Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Apr 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1572914)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who will win at istanbul 1000km?

hey people,

with the first round of the LMES just around the corner and the excitement already biulding up who doyou think will win, creation seem to be the pre season favorite's to win but they have bad luck quite often so we will see how that goes, pescarolo dont have the speed advantage they had last year but they will still be savagely quick, RFH dome hybrid was quick in testing but the car is not 100% reliable but it is quick and the courage's are in the same boat i would as well and the chamberlain lola i has a lot of potentiol but i doubt it will be running at the front, who do you think will win??
Old 7 Apr 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1572924)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon we'll see Nic Minassian on pole, but it's the first race for Beppe and Felipe in the new Creation. A steady run and a podium for Creation is my guess.

I also think the RFH Dome will be strong and will finish in the top three.

But it's Pescarolo on the top step of the podium for me. The best sorted car with a strong driver pairing. Pescarolo to win (barring any unforeseens!).
Old 7 Apr 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1572928)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
At a guess Minassian will put the Creation on pole by a reasonable margin from a closely matched Pescarolo and Dome. Minassian will lead for the first 90 minutes or so and then a combination of Gabbiani/Ortiz not having the ultimate pace and Creation having some teething troubles. This'll put Pescarolo into the lead with Dome second, with other LMP1s falling down the order as they suffer sundry first race problems. Broadly that'll be the order they'll finish in, with 3rd - 8th in LMP1 determined in a classic endurance racing way by who has fewest problems.

LMP2 will be all about RML.

Be interested in GT1, largely seeing if a private C6R has the legs of a DBR9, but you'd have to plump for the Larbre Aston to win it.

GT2 - who knows - open to suggestions.

Of course it's equally possible that the form book will go completely out the window. Either way, it'll be good to watch.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1572949)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
LMP2 will be all about RML.

.........but you'd have to plump for the Larbre Aston to win it.
I actually think the Chamberlain/ASM B05/40 will win LMP2 from RML. Heart says a win for Shorty!

I agree that Larbre start as favourites in GT1 and Autorlando must start as favourites in GT2.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1572955)   #5
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I actually think the Chamberlain/ASM B05/40 will win LMP2 from RML. Heart says a win for Shorty!
Top 3 debut for Rollcentre would be great. I really hope the teething problems during the race will be minor.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1572956)   #6
Randy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Henley on Thames
Randy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Creation!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1573020)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I agree that Larbre start as favourites in GT1 and Autorlando must start as favourites in GT2.
The Chamberlain/ASM car's a no-show, but in any case I think I'd favour the RML car by a nose, largely based on gut feel about the driver line-up (Tommy Erdos being a real contender for my fantasy sportscar entry). Agree about the heart favouring Rollcentre - their whole approach to the Radical project has been really charismatic. That said, I'd also like to see the Pierre Bruneau Pilbeam get a decent run. I can't see the Lucchini going the distance, and the Courage's are all a bit long in the tooth now - they'll need a lot of luck to come into play this year, and especially at a genuinely quick track like Istanbul.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1573036)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
The Chamberlain/ASM car's a no-show..........
Just paid a visit to DSC and discovered the Chamberlain/ASM news.

I'm also a big fan of Tommy Erdos and for sure there's very little between the two teams. I also had a 'gut feeling', but mine swung towards Chamberlain (not that I'd go so far as to try to fight my corner on this one).

First free practice should be underway..........
Old 7 Apr 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1573047)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMP1-Pescarolo
LMP2-RML
GT1 - Larbre DBR9
GT2 - Imsa Racing
Old 7 Apr 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1573062)   #10
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as id love to see Cration do it I dont think the driver line up will not be good enough to beat the Pescarolo this weekend Unless Nic can get some amazing start and lead ***drifting with the clouds*** so its down to RFH to take it to them in my eyes. but then who knows first race of the season and all them teething problems...

I think LMP2 could be a bit of a close battle RML v Chamberlin/ASM and hopefully the Radical will stick its ore in the mix aswell

GT1 cant see anything other than an Aston win

GT2 is there a F430 in it ? Id like to see them win thought (risi?) one ran well at sebring so would be nice if theres one challenging this week
Old 7 Apr 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1573066)   #11
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just paid a visit to DSC and discovered the Chamberlain/ASM news.
Nico Kiesa in the Lister would be nice.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1573131)   #12
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
LMP1-Pescarolo
LMP2-RML
GT1 - Larbre DBR9
GT2 - Imsa Racing
My thought as well
Old 7 Apr 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1573138)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Looking at first practice the Pescarolo doesn't look slow at all does it? Neither does the Radical (very encouraging)?

Don't think we'll end up with handbags at 50 paces Bentley - just be nice to see a pair (or more once Binnie, Lista etc shows up) of well sorted Lolas can liven up the show.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1573284)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pescarolo to win, with a podium place for the Chamberlain Lola LMP1.

I reckon we'll not see the new cars' true pace until Spa.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1573300)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The second Lola Chamberlain Lola didnt turn up cuz one of the drivers has "business" commitments ..... good start to the season for them then !!!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1573334)   #16
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The second Lola Chamberlain Lola didnt turn up cuz one of the drivers has "business" commitments ..... good start to the season for them then !!!
Well, since without the business that is he is committed to, there might not be an LMP2 from Chamberlain/ASM/Racing for Portugal...I don't think that anyone can complain too loudly.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1573341)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

But there are 2 other drivers in that car too . Could they not have managed ? Im not complaining , im just saying its a good start to their championship !!!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1573375)   #18
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But there are 2 other drivers in that car too . Could they not have managed ? Im not complaining , im just saying its a good start to their championship !!!

They got their le mans entries.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1573410)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

That crossed my mind too !!!
Old 8 Apr 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1574186)   #20
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Depends on who is paying the bills, and whether the bills will be paid for an even t that a payer isn't present for.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1574977)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!

Quote:
... the Courage's are all a bit long in the tooth now - they'll need a lot of luck to come into play this year, and especially at a genuinely quick track like Istanbul.
Doh!!!!

Old 10 Apr 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1575299)   #22
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Doh!!!!

Absolutely - they got the lot of luck they needed. Think about it - only one Lola which went into the wall on lap 0 (and when it came out, an hour or so behind, was still very quick) and the Radical's throttle problem caused it enough issues to put it out of contention. I still think the C-65 is going to struggle to win races this year, especially as we get the Binnie, ASM, (and Horag?) Lolas, and the works/2nd Rollcentre Radicals showing up.

Fair play through to Barzai Epsilon and a good effort by all their drivers. Much like last year, if we end up with consistent Courages and fast but fragile Lolas (and Radicals) it should preserve interest in the title all the way through to the end.