the way. Time to go and enjoy that yacht you bought with your TV deal bonus......
Old 13 Jun 2007, 06:42 (Ref:1935675)   #72
EDA82
Rookie

EDA82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Maybe MNews are being the catalist in the whole process to get TC out.
It's not MNews's job to be the catalyst for anything. It's their job to report the news, factually, and in this case, MNews hasn't done that.

And in the DJR/Carlin story, or maybe they're just trying to be the catalyst there too. Maybe they thought Trevor Carlin would read their story and think to himself "Hey what a great idea. I think I'll buy a V8 Supercar team in Australia."

Maybe they should change their little catchcry to "You read it here first but in the interest of getting it out first we may have got a little bit wrong"
Old 13 Jun 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1935680)   #73
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"He has pulled the sport out of the proverbial hole in terms of TV and status amongst other sports in the country, not to mention a solid calendar." "Thanks for the effort TC,"
Yes and he will continue to do that. My feeling others are more willing to water the "product" down, in doing so taking away its impact. Something NASCAR is now doing in the US.

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 13 Jun 2007 at 07:01.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1935796)   #74
MosquitoByte
Rookie

Malta
Melbourne
MosquitoByte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only we would see the end of taxi racing....if you can call it that.

I've taken more of an interest in NASCAR than Super Cabs this year. Why, particularly with my view on contrived US racing? Because Taxi's are NASCAR without the racing.......

The Black Gloved One
Old 13 Jun 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1935821)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDA82
It's their job to report the news, factually, and in this case, MNews hasn't done that.
Why are you so sure they havent ?