Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

View Poll Results: Can you get coverage?
Yup. Cable TV FTW. 15 60.00%
Nope, did use the NASCAR Streaming but wouldn't pay for it 4 16.00%
Nope, but If I could pay for NASCAR streaming, I would 4 16.00%
Doesn't matter, don't watch it anyway. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1858479)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR discussion interest.

Don't move it to Armchair you evil mod people.

Who will actually have Busch coverage for the remaining races?
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1858491)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Have TV coverage but, if I didn't, I would certainly pay a small fee to watch online.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1858493)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I get race repeats on Monday evening. I wish it was live.

Wouldn't pay for streaming as it doesn't work consistently.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1858499)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'd pay to watch the streaming providing the price was right and I could do it on an "as and when" basis.
In the university, I have good internet access that ensures the streaming is good quality. The reason I didn't buy Pay-per-view A1GP last year was because in my accommodation the bandwith of the flats often was stretched and I knew I wouldn't get good coverage - that's the difference.
That, and the two races I have watched this year have been fantastic. I'm hooked again, as I was when I was at home with a Sky Box, MotorsTV, and regular coverage (which, I realised earlier when the commented on 2002 Champion Greg Biffle, was five-years ago. Scary....)
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1858501)   #5
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so far that tvu thing has been pretty good
Old 5 Mar 2007, 05:08 (Ref:1858632)   #6
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
We have seen all races live on either Fox 1, 2 or 3 so far. Most of the races were live last year too, although the day races are at an ungodly hour (5.30am for this one) if you are in Australia. Same with the Nextel.
I always make sure I put the DVD Recorder on as well (in case I sleep through).
Unlike the Nextel coverage, the Busch coverage is VERY leader-biased and very Cup driver-centric as well. Very few of the Busch regulars have been sighted in the 3 races so far and the coverage rarely, if ever, goes back through the field. Quite disappointing because you then rely on the ticker to see where people are.
I understand that they want to feature the big stars but it would be nice to know a bit about the rookies and some of the Busch regulars - there's plenty about the Cup drivers everywhere so it's not as if they are under exposed. Surely the sponsors of those aforementioned cars could get a better deal with the coverage too.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 05:12 (Ref:1858633)   #7
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
One other thing - we used to get the Truck series about 5 or 6 years ago but we don't any more.
Is there any other way of getting this on the net?
Old 5 Mar 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1858979)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted. Was that a mistake on my part since the poll was probably meant for non-U.S. people.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1859005)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I have "As live" coverage on NASN (I hope they will do live coverage in the near future).
Old 5 Mar 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1859272)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASN ftw!

Cup, Busch and ESPNs NASCAR Now show.

Its everything you need!
Old 8 Mar 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1861485)   #11
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll have to excuse my dimness but what is "FTW" in this context??

Anyway, there's not an option for me in this vote. I would watch Busch coverage but don't want to watch it on a PC and don't want to pay for NASN.

Last year's Motors coverage was brilliant - but I'm not prepared to pay for the privilege.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1861606)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NASN is now justifiable if you are into your NASCAR I feel. When it was just Cup, I was reasonably happy that I could see the races but annoyed at the cost.

Now that it has Cup and Busch coverage it's excellent. And the NASCAR Now shows are excellent! Well worth it. Certainly compared to, for example, PPV offerings like Prem+.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1861669)   #13
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
You'll have to excuse my dimness but what is "FTW" in this context??
This time it would mean "For The Win".

As for me, well, it's really a mixed bag. I don't watch the Busch races on a regular basis, usually the more standout ones (Mexico City, this year Montreal, the superspeedways, etc), so if I do decide to, I have a friend with Satellite (and and HD reciever ) that invites me over to watch the race with her. But since I don't watch too many of the Busch races through cable, it doesn't really make it that much of a nuisance for my friend.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1861800)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In case you were wondering I was trying to see how much of this fantastic Busch support was down to the free streaming.

Old 8 Mar 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1861807)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Also, I've noticed the high ammount of lurkers we have here.

Come on in, we don't bite, we may be strange, but definatly no bity-bity.

Ok. Maybe a bit of bity. Thats only if you don't like Dale.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1863601)   #16
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been watching it on Foxtel, the main reason I watch is to see how Marcos Ambrose is doing so it can be a touch annoying that they only show the leaders as he is still a couple back but hopefully that will change.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1864594)   #17
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As with the other UK posters I get NASN/NASN2 on Sky - as long as they keep showing the Cup live I'm a subscriber, the Busch races are a bonus, shame they aren't live.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.