Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 2 Feb 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3500005)   #76
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Oh that's a gem. A hermaphrodite is also "a person or thing combining opposite qualities or characteristics". In other words gentlemen, they didn't know if they were coming or going!

And that's the long and the Short of it!!
Carl, that's priceless!

OTI, that's even better.

That's Mighty Fine!
Old 2 Feb 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3500010)   #77
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
These are the directors/shareholders:

Mareet Yve CARLEY
312 Waerenga Road, Rd 1, Te Kauwhata, 3781

Ross Ami FILIPO
10 Highview Court, Flagstaff, Hamilton, 3210

Robert Maurice SCRIMGEOUR
235 Riverside Drive, Waterloo, Lower Hutt, 5011

Has anyone ever heard of them, or could they be married to others with prior involvement?

This is their website: http://www.10seventy.com/about-us.html

Check this though - their ONLY client is MSNZ...
http://www.10seventy.com/services.html
I note on Robs profile he has worked with MSNZ for 5 years...says it all really
Old 2 Feb 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3500016)   #78
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
I note on Robs profile he has worked with MSNZ for 5 years...says it all really
Rob actually worked for TMC.
He did all their DVD editing and pre press graphic design work.
He is a very clever designer and produced top class artwork for all media.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3500022)   #79
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
Carl, that's priceless!

OTI, that's even better.

That's Mighty Fine!
Don't you mean Martin?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 09:22 (Ref:3500028)   #80
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
So what better than a brand new company to produce vide a fresh look. After all is that not you have all been asking for.

Perhaps they are having an initial look to provide a robust proposal for consideration.

Given the state of the product seems like a reasonable approach to me.

Sure not going to be fixed in a short term, needs a new approach and that might take a little time to prepare.
Taking the phrase "getting some fresh eyes to look at the problem" to a whole new level.

Point being, if you're down on horsepower you probably wouldn't take your engine to your plumber because he's watched a couple of Youtube clips and he's keen to give it a nudge....

Be interesting to know how far the net was cast in the search for a promoter/events company?

What ever happened to Otaki's very own "the Ultimate Venue"?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3500190)   #81
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Rob actually worked for TMC.
He did all their DVD editing and pre press graphic design work.
He is a very clever designer and produced top class artwork for all media.
Obviously Rob must have had a good working relationship with TMC's CEO Mr Martin Fine [who lead the MSNZ 60% owned subsidiary company into receivership, and was for many year's on the executive as well as being a paid consultant to MSNZ] as if Martin didn't think highly of his skill set and business acumen he would have surely mentioned any such concern to Janet Phipps a current MSNZ executive member and also married to a member of Martin's staff at Mapp and Associates.

One might indeed wonder if 10Seventy or any of their directors are clients of Mapp and associates?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3500192)   #82
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Obviously Rob must have had a good working relationship with TMC's CEO Mr Martin Fine [who lead the MSNZ 60% owned subsidiary company into receivership, and was for many year's on the executive as well as being a paid consultant to MSNZ] as if Martin didn't think highly of his skill set and business acumen he would have surely mentioned any such concern to Janet Phipps a current MSNZ executive member and also married to a member of Martin's staff at Mapp and Associates.

One might indeed wonder if 10Seventy or any of their directors are clients of Mapp and associates?
Mark you are really scrapeing the bottom of the barrel now!
Old 2 Feb 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3500202)   #83
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bill, surely you must agree that an untried, untested company, with zero apparent experience in the field they've been engaged, whose sole qualification for the job appears to be a shareholder whose previously done design work for MSNZ seems one the surface to be a little bit of a strange choice?

But no doubt the brief was circulated far and wide amongst companies in this line of work. It'd be interesting to know how many were briefed, how many pitched and why 10Seventy got their shot on such an important contract and such a vital time for the sport... Any idea Bill? Or any insight into who and how the decision was made to appoint 10Seventy?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3500209)   #84
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Bill, surely you must agree that an untried, untested company, with zero apparent experience in the field they've been engaged, whose sole qualification for the job appears to be a shareholder whose previously done design work for MSNZ seems one the surface to be a little bit of a strange choice?

But no doubt the brief was circulated far and wide amongst companies in this line of work. It'd be interesting to know how many were briefed, how many pitched and why 10Seventy got their shot on such an important contract and such a vital time for the sport... Any idea Bill? Or any insight into who and how the decision was made to appoint 10Seventy?
With the summer series the way it is I would take my hat off to any company who is game to take it on as soley a promotional opportunity.
Most would run a mile.
I still say that the circuit owning clubs who are more than capable should pick it up themselves, rather than sharing the pie with a promoter, there is really not enough to go around.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3500228)   #85
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With the summer series the way it is I would take my hat off to any company who is game to take it on as soley a promotional opportunity.
Most would run a mile.
I still say that the circuit owning clubs who are more than capable should pick it up themselves, rather than sharing the pie with a promoter, there is really not enough to go around.
Now we are in agreement Bill, so just use the grey matter that i know you possess and join the dots up, and please stop trying to defend TMC just because you were a toothless director of it, most of us know you were powerless to do anything about it's demise because you were kept in the dark as was most everybody else.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3500230)   #86
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Most would run a mile.

Are you suggesting that 10Seventy are doing this solely as “work experience”?

As per my previous post, how far was the net cast?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3500235)   #87
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Most would run a mile.
Finally a statement making sense. Go it alone like the rest of the world and sport clubs are doing as only you know what works best in your enviorment.

