Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Dec 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2803520)   #226
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
The deal with Rebellion Racing can't be seen as a major announcement like it was for Peugeot-Sport in 2006, or even Aston/Prodrive in 2008...
Well no because it isn't a commitment to a full-scale return. We just hope it is.

Hopefully they have a long-term plan but there is always the chance they will see something this year they don't like or a genius in the boardroom decides it goes no further.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2803536)   #227
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
They are quite the ambitious operation. I love the fact that they are wanting to race in LMP2 like this, but I just hope this operation doesn't turn into another Farnbacher Loles.
Meaning mystery man Tucker is a schemer of the ponzi? Not sure, but here's to being optomistic he does it all legally.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2803567)   #228
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Meaning mystery man Tucker is a schemer of the ponzi? Not sure, but here's to being optomistic he does it all legally.
He does have a legitimate source of business income, owns, or owned one of the payday check type companies, and believe has a patent or something on one of the systems used in the industry.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2803582)   #229
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Has anyone heard the date that the entry list for the 2011 ILMC will be released?
I would guess around the time the Sebring list is revealed.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2803877)   #230
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
The deal with Rebellion Racing can't be seen as a major announcement like it was for Peugeot-Sport in 2006, or even Aston/Prodrive in 2008...
But remember what AMR announced before the 2008 season. And then an year later....
Old 16 Dec 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2805090)   #231
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Signature-Plus will do the ILMC next year.
Unsure whether they will use the Aston or go down the LMP2 route which would likely be an Oreca-Nissan. It all depends on budget at this point. Looks like they would like to keep all three drivers but reading between the lines, a pay driver with good backing could walk into this team IMO.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5866.html
Old 17 Dec 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2805500)   #232
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like Signature-Plus will do the ILMC next year.
Unsure whether they will use the Aston or go down the LMP2 route which would likely be an Oreca-Nissan. It all depends on budget at this point. Looks like they would like to keep all three drivers but reading between the lines, a pay driver with good backing could walk into this team IMO.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5866.html
Well they definitely won't be keeping all three drivers, since Pierre Ragues has signed for OAK Racing and will race alongside Guillaume Moreau in a LMP1 Pescarolo next year.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2805821)   #233
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
WoooH !!! ..... Moreau-Ragues is a pretty **** hot driver line up . So , I take it that Nicolet will be staying in his P2 car for ILMC ?

People crib that Nicolet sometimes gets involved in the driver line up . I understand that as the owner he wants a spin ..... so would I . The way that I see it now is , that he has decided to stay in P2 himself , and let the quick lads have a bash at honors .

And anyway ..... what he did for Henri Pescarolo , Im an OAK fan now . Nice to see some lovin in the world these days .

Whats the word on Pescarolo merchandise being available soon ..... I reckon it would sell like never before .
Old 18 Dec 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2805873)   #234
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
WoooH !!! ..... Moreau-Ragues is a pretty **** hot driver line up . So , I take it that Nicolet will be staying in his P2 car for ILMC ?
Possible, the fact that he moved one of the team's entries into P1 suggests he does indeed want that entry to be truly competitive, so it should have a third pro for Le Mans as well (Lahaye? Charouz? Someone else?). After all, in the LMS, P2 cars have to have a gentleman driver, and P1 cars don't.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2807062)   #235
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So. Old grandfathered GT1 cars will be permitted to participate @ GTE AM category, for 2011 only. I could at least see JLOC running Lambo at Chinese round (& Le Mans? ), perhaps someone with lonely Saleen or Corvette as well.

Apparently there will be balance adjustments for GT2 after the third round of the championship (same for LMS & ALMS?).
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2807285)   #236
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So. Old grandfathered GT1 cars will be permitted to participate @ GTE AM category, for 2011 only
Do they really need GT1- to boost up the GTE grids ?

I would rather not see that , flogging the crap outta a dead horse . GT1 should be remembered for what it was , spectacular , not being beaten by a GTE car .
Old 23 Dec 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2807744)   #237
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far a lot of questions remain unanswered...

LMS / ILMC 2011 – Entry list

LM P1
Aston Martin Racing –
Audi Sport Team Jöst – Audi R18 – McNish / Kristensen / Capello
Audi Sport Team Jöst – Audi R18 –
Hope Pole Vision Racing – Oreca 01 / Lehmann Hybride -
Matmut Oreca - _ / _ - Lapierre / Duval
OAK Racing – Pescarolo / Judd – Moreau / Ragues
Pescarolo Team– Pescarolo /_ -
Rebellion Racing – Lola / Toyota - Jani / Prost
Rebellion Racing – Lola / Toyota – Boullion / Belicchi
Team Peugeot Total – Peugeot 90X -
Team Peugeot Total – Peugeot 90X -

LM P2
AF Corse - Lola / Judd - Russo / Companc
OAK Racing - Pescarolo / Judd – _ / _
Race Performance – Oreca 03 / Judd - Meichtry / Frey
Racing Box –
RML -
Sbarta Sport - Oreca 03 / Nismo – _ /_
Strakka Racing - HPD ARX 01 – Leventis / Watts / Kane
Team Bruichladdich - Ginetta-Zytek / Nismo – Ojjeh / Chalandon
Team RLR – MG Lola / Judd – Gates / Garofall / Phillips
Quifel-ASM Team -

