Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Mar 2024, 23:34 (Ref:4200175)   #51
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't look like Proton had a very successful Prologue with the Mustang.

No recorded laps in the morning session and only 3 laps in the afternoon with a best time of 2:15.321 (compared to 1:53.324 by the WRT BMW).
Old 21 Mar 2024, 13:25 (Ref:4202105)   #52
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow the Akka ASP/Mercedes relationship ending was not good as it turns out. It got personal it seems. A return to GT WC one day with Lexus does seem possible.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...3-competition/
Old 28 Mar 2024, 19:48 (Ref:4203194)   #53
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list for Paul Ricard released...

http://vmail.vertouk.net/userfiles/s...TRY%20LIST.pdf

https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...t-paul-ricard/

Pure Rxcing using the same driver line up as WEC (Malykhin, Bachler, Sturm). I wonder why they have entered into the Pro class.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 23:26 (Ref:4203218)   #54
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Pure Rxcing using the same driver line up as WEC (Malykhin, Bachler, Sturm). I wonder why they have entered into the Pro class.
SRO managed to count the breakdown by "class". But not by manufacturer, which is far more important. Just using my eyes and fingers. I got this....

Mercedes 10
Porsche 8
Aston Martin 7
Ferrari 7
Audi 7
BMW 6
Lamborghini 5
McLaren 3
Ford 1
Old 29 Mar 2024, 09:29 (Ref:4203254)   #55
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see how Sowery gets on as he has been blowing people away with speed in IMSA P2
Old 29 Mar 2024, 09:49 (Ref:4203258)   #56
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Sturm is a Gold driver at SRO and personally I find them to be way to strong for the Bronze class.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4203259)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
55 cars confirned for next weekend is superb. Crikey hasn't it come round quick too!

Some intereting driver line ups in PRO, including many less heralded pedallers. But that's good to see them getting a chance perhaps because some regular works drivers are elsewhere.

Looking ahead I wonder if we'll see more Mustangs or any Vettes at Spa?

The green one that's just gone up for sale in the States must have piqued a bit of interest from Europe!
Old 29 Mar 2024, 13:08 (Ref:4203281)   #58
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I doubt it, I think the pack of help from pratt Milelr is the main reason he is flogging it, plus it was dog slow so far, so maybe not the best tie to be buying that car right now.
Old 6 Apr 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4204015)   #59
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They changed the Pre Qualifying session rules. Not sure why.

You have to use the same set of tyres for the whole session, must start with a full fuel load (cant refuel), must do a minimum of 8 laps in the session and the time has been cut to 60 minutes from 90.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 13:13 (Ref:4204059)   #60
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Someone at SRO is keen to get their money's worth from what must be an expensive drone. The shots are good, but hopefully they don't rely on them too much.

Edit - Unusual issue at the start of the race - the gantry lights have malfunctioned. SC deployed.

Last edited by J Jay; 7 Apr 2024 at 13:20.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 14:02 (Ref:4204064)   #61
v8supes
Veteran

Horrible race so far. So many FCY/SC periods.

Schumacher CLRT Porsche gets out infront of the Iron Lynx Lambo on the pitstops for the lead but has come out with something attached to its rear wing.....

The Porsche has to pit from the lead to have the item removed. #63 Lambo takes the lead under SC.

The Mustang and BMWs are going to be crazy at Le Mans. So fast in a straight line.

Last edited by v8supes; 7 Apr 2024 at 14:14.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 16:05 (Ref:4204084)   #62
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
Why has someone told Addison to shout at the top of his voice! This is clearly a direction decision!

Other than that an enjoyable race, Lambo looked quick but the BMW had a clear and obvious straightline speed advantage, Ferrari struggled, Porsche were very unlucky, Merc were slow really, Audi were as usual superb, they really should bugger off from F1 and come back to this as you feel a proper factory car would dominate.

Some great drives too, Perera and 163 were superb, the vastly under rated Bachler yet again performing 911 miracles late on.

But let's be fair BMW had about a half second on the field here, Eng would have been second without his issues.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 16:54 (Ref:4204088)   #63
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty good race overall ......

Yeah there were a few too many FCY/SC at the start but an otherwise entertaining race right through to the end.

That rocket ship Mustang! Sounded awesome on the TV feed ...... must have been even better live! Typical Yank muscle car though - great in a straight-line just don't show it a corner! Exactly like the current road car!

Fantastic stint by Dan harper. He proved how good he was last year at Silverstone and Donington in BGT and this was another great showing by the young lad. Will be a big star going forward.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4204107)   #64
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
He already is a star for me, next step is probably getting a WRT contract and perhaps even getting into the prototype program, he has done his work in the UK and the Ruing, no need for much more other than what he is doing now.

