Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Dec 2003, 14:06 (Ref:806017)   #1
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari 360GTC

http://www.italiaspeed.com/new_model...c_bologna.html

well .. it's a 360 . and it looks stunning .. :

Last edited by Dani Filth; 7 Dec 2003 at 14:07.

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:08 (Ref:806046)   #2
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea of how much this will cost for teams? But it really does look a great car, nice rear wing too

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:12 (Ref:806048)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed a good solid car - and quite a signifcant power boost too. The question now is, is the car good enough to beat the new 911 RSR? Will be a intresting year next year personally I hope that the Ferrari teams can beat the Porsches but the new RSR is very quick so far in testing...
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:35 (Ref:806052)   #4
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yes indeed a good solid car - and quite a signifcant power boost too.
Beautiful looking car indeed.

How much of a power boost is involved, and how will it compare to the RSR?
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:36 (Ref:806054)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is what i am talking about- a good entry into GT territory, now the field should be filled with 360s and 911's duking it out in grand style, now who else will step to the plate?
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:39 (Ref:806057)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the interior view- they scuttled the paddle shifters for that 6 speed sequential regular style-that is cool so sweet
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:41 (Ref:806059)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TVR have a updated version of the Tuscan which will be racing next year - I forget the name of the car though, there was a story here about it but I cant seem to find it. The Morgan has also been updated signifcantly. http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=14&nid=82267 So in next years LMES GT class we can expect at least, Porsche, Ferrari, TVR and Morgan, and perhaps even the Spykers...
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:51 (Ref:806069)   #8
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As regards TVR:

http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/index.asp?storyId=7691

Sagaris, they call it.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 16:01 (Ref:806073)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well on the Spyker website there is a list of events and the LMES dates are there, but no news item on the site about them doing these rounds

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 7 Dec 2003, 18:12 (Ref:806119)   #10
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here is the Porsche: 996 GT3 RSR.

http://www.sportscartesting.com/news...e/id725/pg4162

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 7 Dec 2003, 18:52 (Ref:806134)   #11
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow the GT3RSR costs $339,163.05us... ouch.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 19:17 (Ref:806142)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a pretty high price tag.

Everyone complains about the cost of LMP racing, but the fact is, people are willing to pay $340k US to race in GT. So long as that's the bottom class, how can you possibly bring all the other classes' costs down?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Dec 2003, 19:36 (Ref:806151)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yes but Paul, to run and develop a top LMP car like a Audi, Dome or Lister u are looking at Millions of dollars, not just hundreds of thousands, GT racing is a bit cheaper Im afraid.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 20:47 (Ref:806175)   #14
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To develop a competitive GTS car, you are looking at LMP price bracket as well, and I'd venture a guess that sometimes it might cost more, since you might need to change the design quite radically compare to production car...You aren't as restricted in building a prototype since it's clean sheet, a GT you need to keep it "production based" to a degree...
Old 7 Dec 2003, 23:33 (Ref:806271)   #15
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
re TVR, the Sagaris wont be replacing the Tuscan R (T400R) in international GT events next season, it has been designed for the British GTs lower class, and its own one make series.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 00:00 (Ref:806298)   #16
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
So will 2004 be a basis for future international use of the Sagaris, or is it solely designed as a smaller GT for national series?
Old 8 Dec 2003, 11:48 (Ref:806542)   #17
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
And here is the Porsche: 996 GT3 RSR.

http://www.sportscartesting.com/news...e/id725/pg4162
lol .. so .. power should be almoast equal probably the 360 will have a better aerodynamics .. and probably fuel mileage fairly equal ... .. now we're gonna have a real battle for the win .. in all classes but LMP1 ... if not for a big surprise

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Dec 2003, 17:25 (Ref:806793)   #18
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well i believe the Porsche RSR has 445 horsepower and the new 360 GTC also has 445 horsepower. so in terms of engine power at the flywheel they have equal power. but once to power is put through the drivetrain and finally to the wheels the horspower is reduced. so the power at the wheels is less than what the engine itself is making, it all depends on how efficient the porsche's and the ferraris drivetrains are. the more efficient the drivetrain the less power is lost through the drivetrain. also remember the ferrari has a bigger frontal area that the porsche making for more drag on the ferrari. so we'll have to see which is faster is a straight line, my guress is the porsche will still be faster in a straight line but only just.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 19:37 (Ref:806899)   #19
Kid Prozac
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav
So will 2004 be a basis for future international use of the Sagaris, or is it solely designed as a smaller GT for national series?
personally, I cant see the Sagaris ever getting onto the international stage, unless they start a lower class than GTO, which I cant see happening. The Sagaris is basically a reshelled T350C, whereas the T400R is almost an out and out racer, completely different and hence stiffer chassis, and the bodies also carbon as opposed to glass.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 19:39 (Ref:806902)   #20
Kid Prozac
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by slicktsax
well i believe the Porsche RSR has 445 horsepower and the new 360 GTC also has 445 horsepower. so in terms of engine power at the flywheel they have equal power. but once to power is put through the drivetrain and finally to the wheels the horspower is reduced. so the power at the wheels is less than what the engine itself is making, it all depends on how efficient the porsche's and the ferraris drivetrains are. the more efficient the drivetrain the less power is lost through the drivetrain. also remember the ferrari has a bigger frontal area that the porsche making for more drag on the ferrari. so we'll have to see which is faster is a straight line, my guress is the porsche will still be faster in a straight line but only just.
remember though, BHP sells cars, Torque wins races! when Veloqx ran 360s in British GTs last year, i remember looking at Veloqx's bull**** boards in the paddock with a very good BGT engine tuner, and being impressed with the torque they had at the rpm they had..........

edit: oops forgot about the swear word, oh and this is no way a slander on Veloqx, just thats what I know them awning displays as!

Last edited by Kid Prozac; 8 Dec 2003 at 19:41.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 20:56 (Ref:806944)   #21
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yes but Paul, to run and develop a top LMP car like a Audi, Dome or Lister u are looking at Millions of dollars, not just hundreds of thousands, GT racing is a bit cheaper Im afraid.
Not disputing that LMP1 top prices are that high. What I mean is that so long as the entry-level people are willing to pay that much (and get as much speed as they do), how can you possibly bring the LMP1 prices down and ensure that they're still the top dogs?

...After all, if they're not faster, what's the point?

That said, I think that the LMP2 category, given a proper airing at Le Mans and stable rules, should take off - and take some of the GT runners with them. I'd imagine the budget wouldn't be much higher, and you'd get similar (or better) speeds for the money. After all, C2 / GTP Lights were always pretty popular.

I guess what I'm saying is that, sure, I understand people's point about the costs being out of whack with reality, but so long as the entry price is so high, everything else is going to be higher.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Dec 2003, 14:46 (Ref:807533)   #22
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally posted by slicktsax
well .. the 360 already won the Monza race last year ... a low drag circuit

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Dec 2003, 15:05 (Ref:807546)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yes, on paper the Ferrari 360 should be faster, it has the same horsepower, better areodynamics and the engine is in the right place, the middle, not the back.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 15:10 (Ref:807550)   #24
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is anybody planning on running the new example in the ALMS in 2004? JMB USA ? RISI ? F.O.W?

Rumours