GTE
AF Corse - Ferrari F458 –
AF Corse - Ferrari F458 –
BMW Team Schnitzer - BMW M3 -
BMW Team Schnitzer - BMW M3 -
CRS Racing – Ferrari -
Felbermayr Proton – Porsche -
Felbermayr Proton – Porsche -
Hankook Team Farnbacher – Ferrari – Farnbacher / _
IMSA Performance Matmut – Porsche –Narac / _
JMW Motorsport – Aston Martin Vantage – Bell / Turner
Jota Sport - Aston Martin Vantage -
Larbre Compétition – Corvette C6R – Gardel / Canal / Bornhauser
Prospeed Competition – Porsche -
Spyker Squadron – Spyker -

?
Atlas FX-Team FS – Panoz – GT
Beechdean Mansell Motorsport –
Drayson Racing – Lola / Judd - LM P1
KSM –
Luc Alphand Aventures – GT or LM P2
Pegasus Racing -
Porsche - Porsche Hybrid – GT
Signature Motorsports – LM P1 or LM P2
Signature Plus - LM P1 or LM P2

Old 23 Dec 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2807749)   #238
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Is Strakka absolutely certain to stay in P2? And with what car? Sticking with the ARX-01 with a new LMP2-spec engine?

As for GT2 cars... if Porsche and Ferrari don't go ape with their allocations of factory drivers, we should probably see Melo/Bruni in an AF Corse Ferrari and Lieb/Lietz in a Felbermayr Porsche.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2807783)   #239
The Badger
Veteran

Im not sure about Strakka , Im hoping they are in with the same deal ..... but I havent heard any yea's or nea's either ?

Shame if the LM winner (P2) & the star of the day in the LMS didnt show up again !!! .... but to be honest , I havent heard a gig outta them .
Old 23 Dec 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2807787)   #240
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Is Strakka absolutely certain to stay in P2? And with what car? Sticking with the ARX-01 with a new LMP2-spec engine?

As for GT2 cars... if Porsche and Ferrari don't go ape with their allocations of factory drivers, we should probably see Melo/Bruni in an AF Corse Ferrari and Lieb/Lietz in a Felbermayr Porsche.
I really want to see Lieb in a Proto ..... I think it will happen , eventually . Shame that the driver that did the most miles in a RS Spyder , never got to race one in anger .

I have a belief about Lieb ...... that there aint that many drivers of that class ..... in one generation . I honestly , imo , think that that man is beyond most ..... It always seems to be him that drags that car outta the doldrums ..... and no better .

I spoke to a good friend of mine about Lieb & Singer , one who is in the know , several in fact . The plan was that Lieb , having passed his engineering degree , would slowly take on the mantle of Norbert Singer ..... but that suddenly changed with the respect of greedy *******s .

I dont know what happens now ..... but Lieb is on a pedestal of his own .
Old 23 Dec 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2807788)   #241
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Coincidentally, I've only just recently started listening to the 2008 Nurburgring 24h RLM coverage, and during qualifying there's an extended interview with Lieb himself, and he was talking both about his racing and his studies (and the fact that, because of the latter, he was unable to race at Le Mans in '08).

In any case, that man is a star. Without any shadow of doubt. And since he still has that degree, once his driving days are over, what could stop him from continuing with Porsche in an engineering role? That should be at least 10 years in the future... by which time...
Old 23 Dec 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2807795)   #242
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ..... thats true . In that year Lieb had to sit an exam , and study for it too . He was given the time to do it by Porsche , and he did it . But that led him to miss Le mans and certain other events .

That man will end up in the paddock with a long grey beard and a heap of respect ..... much like a Henri Pescarolo I expect .

Like I said before ..... Lieb was the portege of Singer ..... and was tutored to follow in Singers steps . But that kinda changed with the VW/Porsche crap .

What better engineer could you wish for ..... someone who knows what it is like to win & lose ..... someone who knows what he is talking about both from a driver point of view and an engineeing point of view ?

He will , in my opinion , become more than a racing driver ..... perhaps ..... a legend .

Last edited by The Badger; 23 Dec 2010 at 16:48.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2807944)   #243
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im not sure about Strakka , Im hoping they are in with the same deal ..... but I havent heard any yea's or nea's either ?

Shame if the LM winner (P2) & the star of the day in the LMS didnt show up again !!! .... but to be honest , I havent heard a gig outta them .
DSC say P2 with the Honda V6.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2808184)   #244
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lotus Evora for Jet Alliance?
Old 24 Dec 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2808190)   #245
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct. Double entry for the Austrian team. Further details on the squad unknown.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/12/...ora-gt2-entry/
Old 24 Dec 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2808219)   #246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Correct. Double entry for the Austrian team. Further details on the squad unknown.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/12/...ora-gt2-entry/
Another manufacturer in gt2 is a great early christmas present.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2808236)   #247
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They say they're planning to present the program in March. Will the presentation be AT Sebring then?
Old 24 Dec 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2808268)   #248
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 possible GT2 cars, WOW!

BMW M3 GT2
Corvette C6.R
Ferrari 458 (& 430??)
Porsche GT3-RSR
Jag XK-RS (RSR)
Ford GT-R?? (Robertson)
Lambo Gallardo (West Racing)
Lotus Evora (Jetalliance)
Spyker C8??

Am I missing a car??
Old 24 Dec 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2808301)   #249
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post

Am I missing a car??
The Aston Martin GT2.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2808307)   #250
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post

BMW M3 GT2
Corvette C6.R
Ferrari 458 (& 430??)
Porsche GT3-RSR
Jag XK-RS (RSR)
Ford GT-R?? (Robertson)
Lambo Gallardo (West Racing)
Lotus Evora (Jetalliance)
Spyker C8??