Weird how this Ford keeps losing the bootlid, might also help aero!!
Old 7 Apr 2024, 21:02 (Ref:4204110)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The tv director wasn't brill today.

I get that SRO need to show all the classes but one of the drives of the race was Feller in the 99 Audi's 2nd stint. We hardly saw any of his moves!

Also when David Addison and John Watson were considering the Mustangs pace at Ricard maybe being down to long straights it was questioned how it might fare on other types of circuits like Monza or Spa...
Um, those are 2 circuits have more straights than Ricard!!

Very encouraging series debut for the car. Ratel, Multimatic and Proton must be delighted. I reckon there will be a 2nd car at Spa....

Some great action throughout the field today.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:58 (Ref:4204165)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I do have one little niggle. The mechanical warning flag for the Porsche with the earthing wire stuck to it felt a bit harsh.Understandable, but harsh.

Given the Mustang has a 100% failure rate of the rear deck lid, it feels a bit harsh to give the Porsche a warning for a cable, whilst the Mustang is absolutely going to have a serious failure that causes a yellow, and this appears to be fine. There needs to be repercussions for a car which throws bodywork over the circuit in every race it has entered.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 14:22 (Ref:4204229)   #67
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Why has someone told Addison to shout at the top of his voice! This is clearly a direction decision!
He's copying David Croft; SRO have taken the (wrong) lesson from Liberty Media. Get used to it - it's here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Fantastic stint by Dan harper.
It was, and Hesse did not let himself down at all. All three of the BMW young drivers (Verhagen included) are going to be a force to be reckoned with. BMW have been smart with driver recruitment and I'd say their roster goes toe-to-toe with Porsche as the best available at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Given the Mustang has a 100% failure rate of the rear deck lid, it feels a bit harsh to give the Porsche a warning for a cable, whilst the Mustang is absolutely going to have a serious failure that causes a yellow, and this appears to be fine. There needs to be repercussions for a car which throws bodywork over the circuit in every race it has entered.
At this point Ford shouldn't get anymore graces. Unfortunately they will, because no series organiser is going to push back on it until it causes a bigger accident. It was a shame to see the Porsche affected but that's a harsh lesson learned.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 19:41 (Ref:4204248)   #68
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I am not going to get used to a commentator with decades of experience being told to shout, why on earth do these idiotic tv people think this is necessary. That fat cretin doing F1 is about as much use as a straw fireguard so why does anyone feel the need to copy, he is universally hated by as many as he is liked.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4204257)   #69
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
I do have one little niggle. The mechanical warning flag for the Porsche with the earthing wire stuck to it felt a bit harsh.Understandable, but harsh.

Its getting to the point where you might consider that its being done on purpose by Ford to gain some kind of advantage. They dont even bother replacing it in the pit stops now.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4204293)   #70
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Its getting to the point where you might consider that its being done on purpose by Ford to gain some kind of advantage. They dont even bother replacing it in the pit stops now.
If it was a one off, I'd be ok with them not replacing it. However, now they're basically running a non-homologated car every week. In a way thats causing danger to others.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4204296)   #71
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
why on earth do these idiotic tv people think this is necessary.
Sadly, I'm almost certain it's a net positive for whatever metrics are used to monitor engagement. Even more sadly, from working with the target demographic in my daily job, I can see that it works rather well.

Quote:
However, now they're basically running a non-homologated car every week. In a way thats causing danger to others.
This would be a good justification for other teams/manufacturers to base an official complaint on, without looking like sour grapes or politics.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 02:08 (Ref:4204558)   #72
GT3_Fan
Racer

A race at Paul Ricard was watchable! Great move to make it a 3 hour race. I always thought for years that Ricard was a bad track to hold their 6 hour race. Finally they made the move this year and it paid off I think. Now lets have fewer safety cars at these events SRO?!
Old 13 Apr 2024, 01:04 (Ref:4204812)   #73
v8supes
Veteran

I dont know if anyone is interested but the entry was spread as follows.

Audi - 5
Aston Martin - 7
BMW - 5
Ferrari - 7
Ford - 1
Lamborghini - 5
Mclaren - 4
Mercedes - 10
Porsche - 8

Manufacturers with homologation but not present - Corvette, Bentley, Nissan, Honda/Acura, Lexus, Callaway

Interestingly while looking into which cars still have homologation the Ferrari 458 can still be used until the end of this year.

Last edited by v8supes; 13 Apr 2024 at 01:18.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 07:25 (Ref:4204832)   #74
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I think we might get the odd Honda at some sprint rounds, Lexus dont really run at al anymore ither than in WEC and IMSA oddly, Bentley, you would think Britain might have one, maybe too dear to run with less backup now.