Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 30 May 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1314921)   #101
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Circumstances took out four cars.
Really? I didn't notice this guy. How'd he get past bump day?
Old 30 May 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1315049)   #102
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
So thats what happened to Scott! And we never knew why Lazier needed that wing change! I couldn't figure out what went wrong for Sharp, because one minute he's up in third, and the next time I look, he's down in 11th! I couldn't believe it.

That just show's you how much ABC - Always Bad Coverage as RM put it - missed yesterday....

We saw the Sharp black flag incident on the international feed - which uses the same pictures.

Maybe the domestic coverage was on one of its numerous adbreaks or pointless features they play while the race is still going on!
Old 31 May 2005, 01:15 (Ref:1315257)   #103
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
Tim she made mistakes. Nobody is discrediting that. She even said it herself during the post race interview in saying "She showed she was a rookie."

The bottom line is there is a lot of luck that is needed to win and she had it throughout the race. Yes while she did make mistakes, she also showed the will, patience and the guts needed to claw back what she had lost...twice She showed that she has what it takes to play with the boys including and that bout in going wheel to wheel shows her will to win.

Yes she made mistakes, but in the end we should be glad she helped provide us with some great racing.

I couldn't agree more....

and when she did go in to get the nose cone...the gamble they took to try to go the distance paid off when everyone else pitted on lap 173...

Rahal himself admitted that he did not think she had the car to fight her way through 9 other cars to the front following that incident unless they took that gamble.....

She would have been 9th or 10th without them taking that gamble...and it paid off....

But as I said earlier as well, overall, I thought she drove a great race.....

and as one of the people standing the entire last 20 laps cheering and yelling, I can tell you that she and the others in the hunt at the end created one of the three most exciting finishes I've seen at Indy in the last 25 years....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 31 May 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1316047)   #104
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found Sharps take on the black flag incident, even though I somehow missed the whole thing! Maybe you were right KB, maybe it was during all those damn commercial breaks!

On the penalty: “First of all, I am sorry to Buddy [Lazier] and sorry to the team. That put us back a couple of spots at the end. It was the kind of thing that was going on all day long. It happened hugely to me several times and it sort of seemed like that was the way racing was today. I had been held up coming off of Turn Two and moved to the inside. I knew Buddy had a run on me, but he had the whole three or four lanes to the right of me to go by. Instead he chose to take about a half a lane on the inside and I didn’t think he was really there and we touched. I thought he had the momentum and was going around the outside. I am glad that we were both able to finish.”

Danica Patrick
Old 3 Jul 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1346032)   #105
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the race today (taped it but havent had the time to watch it)

Awesome! the best race I have seen all year, probably one of the best I have ever seen. 2 wide in corners and 4 wide on straights, lots of overtaking, just great to see. Oval racing at it's best

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock