Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3026299)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Matras at Le Mans 2012

Matra's 40th anniversary of winning the 1972 24 hours of Le Mans will be celebrated! Pescarolo, Larousse and a stand-in for Graham Hill (Damon???) will all be driving one!
http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...mans_6228.html
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3026311)   #2
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
wow, that's a wonderful addition to the program!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3026314)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely superb news! I wonder if they could get Damon over to drive the car in honour of his dad? That would be something special, especially for the Brit fans.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3026315)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
will there be three cars or will each do a single lap
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3026317)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You'd assume they'd put all three out for the photo opportunity if nothing else. Hopefully they can push them just a little bit to hear the V12 sing.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3026319)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
there seems to be a lot of things scheduled for the saturday morning so t will be interesting to see the final running order
Old 15 Feb 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3026320)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The ACO article talks about 'une deuxième' and 'une troisième' Matra, so my guess is that there will be a 2nd and a 3rd present!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3026321)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
3 for the price of 1 excellent
Old 15 Feb 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3026322)   #9
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So one year a Porsche 917 LH, the following year the 787B and now three Matras? If they do a series of demo laps, I hope RLM open their FX mikes as wide as possible for the benefit of us left back at home.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3026324)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Matra's 40th anniversary of winning the 1972 24 hours of Le Mans will be celebrated! Pescarolo, Larousse and a stand-in for Graham Hill (Damon???) will all be driving one!
http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...mans_6228.html
That sounds great (pun intended).
Old 15 Feb 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3026341)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Realy looking forward to this
Old 15 Feb 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3026351)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
The first and fourth cars in this vid are 670's I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=bS1_G_dl6xA

Such a great sound.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3026368)   #13
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a birthday gift a few years ago, my now ex-girlfriend gave me an actual 1972 Le Mans poster framed - the year I was born. Can't wait to see the cars that raced a few weeks before my birth.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3026375)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm more than a little bit excited about this.....1974 was my first Le Mans (aged 12)......not that I remember much about it. The 2 facts I do remember were that the win completed Henri's hattrick and Graham Hill wasn't there.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3026650)   #15
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
All just 670s? There are 2 650s running in Masters Historics these days...
You could get a LOT of wail out of FIVE Matras...

Merci Vincent for finding this!
Old 16 Feb 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3026737)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that is some handsome wailing! Love it!
Old 16 Feb 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3026841)   #17
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless I'm standing at the Tenths Tree and hear them at Tertre Rouge like I did the 787 last year, it ain't wailing!

All kidding aside, the more I read about these cars, the more excited I get about seeing these machines.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3027135)   #18
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
And Well Done Vincent, on getting your 917K into Le Mans Classic! MORE wailing to come. There's a Matra 660, and 2x312PBs entered for the Classic, along with the 512s and 917s. It just gets better!
Old 17 Feb 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3027170)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
And Well Done Vincent, on getting your 917K into Le Mans Classic!
Maybe you are a little bit mistaken, because the only 917 I own is 1:18
I think you think I am another Vince/Vincent????
Old 17 Feb 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3027190)   #20
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant see Damon doing it somehow, But Graham's Grandson, Josh on the other hand? would be a good way for an up and coming driver to raise his profile.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3028440)   #21
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Hmmm. Vincent Gail, entered in Plateau 5 of Le Mans Classic, in Porsche 917K, ch.no, IIRC, 021...
He used to be very sideways in a Ferrari 250GT!
He's on You Tube, somewhere, lapping Spa.

Oh well, my mistake, sorry!
Old 20 Feb 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3028482)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
You made me curious, so I did a little google-ing and apparently the guy's named Vincent Gaye.
http://dedeporsche.wordpress.com/tag/vincent-gaye/
http://www.lemansclassic.com/userfil...desengages.pdf
Nice little confusion
Old 4 Jun 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3085209)   #23
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just wondering if this Matra demonstration run was still going ahead as it doesn't appear on the timetable.... but as if by magic.. now it does!

Up to four Matras will be demo'ed between 12h35 and 12h50 on the Saturday.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...ured_7296.html
Old 4 Jun 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3085275)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The ten-tenths meet will move trackside to watch them go by for sure
Old 4 Jun 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3085278)   #25
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The ten-tenths meet will move trackside to watch them go by for sure
I hope they will get some laps on wednesday or thursday as well like the Mazda last year.