Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Mar 2002, 12:27 (Ref:240804)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4 Audis -no Johansson, which is a shame Can the other prototypes catch them?

Only one Bentley (as we knew)

1MG and one described as a Lola MG. Also 1 reserve MG. Should be the class of the 675 field.

GTS: Should be a good Viper v Corvette v Saleen battle with some nice Ferraris thrown in this year.

GT: The Morgans there! I wonder how it'll go against the Porsches and Ferraris?
Old 21 Mar 2002, 12:52 (Ref:240823)   #27
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP900: Only one Ascari? The second one isn't even on the reserve list, unlike the Panoz-Mugen. I would have plumped for the Ascari ahead of the Panoz-Mugen easily.

LMP675: Only one works MG in the main list, the other in the reserves. Ridiculous, and only 6 in LMP675.

GTS: Looks very strong, no complaints.

GT: Hurrah, not all Porsches, who are "Auto Palace" though?
Old 21 Mar 2002, 13:09 (Ref:240835)   #28
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I like the balance of the this year's list. However like the other comments so far, I am surprised and disappointed that there is only one factory MG. Hopefully if we lose one of the Reynard 675s, or more than one of the 900s then the other MG should get in.

Great to see the variety in GTS and GT, such a change from my first year in 1999 when GTS were all Vipers and GT were all Porkers.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 13:22 (Ref:240848)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much for the list Adam. (As you might have expected, I have merged your thread with rd's previous one).

Like Allon I like the balance of the entry although I share the general disappointment (and surprise - bearing in mind the limited numbers in LMP675) that only one works MG has been included.

Looks like a little bit more variety than in recent years though.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:240857)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was going to post it on the end of rd's thread, but I thought it was best served as the first post of a new thread as it is the actual official list rather than a prediction (albeit a very good prediction, but then what do you expect from a Sheffielder!)

You may be interested to know I got the information in an email from the ACO about an hour before. You can sign up for it on their website. I wondered what everyone else thought (especially about the single MG entry...)
Old 21 Mar 2002, 14:46 (Ref:240906)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the entry list is out and it make for interesing reading, here are my first observation's:-

LMP900 and LM GTP

4 Audi's:- What we expected
2 Cadillacs:- New that
1 Riley & Scott:- Well after Sebring we knew that would get in
2 Domes:- Is the KONDO car going to be run by Uncle Hugh
3 Panoz:- Again no real suprise there
1 Ascari:- Now that is a shock I thought we might have had two cars there
2 Ocrea Dallera's:- Suprised they have let two in thought they might have just gone for 1
3 Courage's:- Not a real suprise here with the 2 car's from Pescarolo and 1 from Courage them selfs
1 Bentley:- Well we new about this one

Lets look at what is missing from this class, No Gulf Audi, No RML Panoz and the 2 Norma missing, overall I think they have a good balance with in this class

LMP675

The first thing I have to say about this class is the amount of runners they have let in last year there were 8 enties this year we have 6

MG:- 1 works car and 1 from KnightHawk, I am shocked and stuned that there are not two works cars in the race, it will be interesting to see if any of the works drivers end up in the KnightHawk car, that is of course if the works MG on the reserve list does somehow end up in the race.

Looking at the entry list on David Legangneux site I see that everyone in the 675 class has at least on entry, the only car missing are the Lindsay (lack of test put pay to that one) and the Debora (sorry I had to mention it)

LMP GTS

I think this one has turned out about as expected, shame there is only 1 Prodrive Ferrari. Other car missing the Graham Nash Saleen and the Carsport and Belmondo Viper's

LMP GTO

Again now real shock here, it is nice to see several different cars in class, not just a hold load of Porsche's like we have in the last couple of years. It is wonderful to see the Morgan and the Spyker in as well, it is a shame we are just missing the Callaway.

I also see that we are get the 2 DAMS cars for the film starting the race aswell.

Well what ever happens I am sure we will be in for a great race what ever happens.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 14:47 (Ref:240908)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
They made it faster than they said yesterday... good news !

Bad news for the LMP 900 list... no Champion Audi, but a weak Panoz Mugen... looks to much as last two years... everything is done for three Audis in a raw at the end. Two Dallara ? What for ?

And only one MG ! Only 6 LMP 675 ! Where is the promotion of this category ? No Debora ? Suprise...

There's 2 or 3 cars exceeding in GTS and GT (together) categories at my opinion... Happy to see Ferrari, but not reliable enough to hold on 'till the night...

I'm disapointed... I think I'm gonna sleep 'till 2003. We're sure not finding work Audi next year ! And there will be 50 cars really fighting

I'm really too stunted to give a real opinion. I was so enthousiastic with the Champion Audi (I like the painting of Gulf)... no private Audi : no real challenger to match work ones...