I think this promo company has rocks in their head to be honest. What have they got to promote and to be honest the same goes for ST, its a marginal proposition.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3500237)   #88
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suspect it was a tap on the shoulder only, no net casting allowed for fear of catching a Maui's Dolphin...

Considering that Rob was apparently a designer, I have to say they put together a rubbish website. I wonder if Trudi did it??
Old 2 Feb 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3500244)   #89
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I think this promo company has rocks in their head to be honest. What have they got to promote and to be honest the same goes for ST, its a marginal proposition.
Probably a two-fold question.... What they’ve got to promote is the commercial face of the sport, I would assume ALL interested parties would want to ensure the sport is putting its very best foot forward....
They’ve also got themselves to promote and contracts with national sporting bodies who have the likes of Toyota pouring cash into the sport aren’t to be sneezed at. I know of plenty of businesses that lose money on certain jobs because the potential downstream is well well worth it.

Hence the interest in how far the net was cast....

Last edited by Chappelli; 2 Feb 2015 at 21:19.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3500256)   #90
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Are you suggesting that 10Seventy are doing this solely as “work experience”?

As per my previous post, how far was the net cast?
I have no idea if a net was cast, how far, but if it was I would bet that there was very few fish in it when they pulled it in.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3500259)   #91
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Seriously I am surprised that MSNZ got even anyone to put their hand up to take over the promo of "Tier 1". I bet that there weren't companies beating down their door to get involved since most companies that have done it in the past have failed (including Global who possibly had the best show ever to actually promote) and this BS V8 split certainly isn't helping ANYONE to have any confidence going forward.

And c'mon, with 5 degrees of separation someone can link someone to TMC, FFS!! How many people have knocked on the door of a complete stranger & got sponsorship or the likes. Not many I bet, there always needs to be a way in with a friend or a mate or someone who knows someone.

Bill is right about the SI circuits doing their own promotion and it working well, but seemingly all the NI circuits just want to hire the track to 10Seventy and let them take all the risk.

You guys cried blue murder when MSNZ were doing it, now they have finally managed to pass over the reins you are all just as bloody quick to bag this new outfit. I openly admit as a competitor at Ruapuna it was a dismal effort but at least give these 10Seventy guys a chance to improve things.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3500277)   #92
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
And c'mon, with 5 degrees of separation someone can link someone to TMC, FFS!! How many people have knocked on the door of a complete stranger & got sponsorship or the likes. Not many I bet, there always needs to be a way in with a friend or a mate or someone who knows someone.
C’mon?
For starters it’s not 5 degrees, it’s zero degrees of separation. It’s also nothing like asking someone to give you money, it’s giving a company business... 10Seventy list MSNZ as a client, not the other way round....
In politics, dishing out benefits based on social contact over merit is called cronyism and it’s generally frowned upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
You guys cried blue murder when MSNZ were doing it, now they have finally managed to pass over the reins you are all just as bloody quick to bag this new outfit. I openly admit as a competitor at Ruapuna it was a dismal effort but at least give these 10Seventy guys a chance to improve things.
Ask yourself the question. Why were we crying blue murder when MSNZ were doing it (badly) and why are we crying blue murder now that 10Seventy are doing it (dismally)?

This is what I can’t understand about motorsport. By you own admission 10Seventy are doing a dismal job, that’s not meant as a criticism of them, they’re a new company who’ve not run a sausage sizzle let alone what’s supposed to be a top of the pile event, with one of New Zealand’s largest corporate as a sponsor, with competitors that are paying tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to be there... Yet, the first suggestion that this is an area where the sport can lift its game and the wagons circle, trying to justify why it’s okay to do such a “bad” deal with a “mate”.....
Old 8 Feb 2015, 00:33 (Ref:3502579)   #93
brmmbrmm
Rookie

brmmbrmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lot can't be serious ! Hats off to 10 Seventy for taking the series on board. I have met all 3 directors and their crew over the past few weekends of racing and not only do they seem very competent, they also are very personable. Everyone I have spoken to having nothing but positive comments about what they have achieved already. Big difference here is their vision. Thumbs down for posting their personal info in a public forum....scrapping at the bottom of the barrel here! You should be embarrassed.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 00:38 (Ref:3502581)   #94
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmmbrmm View Post
Everyone I have spoken to having nothing but positive comments about what they have achieved already. Big difference here is their vision.
what have they achieved so far? and what is their vision?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3502592)   #95
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
is the NZGP still on in 6 days time? driving around the Manawatu this weekend.. you wouldn't know it.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 01:01 (Ref:3502598)   #96
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hopefully 10seventy was at Manfeild yesterday.. at the All Aussies Car Day.. 'promoting'. a big group of car enthusiast in one place. it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3502603)   #97
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
there would've been an even bigger group of car enthusiasts at the Superstock Teams Champs in Palmy. were they targeted too?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3502607)   #98
brmmbrmm
Rookie

brmmbrmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes NZGP is on next weekend. Manfield track are the promoters of that round. Hopefully a good weekend. Heard they have big numbers on the grid.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 04:34 (Ref:3502680)   #99
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
someone has promoted this round?

big numbers? for what? TRS, F5000 and CMC. you mean normal numbers for these 3 classes.

you still haven't told us what 10seventy has achieved so far.. and what their is vision?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3502694)   #100
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Which is it? They're a business with a vision (which for most businesses involves some sort of return) or they should be applauded for taking it on board (because there's no chance of getting a return)....