Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:37 (Ref:632118)   #1
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf - Pah!!

Well, you didn't really think Ralf would have a go at Michael, did you?
I certainly didn't...
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:42 (Ref:632124)   #2
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He never tries to pass his brother...the order was assured from the fist pit stop
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:51 (Ref:632129)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Harsh don't you think?

He and nobody else could pass a car with equivaent performance. He lost out in the pit stops, his mate spun it away.

Just shows he's as good as the rest.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:51 (Ref:632130)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Anyway, no one of the first four tried to pass in those last laps.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:54 (Ref:632134)   #5
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, dont diss him this time. I think MS ran a sensible race. He knew the Willaims could not pass him. RS drove well. He was controlled and set a good pace. I am the furthest thing from a RS fan but I dont think he had a chance in this race. On the last lap MS went into the 1.16 range. After running mid to high 1.17s for his last stint.

Even with the draft RS's top speeds were still less than his brothers.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:55 (Ref:632135)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Schummy!

Don't you try and use balanced argumant AGAINST US YOU ..........
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:56 (Ref:632136)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er I maent "argument". Must get a new keyboard.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:57 (Ref:632138)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
.........and I meant "meant".
Old 15 Jun 2003, 18:59 (Ref:632140)   #9
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Lol Being a citizen of the world it's natural to mess about the different languages!

Last edited by Schummy; 15 Jun 2003 at 19:00.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 19:04 (Ref:632148)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
After sitting behind Michael for 50 laps, there was no way that he'd have had a go in the final laps. Disappointed that Juan Pablo didn't have a go at him though.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 19:08 (Ref:632155)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually we see more passing than that. Pretty boring race really.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 19:11 (Ref:632160)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually I fell asleep!
Old 15 Jun 2003, 19:29 (Ref:632178)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Disappointed that Juan Pablo didn't have a go at him though.
So was I.

So - and this is not directed at you, mr. v - why "Ralf PAH" and not "Montoya PAH"?

Yawn
Old 15 Jun 2003, 20:20 (Ref:632238)   #14
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still think that if MS had been in a Williams he still would
have won.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:18 (Ref:632562)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually just shows hoe Maximilian Rufus Mosley brilliant new point system dramatically increases entertainment. For 10-6=4 Ralf might had a go, but for 10-8=2 more points? Or Patrick would switch him for JPM and let him try. (but they don't use teamorders do they; in that case perhaps JPM would risk passes on both of them). But of course, the championship doesn't end at Magny cours, thus keeping the audience excited...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:42 (Ref:632574)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kind of agree Red, they really need to increase the score for a win to 12. Sure, the series won't be over early, but it's already decided that Williams cant claw back with such small gaps between 1st and 2nd. It doenst keep the WDC alive, just on life support.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 07:12 (Ref:632602)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today was impossible to pass; that's true that MS leadership was never in danger, after he got the lead, but if it wasn't for the pit advantage, MS would never have passed Ralf in the race, because the chassis/tyres mix gave a very evenly result: Ferrari chassis and Micheline tyres were the better, but non on the same car, so...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 08:45 (Ref:632676)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
So - and this is not directed at you, mr. v - why "Ralf PAH" and not "Montoya PAH"?

Well, the MONTOYA PAH thread has 31/32 posts and the RAFE PAH thread only haas half that
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:20 (Ref:632717)   #19
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes monty was bad too but ralf is taking this 'brotherly love' thing waaaaay past where he should.
I wouldn't be surprised if one day he gets blamed for not passing michael when it truly IS impossible...if it's not at that stage allready.It's his own fault
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:24 (Ref:632722)   #20
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by RWC; 16 Jun 2003 at 09:27.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:02 (Ref:632989)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stop bringing your hatred of Max into everything Red. At Brazil last year, Ralf had the quicker car at the end, but didn't make a move even under the old system which 'encouraged overtaking'. Montoya made an agressive move on Alonso which only gained him 2 points. Ralf's lack of aggression and commitment in a move is the issue.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:33 (Ref:633017)   #22
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with BOTS on Brazil part, and agree with Red's opinion on Max's new rules.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 10:10 (Ref:633957)   #23
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Stop bringing your hatred of Max into everything Red.
Look, I don't hate Max; where did you get this strange idea anyway? However I do have a big problem with this rules revamping, the reasons that lead to it and the way they implemented all the stuff.