ACO has really got something against the public...

Last edited by Fab; 21 Mar 2002 at 14:49.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 15:06 (Ref:240921)   #33
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just worked out from my pridiction early in the week out of the 48 car's I listed I got 33 right, my pridiction powers are pretty good.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 17:36 (Ref:241022)   #34
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god,the Porsche Supercup has been infiltrated by some exciting entries
PM
Old 21 Mar 2002, 20:38 (Ref:241070)   #35
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad entry, would like to have seen a second Bentley for a start but thats a Company decision.

Why no second MG I can see no reason except that perhaps the ACO see this as a non factory catagory, however to build it up you would think that another good showing by the works cars would encourage others to follow the same route.

The other classes again look good. Not long to go now

SL
Old 21 Mar 2002, 22:47 (Ref:241175)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Not long to go now

SL

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 23:04 (Ref:241190)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did anyone notice the interesting snippet in the "TS" that Dinger Jnr. is apparently in the frame for a Spyker seat in June?

I also noticed (hadn't previously realised) that the reduction of the Le Mans entry from 55 to 48 cars coincided not only with the building of the new pit complex, but with some crazy international regulations which "...limited the length of the pitlane.".

limited the length of the pitlane? - WHY?

Fortunately, this strange regulation has now been rescinded.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Mar 2002 at 23:04.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 06:09 (Ref:241343)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!
Time to start talking about the prequals...

My wife says I turn mad...

What do you think we could do to have some sun ? Last year, the prequals were very sunny, little bit cold in the morning, well, perfect...

Something interresting about prequals : we'll see more cars ! The suppleant list will be here !

Difficult to work in such a mood !!!

Last edited by Fab; 22 Mar 2002 at 06:10.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 09:32 (Ref:241428)   #39
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
has the factory mg team raced anywhere since le mans 2001?
Old 22 Mar 2002, 10:49 (Ref:241474)   #40
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
has the factory mg team raced anywhere since le mans 2001?
No....but a private one ran at sebring and did rather well this year.
The 2nd entry for this year while only being a reserve will i think have a good shot at making the grid.
If I recall the ROC team in the 675 class team only got 1 secured entry for last year dispite doing well in 2000.
Good to see the Domes making an entry, I think the caddys could well spring a suprise come June.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 11:09 (Ref:241486)   #41
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just visted the ACO page, If I am reading it right, the 2 DAMs film cars are not yet certain as 'special agreements' need to be made.
(money?).
If they dont appear then the 2 extra pits won't be built, and we look to be back to 48 starters.
If the pits are made, then the DAMs project folds, do we still get the 50 cars?

Another reason for only 1 MG, Audi would look damm silly if, one beat them to either pole or god fobid the race victory. VW/Audi Group have alot of clout with the ACO these days..........
Old 22 Mar 2002, 11:48 (Ref:241507)   #42
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think the filming will happen...movie websites have the michael valliant movie listed as luc bessons current project. i'd think its probably the logistics being discussed.

i'd liked to have had the 2nd mg...but you can appreciate the aco descision to put it only on the reserve list - cherry picking of races anyone?!

what does anyone think will be the driver line-up...whos the best three permed from their six?
Old 22 Mar 2002, 11:53 (Ref:241513)   #43
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I think that MG will go for Blundell, Bailey and Kane in the car, with McGarrity being put into the KnightHawk car, that leaves Ried and Hughes to race in the BTCC.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 13:03 (Ref:241562)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic

If they dont appear then the 2 extra pits won't be built, and we look to be back to 48 starters.
If the pits are made, then the DAMs project folds, do we still get the 50 cars?
My guess is the ACO won't build the extra pits until someone has stumped up the cash. Once they are built (if they are), I can't see any reason why they should drop back to 48 cars now that the 48 limited regulation has gone.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 15:52 (Ref:241684)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The two additionnal pits are not difficult and long to built, and not so expensive for movie makers, accustomed to pharaonic sceneries...

And ACO seems affirmative : there will be 50 cars from now...
Old 22 Mar 2002, 21:35 (Ref:241948)   #46
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say that, like most people, I am disappointed with just a single place for a works MG. They went very well last year and gave The 675 class some exposure so its a bit mystifying to see the entry in this category cut. Just a single GTP car too. When will we see more?

And great to see the GT class livening up, GTS looks interesting too.
Old 23 Mar 2002, 03:45 (Ref:242135)   #47
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool, racing for holland will be the checkered flag again
Old 23 Mar 2002, 13:48 (Ref:242348)   #48
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I send them a mail asking that and it will indeed be the racing chessboard again. The little French mistake will also be corrected. Where did they get the idea that "Racing for HOLLAND" was a german team???????????????